Brady vs. Manning

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by peytonmanning18, Jan 6, 2011.

1. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

You need to read more of juncs posts to see why I said that. He says Manning has superior talent around him while Brady plays w/ scrubs. Yet, the Patriots have invested top draft picks for Brady on offense and none of them turn into the superstars that Manning plays with. I wonder why

2. Murrell2878

I have provided evidence that there weren't rumblings and all you have provided is your memory and a prediction article. I have actually proved my point and you have not. There weren't rumblings about BB losing his job, internally or externally. I'm not looking for a press conference. You said there were columnists saying he was on the way out and that they have inside information. Well, provide me with a column that says that.

None of those QBs had BB as their HC. And none of those QBs had AV to bail them out.

Weis in his first year as OC w/ KC turned that offense around. We'll see how they do this year w/o him. Brady still has zero championship w/o Weis and AV. Brady's has played playoff games as bad as Manning's since Weis left.

You can't provide me w/ proof that there were rumblings that he would lose his job because there weren't any. Internally or externally.

:rolleyes: of course that quote was taken out of context. It disproves your theory that there were rumblings.

The decision to sign Bledsoe had nothing to do with BB. Kraft wasn't souring on BB and BB did not need to approve the deal. Kraft made the move to sign Bledsoe. You are trying to invent a debate about it that doesn't exist.

3. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

B/c Bill Polian is a better evaluator of talent than BB. Polian built 2 SB teams and a 3rd title game team, BB built teams that won one playoff game before he got Brady and magically started winning.

You haven't provided anything to say there weren't any rumblings at the time.

I trust my memory over yours along w/ the memory of the Pats fan living in the area at the time.

Oh it's about BB as a HC and AV. BB had Drew Bledsoe in that system in 2000 and the beginning of 2001 w/ AV- how did that work out? 5-13 in 18 games, that's success!

KC has been building for a few years, they play in a weak division and beat one playoff bound team(7-9 seattle). In the playofs that QB and offense out up SEVEN points! at home!

There were rumblings, I don't make things up.

It doesn't disprove anything, does the quote below prove my point?

http://pqasb.pqarchiver.com/bostonh...otball;+Blaming+Belichick+right+on+the+button

http://pqasb.pqarchiver.com/bostonh...-+Preseason+gives+hopes+for+modest+2001+gains

http://pqasb.pqarchiver.com/bostonh...+Pats:+Awful;+Team+needs+to+fix+many+problems

Again, if Kraft really loved Bb wouldn't he have allowed him some imput on the signing? Kraft is a great owner, he wouldn't force Bledsoe on his coach and hurt their cap for a coach he just gave a #1 pick to get if that coach wa not on board.

4. Murrell2878

:lol: Of course it's Polian and NOT Manning. And of course BB is to blame that the top draft picks they spent haven't turned out to be as good as the late round players that Manning is given.

There weren't rumblings that BB was going to lose his job or was on the hot seat. I live in this area as well. There weren't any rumblings. Please provide me w/ something. The links you posted does not say or suggest that BB was on the way out.

KC had been building for a long time.
    2007 4-12
    2008 2-14
    2009 4-12
    Weis arrives
    2010 10-6

Total points
    2007 - 226
    2008 - 291
    2009 - 294
    Weis arrives
    2010 - 366

The signing of Bledsoe DIDN'T hurt the cap. It actually HELPED the cap. Bledsoe was a MEGA star in the Boston area. Kraft made the deal and didn't do it in any way to hurt Belichick. You are losing this battle. You should really just quit.

5. nyjunc

Polian sucks, he never did anything w/o Manning unlike BB who has done so much w/o Brady.

Building doesn't always reflect in the record.

Charles, Bowe, Cassel, Mcluster, Moeaki, Albert, Dorsey, hali, Berry, Flowers, etc... are all young players they have brought in win the past 3-4 years.

So giving a QB he had no intention of keeping long term a $100 mil deal w/ a huge signing bonus didn't hurt their cap?

Bledsoe was so popular the fans cheered when he got hurt after the Mo lewis hit. I remmeber being in Foxboro when we crushed them in 2000 and they booed him all game long.

Much like all of our arguments one of us is losing but it's not me. There's no way if Kraft really loved BB he would give Bledsoe that deal w/o BB approving. if BB really didn't want Bledsoe he would have amde it known and that deal doesn't get made. he thought Bledsoe was going to be his QB for years to come at that point, he thought he could win w/ Drew in that "system". he was wrong and if not for the luck of drafting Brady he'd be a DC somewhere today.

6. Murrell2878

Pioli and BB brought in good players that didn't get to Superstar status like the ones Manning played with. Why not?

Pioli brought in a lot of those players you listed from the Chiefs.

No, Bledsoe's deal did not hurt the cap. In fact it helped the cap.

Please stop making stuff up. I was at the game and the fans WERE NOT cheering Bledsoe's injury.

Since I live in the world of fact you are losing this and most of our arguments. Kraft made that deal w/ Bledsoe. It was in the works for a long time, but didn't get done until Kraft got heavily involved. This is not debatable.

7. Scoffaveli3

Scoffaveli3 Banned

Murrell you are using Matt Cassel's regular season performance with Weis to suggest that he is what made him a good QB, even though he didn't do anything in the playoffs.

Using the same logic you said that Brady has not been a better QB since Weis left because he hasn't had the playoff success, even though his regular season numbers are astronomically better.

Explain to me the double standard.

