17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Invoices are sent out, PSL holders on average have a 2% increase. UD seats have no increase.

Obviously a refund will be issued if there is no season, also this year you can pay 50% only on April 1.

2. Jerseyboyisback

Jerseyboyisback New Member

NEW YORK -- The New York Jets are raising ticket prices.

The team announced a 2.3 percent across-the-board ticket increase Tuesday, with most PSLs going up $5. Prices for the PSLs range from $2,500 to $25,000. Upper-level seat prices will remain unchanged.

Also, the payment schedule has been modified because of the NFL labor situation. Fifty percent payment is due April 1, with the rest when training camp dates are announced.

The team also said business-side employees are being asked to take a one-week per month unpaid furlough if the NFL and its players' union fail to reach a new labor agreement by the March 3 deadline.

The Jets have played in the past two AFC championship games, losing most recently to the Steelers 24-19 on Jan. 23.

Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press

How are they making PSL holders pay more on the contract that we signed?? Is that legal?? I can see them bumping ticket prices but not the PSL.

3. Digetydog

Digetydog Member

Overall, not that bad a situation. I am glad they are working on making the UD experience better.

4. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

5. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

he just now managed to take his lily white pencil necked bald ass up there now?

6. Clayture

Clayture Member

7. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I wonder if they are building more bathrooms or making the existing ones bigger? I care because the bathroom upstaris by sec 319 is 6 sections over. Also, why only the End Zone for protection. The whole Upper deck gets wet and windy. Glad they are doing something but not sure how much it helps me.

8. Digetydog

Digetydog Member

I predict they are installing a trough along the floor along one wall to increase capacity. Many high school football stadiums built in the 1950's had that feature.

9. GrindHouse

GrindHouse Member

I don't really think the 5 dollar increase is that bad! Wasn't last season's invoice due in May or have I just been drinking too much these last few days? The 3 payment options are more then fair imo, pay in full on April 1st, Pay half on April 1st and half when training camp starts of break it into 6 payments. If anything I am just socked that they would announce a 5 dollar increase with a pending lockout. Weird imo but then again this is Woody!!

10. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Parking Rule Changes/ Upper Deck Pricing

Yesterday's announcements from the Jets regarding the ticket price increases and the parking rules change, while not appearing to be much, speak volumes when read between the lines. This is HUGE. Here's why:

• As predicted by many, namely 227, PSL owners will be subjected to almost yearly increases since they are locked-in. Small amounts each year add up!
    • Jets are scared shitless of Upper Decker's bailing after one year. Why else would they be exempt from an increase?
    • The orange/yellow parking BS was ENTIRELY a scare tactict to solicit more PSL sales last Spring. It was temporary as predicted here. What the hell, I'll give myself the credit for that call ; ) I opined about it a lot. Lowering the orange lot parking price to $15 seems absurd. That's less than it cost with the old stadium in those areas. Making Yellow lots available to all at the same rate as last year also means they were under utilized. Also, reduction of orange lot price and option of yellow lots is another olive branch to Upper Deckers so they won't bail. They really are worried, and must be reading this thread!
    • Capital improvements planned for added shelter in the west upper deck endzone? The state of the art stadium was not state of the art after all. Well, well, what a surprise! I sit in that EZ and let me tell you what a shit-show it was during those storms. I felt like I was in the movie Poseidon Adventure ('72 version - sorry for the ancient reference kids) Another concession to keep uppers from leaving. Not sure what they can do to help add shelter, but they better do it to the other side too or the place will look stupid.
    • Conceding that more men's rooms are needed upstairs. 40% more! Wow, another admission of a poorly planned and designed stadium. How many new stadiums miss the mark by this much? It is incredible to me. EMBARRASSMENT I love the part about a concerned Woody going up there near the end of the season. Nice job boss - you didn't care at all until then, did you? Were you paying attention to the design of the upper deck AT ALL? Only the suites, I imagine. They were forced to concede this in order to limit the fans from vacating after one year. Again, they are reading this thread!!!
    • The escalators are so f*cked up, they can't even offer a solution or else they would have. This is bad bad news. Of all the problems, (mens rooms, shelter from rain in the concourse) the escalator planning for this stadium is the most serious flaw and by them not offering ideas to improve the situation to me means it is not possible to fix. Again, not only was that brought up here, some of us predicted it from our tour last winter.

In summary, we now know that the parking rules were only in place as a desperate act to convince people who bought uppers, to upgrade to PSL seats. The parking plan did not make sense otherwise. In fact, it was so bad that they are scared of losing a good number of the die-hard upper deck fans for 2011, and have made huge concessions in this area, albeit in a low-key manner. WE CAN BASICALLY PARK WHEREVER WE WANT TO NOW. Why else would they do this except to prevent an exodus?

