Brainlessly bash former Jet employee, Brian Schottenheimer

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by ThunderbirdJet, Sep 14, 2010.

1. I think that may be seriously underestimating the complexities of playcalling at that level. This is further evidence of the armchair theory.

2. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

You may say I am guilty of that in fact.

But answer me this:

None of the armchair playcallers on this board would go hellbent on attacking the strength of defense, a la Schottenheimer. Nor would he (or she - I doubt the possibility but I'll leave the chance open) stick to the dumb shit play (i.e. Cotchery reverse) that has contributed negatively countless times but hasn't yielded a single fucking positive yard. Route - Ok. That's where the complexity is involved so I'll lay Schotty off a little there. Lastly, but not the least, NONE OF US ARMCHAIR PLAYCALLERS WILL RELAY THE PLAY WITH FUCKING 15 SECONDS ON THE CLOCK.

These are what Schotty does (did, has done, and will CONTINUE to do) for living. Is it wrong to get fed up and sick of this bullshit? I don't think so.

3. RapZiLLa54

RapZiLLa54 New Member

Yes I'm quoting myself. Watching the game last night depressed me because we have the personel to run the exact gameplan that GB did last night but we never considered it.

4. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

It's a passing league now and I'm hoping going forward Ryan is willing to scrap the whole ground and pound thing. Yes, having a good running game is important but we've won several games this year on the strength of our passing game. Both teams yesterday used the running game to complement their passing game.

5. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

If this team learns to play with a fucking lead, they can ground and pound all they want.

But the more Sanchez progresses the more we'll see him throw. I still think he threw too much this season (Minnesota game is a great example).

But in 2011, this team may not have a top 5 rushing attack because they'll want to throw it more. But that doesn't mean they won't be as talented as a top 5 rushing attack.

I still want balance. More than anything I want the defense to return to 09 form. If it does, and the offense learns how to score in the 1st half, this team will win a ring next year.

6. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Keep in mind that on the road in much worse conditions on a sloppier field our offense scored 17 pts(the failure to get the Td led to the safety so they were really responsible for 19 pts) while the GB high powered O in a dome w/ perfect conditions put up 24 pts.

The difference btw last night and the AFC Championship game was GB's D scored a TD and forced 3 TOs that led to 21 of GB's 31 pts.

7. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

I honestly don't know if the Jets could beat the Packers because Rodgers is on fucking fire.

The Jets don't get to the QB well, Rodgers can extend a play just as well as Big Ben. Their WR can spread the Jets thin.

It would be a closer game throughout, but that Packers team was just a team of destiny.

8. RapZiLLa54

RapZiLLa54 New Member

So you're saying that Rodgers throwing for 300 yards and 3 touchdowns has nothing to do with this?? We also had 2 turnovers and did nothing with them.

Also note if the WRs don't drop 6-8 catchable ball Rodgers goes onto around 400+ yards and the game would of been a blow out.

9. nyjunc

-GB scored on an INT return
    -GB scored a 2nd TD when they started at midfield after another INT
    -GB scored their final TD when they started at midfield after the fumble.

21 of thier pts either scored by the D or started at midfield.

Our 2 TOs, one we got on our 35 and the other on our 14.

Do you see the difference?

Rodgers played great but let's not blame all the incompletions on dropped balls, he was off target on plenty of throws and puit his receivers in some bad spots. Those passes were dropped.

10. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

Idk what he is saying but I will say that as usual running the same gameplan as the Packers works all the way down the line until you get to QB. Sanchez was not ready to carry the team this year the way Rodgers did. Give him some more time to develop before you expect him to be capable of running an offense at the same level as a top 3 QB.

11. RapZiLLa54

RapZiLLa54 New Member

Look I'm talking gameplan here. Their gameplan was to spread them out, get their nickel and dime guys in and their great LB core off the field. We didn't do this and if you're telling me Sanchez can't handle a four wide reciever set then idk.... Rodgers passed 39 times. A number Sanchez has hit several times this season.

