17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I believe " the best bet " would have been not to buy the freaking PSL in the first place---------but thats just me :breakdance:
    ps no upgrade / relocation/ phone call as of yet but just as the NFL has their deadline I do also---I am willing to listen, but after friday that is off the table :beer:
    pss cbg now that you did not renew your season tickets what will you do ? I am going to Disney World "

2. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Who needs the aggrevation, for God's sake. The whole idea was cockamamie right from the beginning and still is.

Peoples' lives change. Circumstances arise. Other priorities and even emergencies develope necessitating changes in life style and asset allocation. Why in the world would anyone want to be handcuffed to anything like that? You shuld be able to walk away from any season ticket package whenever you want.

Ridiculous to even let yourself be caught up in that. I'm really surprised they were able to convince so many this was a good idea. PT Barnum had nothing on Woody Johnson.

3. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

Maybe your rep is on furlough...

4. Section 227. Row 5

His rep is on something but I don't think it's furlough.

5. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

which rep? I have had so many I lost count . The current fellow seems nice enough but it matters not---> spin it try , sell it , tell me I am on this list, I am on that list, we are just not up to you yet, you will hear from us soon, we are not relocating anyone at this time, hold your breath and count to 30 if you don't exhale we will give you a yellow parking permit----------now in the center ring :lol:
    you just can't make this stuff up:shit:

6. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

Guy Lepore is my rep and he always seemed to be a straight shooter.

7. GrindHouse

GrindHouse Member

This season can't start any sooner, especially after spending a couple grand on tickets. The cool thing about it though is that the wife can't wait either lol. And as far as the default topic, if I were you I would pay for them over that 6 month time period which the Jets are also allowing and that should buy you more time to either a) find a buyer or b) come up with the money so that you could keep your seats. I don't see the Jets letting people default without going after them, that wouldn't look good from a business stand point. Plus they are having a hard time selling the rest of their PSL now, do people think they want some coming back from default. If anybody is in this situation, hopefully they will be able to figure it out and find a way to hold on to their seats.

8. 309'em

309'em Member

I also have Guy as a rep and heard the same thing - not calling people for a few weeks. He also said pay first to get on the relocation and yellow parking lists.

9. Section 227. Row 5

I must have just caught them on a good day, then, because I called and told them I was NOT going to pay up first. I told them I was dropping all 8 seats unless they gave me a relocation BEFORE I pay my invoice.

As far as "a few weeks," I called last week and was relocated. So what's up with that? This is what I'm saying, fellas, do not trust what one rep tells you.

As far as the Yellow Parking (which is a separate issue), yes, I paid for my new seats (50%) and then was allowed on the Yellow Parking Wait List, but only after they charged me $150 for the Green Passes. I guess if my Yellows come through, they will take the Greens in on trade and charge me the difference.

10. Section 227. Row 5

I've also seen him on the pistol range and he does shoot very well.

As far as telling the truth, he's still a rep.

11. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Following 227's lead, that's what I did. I told them I am one and done unless they upgrade me because I am not watching the game on the screen everytime they are in the other end zone. I will buy a big TV and Sunday ticket. I even conferenced in 2 friends who were militant like me. I was never going to give them up, but I would have gone past April 1st if that's what it took. I am sure being a STH for 30 years helped but no way was I going back to those seats. I would call and ask for someone else and get radical. They need us, we don't need them.

12. sg3

sg3 Banned

the good news for the grumblers complaining about reps is that since there are so few seats to sell and the job has now been reduced to clubseat upgrades and upper deck relocations (deserving loyal fans like 227 getting the seats he should have gotten in the first place) and with ticketmaster handling the sales of the really rotten seats in the UD (row 20 and up), the number of reps and other stadium sales staff has been reduced from around 90 in the height of the sales process last offseason to around 9.

13. Section 227. Row 5

It seems to me (and should be obvious to everyone) that there still exist very loose policies. In fact, one wonders if there are policies in place at all, or is it just subject to the whims of the particular rep at the time of the call and what kind of mood they are in, or what their tolerance is for grumbling.

This has been the most frustrating part of the process for the past 30 months and what precipitated the grumblings in the first place. Rumors and haphazzard placement of some with (sometimes) regard for seniority and then again sometimes not. Sometimes being told one thing and then another by different reps even on the same day, only hours apart. Setting up a "Seat By Seniority" program only to find out they held back and did not assign by seniority, that is was all a hoax.

The Jets Ticket Office set up this nightmare for themselves... the atmosphere of mistrust and perceived deceit. It can be argued that the "complaining grumblers" were actually born of the Jets' own actions and brought upon by no other than their own lack of integrity, organization and honest business dealings. It's been as if competant management is non-existant. And it continues today. Using the Orange Parking as a tool to finish selling the PSLs, only to reverse that ludicrous policy now for the folly that it is after seeing so many vacancies in Yellow last year as opposed to overcrowded Orange lots. A tool to coerce, nonetheless, but now being changed because the PSL sales are nearly complete and Uppers are bailing in droves. I'll probably be denied Yellow Parking (I'll probably be told it was first come and first served and I didn't make the cut), only to find out they will use the Yellow Passes as bait to sell Rows 16-24 in the Upper Deck. Something will have to be done to do that, because they are going to have an awful lot of high row shitty seats up there sitting vacant. Distrust, yes. And it won't stop.

