Soon to be Champs !

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by dcm1602, Feb 6, 2011.

1. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

Now that the seasons over, time to pick up where we left off.

This teams taken huge strides the last 2 seasons and tonight made it even more clear that the Jets are the class of the AFC.

Steelers got lucky they weren't completlely blown out tonight, and I'm convinced more than ever Jets are hands down the best team in the AFC without a doubt.

Kickoff can't come soon enough

2. 624

624 Banned

How were they lucky to not get blown out? Ignorant post.

3. There is no class of either league. The league was one Jets drive away from having both sixth seeds meeting in the SB.

It's pretty clear that even among the top teams, parity means the playoffs are virtually a roll of the dice. Get a run going, or have a couple really good days, and you win a title.

4. SienaSaints

SienaSaints Well-Known Member

They were lucky to not get blown out because the Packers dominated the game and so did Aaron Rodgers. Roethelisberger is not very good in my opinion he is carried by his defense and he gets lucky plenty of times.

He has thrown 4 picks in the past two games and did not really do much in either game to put his team in the position to win.

5. Johnny English

Johnny English Well-Known Member

Seriously?

6. SteelCurtain96

SteelCurtain96 Active Member

It wasn't Roethlisberger's shining moment, but give the Pack defense some credit for making the plays when they had to.

The Packers are lucky the Steelers didn't come all the way back on the last drive to win it.

7. tubby

tubby Active Member

zomg the steelers were lucky the jets didn't stop them on 3rd and 6!!!1!!

8. Dexter Morgan

Dexter Morgan New Member

Next years Jet team won't look like this past season's Jet team. It will be pretty impressive if they can get back to the AFCCG 3 years running. As a realist, I just don't see that happening.

9. joeklecko

joeklecko New Member

I don't understand how anyone can claim the Steelers were lucky. They could have quit after going down 21-3, but didn't. They kept working hard, fighting and clawing their way back. They overcame 3 TOs and still almost won.

GB was unlucky to suffer addtional crucial injuries tonight, yet they hung tough and won. Kudos to HC McCarthy and to the Pack for not using excuses or quitting. They could have folded after Woodson and Driver went down and didn't. They could have folded after Jordy Nelson kept dropping passes and didn't.

There were stupid mistakes on both sides, but I think both teams deserve kudos for overcoming those mistakes as well as they could.

What shocked me is that with a patchwork OL, that was supposedly a weak link to begin with, Roethlisberger was only sacked one time and frequently had all night to find an open receiver. (I was hoping someone would knock him out of the game. I despise that mofo.) Their OL coach and those players deserve a world of credit for protecting Roethlisberger. GB can have a fearsome pass rush and the held them at bay, keeping the game close.

10. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

Steelers couldn't even play offense until Woodson was knocked out of the game. Then they had Collins,Shields, Driver get banged up to aid their cause. Phantom facemask on a punt leading to a td, and dropped perfect passes by the Pack including a 75yard td dropped to which the Steelers scored due to the resulting field position from.

Hell on the Steelers first td the Pack had its 4th and 5th string corners on the field

This game easily could of been a 3 or 4 score game, with Woodson and the drops being the most significant

11. AJayJay

AJayJay New Member

We're 18/1 odds to win the SB next season.

12. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

This time we play 2 halves of the championship game, YEAH BABY!

13. SienaSaints

Your right last yearit was 1st half this year it was the 2nd half next year in the Meadowlands it will be a complete win.

14. I've heard this before...

15. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

The Buffalo Bills went to 4 consecutive superbowls, of course they lost them all but thats because they are the bills. Define "realist."

16. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

We already made it twice, so the past is irrelevant. Just gotta make it this year,and the odds of that are the same as any other year. Hell our competition to get there is even worse than the last 2 years so our odds should be better

17. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

before the Pack lost their two starting DB's and WR they were up 21-3. I think it is pretty obvious the Steelers were able to get the game close because of those injuries, which had nothing to do with the Steelers own skill ability. ignorant post.

#17 JetBlue, Feb 6, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2011
  18. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

no, that's not luck, that's the Pack D making the stop.

19. SienaSaints

The Steelers sucked ass until Woodson and Starks came out of the game.

20. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Madness. People here will call you an SOJ fan for voicing that opinion!!!