8. nyjunc

Again, you use the TEs as an example but they drafted TWO TEs w/ 1st rd picks and they split up #s vs. Manning using one TE to give allthe production to.

Pioli brought in 4 of those players I mentioned.

If it helped the cap why didn't they keep him as a backup after the '01 season? I may have given them temporaty help but signing a guy who isn't a good QB for 10 years w/ a larger signing bonus isn't good for any cap long term.

They cheered when Brady came in, they were booing Bledsoe most of that game. I didn't say they cheered his injury just the fact that he was going out of the game much like our fans w/ Chad in 2007.

I live in the world of common sense, you can hide behind whatever you want to hide behind but we both know the truth.

9. nyjunc

postseason #s only coutn if Brady struggles, if Manning struggles or in this case Cassel he will use reg season #s:beer:

10. Murrell2878

They drafted TWO WRs in the 2nd round, TWO TE's in the first round a RB in the first round. Why didn't those players turn into the superstars that played w/ Manning who were drafted in the 4th and 6th rounds?

His cap number was about $8 per season. They received initial savings. The reason they traded him was because he was detrimental to the team if he stayed and they got a 1st round pick for him.

From Patriot Reign:

"It was clear to me he didn't want to be on this football team," Belichick says. "Ahd in the end I had to decide whether to resolve the situation before training camp. It was clear to me at that point that there would be some kind of confrontation one way or the other. He was starting to take a stand."

Also from Patriot Reign:

During a staff meeting one of thecoaches said of Bledsoe, "His shitty attitude means we have to do one of two things: trade him to the highest bidder (in the offseason) or tell him he's the starter and Brady will compete with him."

I guess I misinterprupted what you said again :rolleyes:

You don't know the truth when you are reciting misinformation. I have provided you with the truth.

11. Murrell2878

I think Cassel is a below average QB. His only success has come from the Patriots system. That's my point.

12. Murrell2878

Brady has had Manning type post seasons games ever since Weis left.

13. nyjunc

what players turned into superstars that were drafted in the 4th and 6th rounds in Indy?

I know why they traded him but if someone is that valuable you let them rot. It was also for cap reasons why they let him go.

You haven't provided any truth. They cheered when Bledsoe went out of the game and Brady came in. The fans were fustrated w/ his play and the teams play. I have the tape of the game, I was there a year earlier when he was booed all day long.

What type of postseason/BCS games did Weis' QBs have besides Brady?

14. Scoffaveli3

Scoffaveli3 Banned

But using your logic he hasn't had success. In the regular season(which doesn't matter for Brady according to you) he has done well.

In the postseason Cassel played bad under Weis

15. nyjunc

Manning & Cassel in postseason: 9-11
    Brady w/o Weis in potseason: 5-5

He's had a tougher time in postseason(only one of those postseasons did he have Manning-like weapons to throw to) yet he still wins at a higher rate.

16. GoPats

GoPats Well-Known Member

OK, sure. Obviously you're some kind of omnipotent, god-like being who apparently has a perfect recollection of what happened in a sports media market that's 300 miles away from where you live, and 10 years ago to boot. Who am I to argue with that?

Are you reading posts or skimming them?

That's exactly what I've already said. There was nothing "official" from the team. And even if the Krafts were considering it, do you honestly think anything would have come out in the media? The running joke around here is that if Abe Lincoln was a Patriot, the day after the assassination Belichick would have listed him as "questionable - head." They're not exactly forthcoming on matters that they consider to be internal.

Last but not least... it's been said already... you can't access articles or columns from that far back without paying for them. If this was something that would take 30 seconds and was free, I would gladly oblige. I specifically remember one column from renowned Patriot-basher Ron Borges saying that they should have hired some other guy instead of Belichick. (Fox maybe? I can't recall.)

If you know your football history, and obviously - no offense - you do not, you would be aware that as of the beginning of the 2001 season, Belichick had accomplished very little as a head coach. He was regarded as a top-notch defensive coordinator who lacked the flair and "people skills" to succeed as a top man. And he was still tied to Parcells at that point since he had gone out on his own in Cleveland and basically failed, albeit due to circumstances that were mostly beyond his control.

The team was a very disappointing 5-11 in 2000, and started off with a loss to the Bengals before the Mo Lewis / Drew Bledsoe game. That's a 5-13 record for a team than had finished .500 or better for the previous four seasons. If you know anything about Boston sports, you would understand that we're a very impatient bunch.

Again, I have no vested interest in the outcome here. I can understand why you don't want me to be right about this, because it deep-sixes a lot of the stuff you're saying, but I have absolutely zero motivation to get into a pissing contest over something that really can be "proven" either way.

17. Murrell2878

According to you Garcon, Tamme and Collie are all top tier talent that makes Manning better.

It was NOT for cap reasons they let Bledsoe go.

The fans WERE frustrated with his play. YOU said they cheered when he was injured which was not true.

18. GoPats

GoPats Well-Known Member

Really?

So... 2007? Throwing for 50 TDs and almost 5,000 yards?

Or 2010?

Those weren't the best two years of his career?

We are talking about football, right? Have you watched it? LOL... J/K man, but c'mon. You've got to be kidding me.

This sort of thing destroys your credibility/knowledge.

19. Murrell2878

Here are the excuses. Brady didn't have Manning typ weapons to throw to.

Brady was lucky to win 2 games vs. the Chargers where he played terribly and beat an average Jets team and average Jaguars teams since Weis left.

20. GoPats

GoPats Well-Known Member

This. Accurate.