So please let's not condemn the grumblers. The Jets themselves manufactured them and I'm a proud member of that group. I never started out a grumbler. In fact, I was tickled pink about the prospects of a new stadium. And if seniority must be the priority, okay... I was willing to live with that (and did - faithfully waiting until June 16, 2009 when my "call day" arrived). I felt they had been honest with me about the best seats available... my Row 16 seats on the 1-yard line. It wasn't until later that I realized something wasn't kosher with this pledge by Manny. And Manny had not been completely honest with me. Manny did such a good job, BTW, convincingly lying to so many senior ticketholders, that he was promoted to management and led many new hirees in the charge to further deceive for the next 20 months or so.

Anyone new to the board has to realize the current distrust and grumbling was an evolutionary process and I'm sure it's not easy for anyone to fully grasp the amount of frustration and angst.

14. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

I lucked out. 17a was my mouthpiece. Haha.

15. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

227 is it not amazing what you stated? I mean these guys still don't have it rite and it's almost 3 years later! It seems to me that the ticket office either A) refuses to learn from past mistakes
    or
    B) they WANT to do business this way

I go with "B" because how can anyone in their rite mind still be doing the things that they have done,,,,,and it's 3 freaking years later?

simply amazing.

I cannot imagine what the upper deck is going to look like next year----the only way they will fill it is if they have "military discounts " or some give away in place each week----what a shame this all has become! They will be lucky if they can get it 3 quarters full.

16. Section 227. Row 5

CBG, it's B. They chose B because, even thought they knew it was wrong, they had to fill all the seats. And the Giants had a much longer wait list than the Jets did, so they were behind the 8-ball. What better way to do it than to lie your way and shove people around.

And it worked! They accomplished their short-term goal. Problem is, they pissed off so many people in the process (still are) that now I believe they're running out of Jets fans to screw. That's right, running out of fan base.

How in hell are they going to fill the Uppers from Row, say, 14 and up? Ain't gonna happen. And for awhile (perhaps a month or two ago, they were losing more ground than they were taking, which is maybe why I was able to get some leverage. Then someone up there said, "Wait a minute. We can't be giving away better seats like this. Put an immediate freeze on this shit and tell people we'll call them back in a couple of weeks. We're losing ground like crazy and giving away the good seats and we'll never get the bad ones filled." Back to the lies we go.

I think I may have just caught that very delicate window in between wanting to please some old timers and doing the right thing finally and getting back to screwing everyone because they have to. Somebody upstairs determined honesty is not the best policy so they've got to get back to the bullshit again.

"We'll call you in several weeks." Yeah, right.

17. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Does anyone know how Giants fans feel about all of this? They are not handling it as asinine as our management has, but it is the same seats, bathrooms, views, concessions, crap design, poor escalator layout, etc.

Their fans are F'd since the PSL's in the upper deck locks them in (unless they just can't wait to sell them, or $1000 can also be walked away from I suppose.)

We compare our crappy stadium to what Dallas has since ours cost about the same and was built around the same time. That's a hated rival to them, so I wonder if it burns their fans even more. Had the Dolphins built a gorgeous building the same time as ours i know I'd be on fire.

18. sg3

sg3 Banned

the upper deck, CBG, in 2011 will look exactly as it did in 2010 (except for the tarps and the new toilet facilities)

sold out

the UD originally sold out back in 2009 in less than 2 months. There are plenty of football fans out there ready to sign up for non-PSL seats just as you did. Each year there will be some disappointed fans dropping out and each year they will be replaced. This year there are a few more because so many of the old geezers in the Giant Stadium 50 yard line area were angry that they couldnt continue to pay their 85 bucks a game in the new place and moved to the UD because there were no PSLs. A good percentage of them are "one and done' like you. They also took up a large number of the better UD seats and their leaving allows loyal diehard and excellent Jet fans like 227 to get themselves relocated to seats that they can enjoy going forward.

By the beginning of the 2011 season, the UD will be much more filled with Jet fans that really want to be there so that in future years the UD turnover will be a very small issue as is the turnover in the rest of the stadium this offseason

19. sg3

sg3 Banned

you say in your sig that the last game you ever went to was the Bengal final game, I assume in 2009. So you've never actually gone to the new stadium, I assume again?

but somehow you know that it's crappy and has bad bathrooms, bad views and escalator problems. Just so you know, those three issues only affect the upper deck. The Jets allowed their STH to choose seats right from the beginning that brought them down to better seats (like I did). The Giants said "take it or leave it- those are your seats" The Jets also told their STH that the UD seats were very high and had not so great views and offered alternatives that could have gotten a STH to the LL for as low as a 2500 dollar PSL financed over 15 years (two packs of cigarettes a month or so)

Even now, the Jets are going to make improvements in the concourses and add bathroom capacity to try and improve things that they recognize aren't good in the Upper Deck.

20. JetsFan#1

JetsFan#1 Member

I agree. That being said, the Jets took no SS#, date of birth etc. It would be kind of hard to ding someone's credit without that. I'm not recommending anyone bail on their PSL payments. Responsibility is responsibility. If you agreed to finance a PSL, then make the payments.