Bob Sanders visiting with Jets today

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayAaron, Mar 2, 2011.

1. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

oh jesus. Sanders is about as injury prone as Wily E Coyote.

2. franzman9

franzman9 Member

your not alone on that at all.....i agree, its frustrating watching him in coverage. He always seems to be out of position, but he is pretty good against the run and gets big hits every once in a while.

3. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Bullshit. His positional sense is excellent, not good , excellent. His bad points are his reaction skill sets, which to me explain, why sometimes he does make slightly late / early hits.
    Smith is becoming a really good safety.

The Safety who scares me is Pool. Yes he did get better towards the end of the season, but he didn't seem to pick up coverages at all well or respond quickly enough to defensive audibles.

4. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

Bring back Reggie Tongue

5. milo

milo Well-Known Member

Considering this year's draft class for safety is pretty unimpressive we should be exploring all options for an upgrade. I still think we should convert D-Lo full time, especially if we're going to try and keep Cro and Coleman.

6. franzman9

franzman9 Member

Yeah I think i was a bit harsh with the "always out of position" but to your point about his reaction skill set, I think that has to be a safties strong points.

Rex wants his safties to attack the ball, not the player. Since Smith doesnt have the reaction time to get to the ball, let alone the player, we need an upgrade.

I think Rex will be targeting a play making safety in this draft and IMHO, I would not be suprise in the least to see Rex lobbying for the Jets to take Rahim Moore with the 30th pick then trade back into the second round to get our pass rushing OLB or vice-versa.

7. Jetskees

Jetskees New Member

I'm be pumped if they could sign him to a contract that was mostly based on playing time. Maybe he's glass, or maybe he's just had bad luck with injuries. Either way, the last season he was healthy he was DPOY. He's a physical safety and he sees a lot of contact so it's very possible he was just very unlucky with his injuries.

I for one would be excited if they were able to sign him to a reasonable contract.

8. tooooon

tooooon Active Member

Sign this beast!

9. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

I would like to see Sanders in Green and White. He could be a real solid player if he stays healthy of course.

I don't really enjoy Smith of Poole back there, each one has a glaring weakness in their game.

10. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I think the keyword here is "reasonable". I think anything more than an incentive-laden contract for two years is unreasonable. If healthy, he's better than Smith and Pool combined. The guy was in for a visit, he wasn't here to put the pen to the paper.

11. ........

........ Trolls

That would be like saying "I could be really wealthy, if I won the lottery of course". You would like to see the Jets throw money at that kind of 1 in a million chance? He's not staying healthy. He's never stayed healthy for a full season, and not even half a season in 4 years. What a stupid thing to pay for.

12. JackBower

You could theoretically say that to every transaction, every player picked up and cut. Every pickup has a chance for success and failure, some more risky than others.

He has been consistently injured, but he wouldn't be the first oft injured vet a team brings in to add competition and depth to a position. Sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn't.

If they give him a large contract with a lot of years, yea that's dumb IMO. But a small 1 year contract would seem OK.

13. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Bob Sanders rarely gets a chance to show off his glaring weaknesses, because he can't stay on the field.

You know close to nothing about this team.

14. JackBower

Of course I don't compared to you, nobody knows anything about "this" team except you.

15. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

...when you jump off the bandwagon, be sure to get run over by the next one you try to ride.

*sweet edit, Kiefer.

Broadnay Poole sux!

16. JackBower

I don't know what you're talking about.

17. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

loud noises!!!

18. I concur. When healthy Sanders is a top 5 safety and is flat out dominant. We'd have some success w/ these type of guys including Brodney poole from last year. Assuming we still re-sign poole and Smith...adding Sanders gives us alot of toys to play w/ in the secondary. And if he goes down for 6-8 games...we will have guys in place to step in. So I guess the question is..if he comes cheap...would you rather have 8 games w/ Sanders in the line-up or not have him at all? When healthy he's one of the best in the game and would make our defense lethal.

19. MagillaGuerilla

MagillaGuerilla New Member

[​IMG]

20. ollie

ollie Right Wing NutJob

I heard he broke his wrist on the handshake...