2011 Rd 1/Rd 2 Mock 4 man Mock draft...Discussions.

Discussion in 'Draft' started by WW85, Mar 7, 2011.

1. Jabba the Jet

Jabba the Jet New Member

If they take Cam Newton #1 its an act of pure desperation and stupidity

JMO

2. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

let me pose a question to WW Browns GM. If A.J. Green were to not be around at 6, would the browns consider Julio Jones? Or would their needs at other positions trump Jones as he could be considered a reach at 6.

I think they need to give Mccoy receiving talent immediately. personally best case scenario for cleveland (in my eyes) would be Green at 6 (as happened here) and Kyle Rudolph in the second. Yes I realize they have a solid TE in Watson, but Rudolph would be the future TE and could learn for a year or two under Watson, and he adds another weapon for their offense. Sure their defense needs help, but much like our situation this year, they need to surround their young signal caller with weapons so he can reach his maximum potential.

3. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Guys tone it down...appreciate it.

4. Jabba the Jet

Jabba the Jet New Member

lol :grin:

5. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

...or they take the most physically gifted quarterback in the draft in hopes that he can rejuvenate their crumbling fan base.

6. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

then lets ask this question, why not? What does PA have as a weakness that shows he isnt a top pick? What range do you see him in and why wouldnt a team like Dallas even consider reaching for him if he is a top 15 prospect?

7. Jabba the Jet

Jabba the Jet New Member

That might be true, Johnny is a smart football guy and I have a ton of respect for his opinions.

8. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Amukamara's the second best corner behind one of the most elite cornerback prospects to come out in quite some time.

A lot of scouts were questioning his speed before the combine and he shut all of them up with a fast time.

He'll be a top ten pick - Dallas desperately needs help in the secondary. They supposedly covet Peterson, so I wouldn't be surprised to see a trade up.

9. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

I had to go back and see who was available.

If Green was off the board, I would have taken my next BPA that would fill a need...Robert Quinn.

While I believe Jones is a very good player, IMO, Quinn has much better value and the Brown's defense is in transition with Mangini leaving.

10. casman02

casman02 New Member

yep, the only guy I think I have constantly mocked into the first is Pouncey who can sneak into the end of the first.

11. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

fair enough, its hard to argue with Quinn, thats a big boost to their defense.

12. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Jonathan Baldwin was a possibility.

13. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

Oh I agree with you, I was curious about Jabba's opinion since his is clearly different that yours/mine. If Prince was in just about any other draft class I think it would be a fair bet he would be the top prospect. Actually I think he is a better prospect than Haden who came out last year and was a top 10 pick. Haden had the tape, but not the athleticism numbers of a top 10 pick. Prince's tape isnt what haden's was, but he was still damn good, and his measurables are better than Hadens

14. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

My thinking with the Jet's pick:

- Mo Wilkerson leaving early had me concerned.
    - There was no 3-4 end talent, except Heyward, and Ayers was a better value and fit in the Jet's defense.
    - I considered Rahim Moore for a moment, but couldn't pass up Ayers.
    - No disrespect to others on this site, I'm just not as high on Sheard in late rd 1 and like Ayers better.
    - I was lucky New England didn't take Ayers
    - Even drafting Ayers, the Jets should consider another OLB pass threat later in the draft.

15. JohnnyThaJet

JohnnyThaJet Active Member

Mr. E's Sideline Scouting reference towards me in 3....2...1...

but thanks man, greatly appreciated for sure.

16. Jabba the Jet

Jabba the Jet New Member

Its not that he's a bad player, rule, he just isn't one of the 10 best players in this draft in my view, I just don't think he gets his hands on enough footballs to be a TOP 10 Pick.

I know you can't take Julio Jones if you're the Cowboys, too loaded at WR, but you can create a nightmare for opposing QB's with DeMarcus Ware off one edge and Von Miller or Aldon Smith off the other.

17. Jabba the Jet

Jabba the Jet New Member

Same here, WW, if Quinn is on the board I take him, but I do think Julio Jones is a legit TOP 10 Prospect and I wouldn't hesitate to take him at #6 if Quinn was off the board.

18. MagillaGuerilla

MagillaGuerilla New Member

Giving up on Anthony Spencer?

19. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

It's wrong to assume Jabba looks at other team's rosters before he makes picks.

20. Jabba the Jet

Jabba the Jet New Member

He's been in the league for four years and never had more than 6 Sacks in a single season, that is the definition of JAG and IMO you don't pass on a potential impact player because of Just Another Guy, but don't expect E to consider such trvialities.

Anyway I would have drafted the edge rusher and made Spencer my first OLB off the bench.

#180 Jabba the Jet, Mar 8, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2011