Brady vs. Manning

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by peytonmanning18, Jan 6, 2011.

1. DamierDoobies

DamierDoobies New Member

Brady is definitely better. No question I would rather have him on my team than Manning.

Peyton has incredible talent, but the problem is he doesn't have another gear to go into come playoff time. Brady steps up his game in the playoffs and hardly ever makes costly decisions unlike Manning with his game-losing interceptions.

2. Scoffaveli3

Scoffaveli3 Banned

in this argument you have to exclude the playoffs in which he won games if you want to be heard

you also have to exclude when peyton shit the bed in the playoffs

only then will your opinion be valid. only when you are impressed by big regular season numbers that lead to first round exits or exits after a bye

3. Scoffaveli3

Scoffaveli3 Banned

hahahahaha you sound so ridiculous...I'm sure if Peyton(who is pretty fucking smart) thought that he could dump the ball off and do what brady has done then he would do it. I mean shit, why throw it downfield just to show that you can do the difficult when it isn't leading to more wins?

Peyton Manning must be the greatest QB of all time because he doesn't want to win rings, he just wants to win regular season games in the most difficult fashion possible. If there is nobody guarding the tight end or the RB, fuck that, I'm not going the easy route. Im trying to fit it in the tightest spot possible just so guys on message boards can debate how great I am because I do hard shit.

Roflmao

4. Scoffaveli3

Scoffaveli3 Banned

Why drive the ball down the field in the playoffs in a way that I know is effective? Why rely on my teammates when I can do the reaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllly hard stuff. Even if I fail miserably time and time again people will blame it on my teammates as long as I don't dump it off and win the game.

Who needs multiple rings when you can say I've been held back by my team?

5. DamierDoobies

DamierDoobies New Member

At first I was all like SAY WHATTTT

then my sarcasm detector finally went off lol

6. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Yeah, that's what I said

7. Scoffaveli3

Scoffaveli3 Banned

basically.

8. Murrell2878

That's not the system that the Colts run. They have down field receivers and a down field passer. The Patriots system relies on getting the ball into the receivers hands quickly.

Bart Starr won 5 championships in the 60's and Unitas won zero. I don't know of anyone who would consider Starr to be better than Unitas. But using your logic then can I assume you are the one person who would rank Starr ahead of Unitas?

9. Scoffaveli3

Scoffaveli3 Banned

So the Great Peyton manning has no input into the system, the players that he wants to be in that system, etc?

Damn. He is held back so much if only they would allow him to be unleashed into the Tom Brady system...

That is where you win super bowls. Obviously. Nobody has ever won a super bowl except in the brady system

10. Murrell2878

Winning Super Bowls doesn't make one player better than another

11. Scoffaveli3

Scoffaveli3 Banned

i mean it is obvious that you don't think it is important for QBs to play their best when it matters

no need to clarify

12. Murrell2878

Championships don't make one player better than another. Do you think Bart Starr was better than Johnny Units? What about Aikman and Young? Was Marino better than Elway? I mean if playing better when it mattered most makes a player better than another then surely you feel that Elway was better than Marino right?

13. Scoffaveli3

Scoffaveli3 Banned

if they are comparable players, then they do

unfortunately you are looking for somebody to do hard things in a losing effort

Peyton=GOAT if you qualify it that way

14. Murrell2878

Championships do not make one player better than another. You dodged my question on the other examples. Why is that?

15. James Calvin

James Calvin Banned

Well. I'm glad we all now agree and this matter has been finally settled for good.

16. GoPats

GoPats Well-Known Member

There's no "formula" for judging individual players' legacies. Joe Montana never threw for 4,000 yards in a season and is at or near the top of almost everyone's lists. Dan Marino never won a championship but put up numbers like no one before him. Both of those guys are regarded as among the best to ever play, but for obviously different reasons.

That said...

Even if you took away Brady's three Super Bowl rings and the two SB-MVPs, he's still a top-10 all-time QB, IMO. Two MVPs, 50 TDs in one season, most consecutive postseason wins, most consecutive regular season wins, best TD-to-INT ratio in the Super Bowl era, six Pro Bowls, two-time All-Pro... plus a number of other records and awards.

Following along here, you seem to just really hate the guy, which is cool. But I think that impacts your objectivity. I don't know if he's better than Manning... both guys are still playing, and personally I think it's a useless exercise to talk about it until they're done.

17. Scoffaveli3

Scoffaveli3 Banned

none of this matters because Brady throws to the open guy no matter where he is on the field. Peyton only throws downfield to guys that are covered so that makes him better. Yards after the catch should not count for the QB

18. peytonmanning18

peytonmanning18 New Member

This argument is old and worn out. Brady has never proven anything in the playoffs. I don't care how many championships the Patriots won while Brady just happened to be the guy taking snaps.

19. GoPats

GoPats Well-Known Member

His last three games have not had good results, but how the hell can you possibly make that claim? Were you too young to watch (and understand) football from 2001 to 2004?

I can understand your sensitivity to the topic, but that statement is pretty far out there dude. Brady won his first 10 playoff games as a starter, and had plenty to do with the outcomes of all of 'em.

20. peytonmanning18

peytonmanning18 New Member

He get's WAY more credit than he deserves.