If we tried to attack the Steelers defense and we couldn't execute fine but thats not the case here.

Junc since when is starting at your own 35 bad field position?? I'll give you the 14 but not the 35 and also technically another turnover was the safety which we turned into 9 points.

Again I'm talking gameplan here not shitty tackling, not coming out flat just the obvious glaring weakness of the steelers d getting attacked for entire 60 minutes. They only ran the ball 13 times, the steelers knew what they were going to do and still couldn't stop it because they don't have the personel to stop it.

12. ukilledkenny

I'm saying he wasn't capable of running the offense the Packers ran. When you go 4-5 wide the other team knows your passing. A top QB can read the defense quickly and get the ball where it needs to be. Sanchez just isn't there yet. Rodgers has been developing into the QB he is today for 6 NFL seasons. Sanchez just finished his second season, it is unreasonable to expect him to run an offense as well as Rodgers did this year right now.

13. nyjunc

The 35 isn't bad FP but it;'s not midfield either where a 1st down or 2 and you are already in FG range.

GB ran it 13 times A)b/c they don't have a running game and B)they have one of the best QBs in the league who is a veteran QB. We did have a ground game and we didn't have a top 3 QB.

14. RapZiLLa54

RapZiLLa54 New Member

This make NO sense to me. It is much easier to read a defense when you spread it out because you can usually tell what they want to do by what package is out there. They leave the LBs in its mismatch galore, if they put out their corners you can usually tell if its man or zone depending on where they line up.

When things are more congested (ipro) its much easier to disguise your looks because you have so many to choose from. When you are spread out there isn't too many disguises you can throw out their and theres a higher percentage you could tip your hand.

If anything it should make the game easier for Sanchez as opposed to making it more difficult by giving him more weapons and area to operate. If we tried it and he threw four picks or overthrew everyone then atleast we tried and Sanchez isn't "there" yet.

Sanchez has proved he can handle the big moments and the big games, to try to protect your QB in the biggest game of the year by running up the gut for nothing then I guess we won't be winning one for another 4 years.

15. ukilledkenny

I think I will go with all the people in the NFL who seem to think the threat of a running game makes it easier to pass the ball, especially for young QB's.

I don't see how it doesn't make sense to you, teams are capable of disguising their coverages and that is a lot easier against a QB who hasn't been around long enough to be able to recognize it yet.

As far as your complaints about running up the gut against the Steelers, that is changing the subject back towards Schotty bashing so I will leave that up to you to do. I am not really interested in discussing his playcalling anymore until next season begins.

16. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

I agree with this. Rodgers is head and shoulders above Sanchez right now and it isn't close. Some of the throws Rodgers made last night were just sick from both a decision-making (no TOs) and an accuracy standpoint. Sanchez, while greatly improved, is still hesitant and inaccurate on a lot of his opportunities and he would be the first to agree with that.

Hopefully Sanchez will elevate to Rodgers level in the next few years, but declaring pass to the Steelers through a 4-5 wide set would've been really risky and potentially dangerous towards his health.

17. jets fool

jets fool New Member

There is no way in hell we could have have went into the AFC championship with the same gameplan as the packers had last night. We simply don't have the personnel. We don't have a top five QB with pinpoint accuracy or the depth at WR.. rex's ground and pound style has gotten us this far in his first two years and while you have to adjust week to week you can't just run a whole new offense because the steelers have a tough front 7

18. RapZiLLa54

RapZiLLa54 New Member

I guess we better hope we dont face any teams next year in the playoffs that can stop the run then.

Rodgers is better than Sanchez yes this isnt what I'm debating here.

19. jets fool

jets fool New Member

I guess if we play a tough run defense we give up and abandon our whole philosophy and have sanchez run a spread offense that he's never ran before, yeah that's the answer

20. RapZiLLa54

RapZiLLa54 New Member

So you're telling me that Santonio Holmes-Braylon Edwards-Cotchery-Keller isn't as good as Jennings-Driver (who barely played)- Nelson- Jones????

Seriously???