I for one, and I know many others here will as well, feel even more justified with our decision not to fall for the tactics, and stayed away from the PSL costs which was a license for the Jets to do whatever they wanted to with ticket prices each year. Now, I want to repeat the fact that I have no problem at all with fellow die hard fans who have the extra cash to spend to want to have better seats to see the team they love. I envy you and miss my old seats in the lower bowl. I'd be one of you guys if I didn't carry six seats, and was unemployed when the stadium was built. BUT I am happy that I can reduce the number of seats in my account or just walk altogether once the product on the field doesn't match what I am asked to pay. Even though $5 per game is not a lot, the fact that it happened in year one has to scare people. I know I'd be gulping hard had I gone for PSL seating and got hit with an increase - any increase. Five bucks not much? Well, compare what your cash outlay was in the 2009 season to what it was in 2010 and you get the message that it will never end. Paying next November's PSL payment with no football to watch if there's a work stoppage will be a miserable experience for many.

Unfortunately, yesterday's announcements also proves what we've already known. Our ownership and management will get cute whenever and wherever necessary to try to trick and manipulate us in order to get more of our money. They market on the fly. There can be no other explanation of the parking rule changes made last year and for next year. It'll be the same thing with SB tickets when the time comes to allocate them. It is the reason why no plan was announced prior to the past 2 AFC Championships.

Let's thank ourselves for this thread, and this forum. You'd better believe it is being read by the team. It can't only be the replies from the customer surveys. The complaints that we've had are legitimate. Those who post on this thread calling us whiners and complainers can't say that now. It's legitimate. The Jets themselves are conceding that upstairs is not a great place to be, and needs improvement.

11. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

just got off the phone with the ticket office. thursday or friday we should see our invoices.

also first come first to pay gets yellow pass is another scare tactic to get uppers from bailing.do you think they will ever stop from giving out those yellow passes?? if on game day yellow lots fill, then you will are redirected to the garages.so they will try to get everyone to pay the $25 and to not let people think about bailing. Mind Tactics against the newbies...
    so please dont worry about a yellow sellout
    and hidden surprise ........Lot B is now yellow PSL not ornage anymore.
    http://prod.static.jets.clubs.nfl.com/assets/docs/2010-jets-parking-site-map.pdf

12. 17a_tailgater

called also about relocation. was told it has been documented from last year and should be "1 of the first" to be relocated in the uppers if something opens in a lower row.

man i am definitely holding my breathe

13. GrindHouse

GrindHouse Member

The 2011-2012 ticket pricing charts are now up on the Jets site. Normally in life people get screwed from the bottom up, the Jets seem to be doing this from the top down. WOW, I wonder if the Jets are the only team out there that are doing this. I mean come on, we don't even know if there is going to be Football next season. I am so glad that I didn't buy Club seats!

14. babyknight

babyknight Well-Known Member

Actually my club seats didn't go up at all (which was surprising). I'm sure I'm about to get told by everyone on here to be prepared to take it in the ass form the Jets in future years but hey, people said that about a price increase for 2011 too so I'll take this small consolation of no price increase for 2011, haha.

15. Digetydog

Digetydog Member

If anyone wants aisle seats in 341, there are 2 available directly from the Jets. They are in an upper row, but there is no PSL. Even though the invoice is not due for some time, I told the Jets to let them go.

As for my PSL seats in LLEZ, I can live with the price increase. It is about what I expected.

16. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

If you are interested in his seats in 341 maybe you have friends that are interested in 342----> thats where my four will be available very soon as I am giving them up and not looking back--> a no brainer for me! I tried the new place and it was/ is a letdown. Everything is well documented on this thread---my Dr says I need to say this once a day so hear goes "I am sooooooooooooo glad I did not purchase a PSL" and I am so glad that I am now able to walk away from my upper seats!
    To those of you that will keep your tickets or bought PSL's , enjoy going to games and have fun , I know how much fun the whole experience can be and is and wish you nothing but good times ! As for me and my family-----ONE AND DONE it's over!

17. GrindHouse

GrindHouse Member

Let me guess you have 700 dollar a seat Coaches Club seats? Every other Club section went up.

18. babyknight

babyknight Well-Known Member

No, I'm in 215.

19. 17a_tailgater

what row???

20. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

With all the uppers bailing, the NMS wont have to add any bathrooms. No one but me and 17a will be using them.

I am happy for the small concessions the Jets made for the uppers. Now if we can move our seats closer to our friends, we will be more than satisfied.