Anyone else still sick?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by WhiteShoeWillis, Jan 25, 2011.

1. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

Funny you mention that. Last night I had a dream the Jets won the Superbowl. Like most dreams it made absolutely no sense.

Somehow we played the Patriots in the superbowl even though we lost to the Steelers in the previous game due to some random tie-breaker (beats me) we had over Pittsburgh.

We ended up winning on an awful call from schotty (i am not a schotty hater) when we were driving down by a few points with less than a minute left. Sanchez (the only offensive player actually on offense) threw a basketball type jumpshot to a random Jets linebacker who proceeded to drop the ball, it was nearly recovered in the endzone by Mike Devito and Pouha, but in the end Cromartie falls on it in the endzone and we win. Completely lucky and a ridiculous call but Schottenheimer and Rex stormed the field.

The rest of the dream consisted of absolutely euphoric partying in NYC while avoiding government soldiers with heavy weaponry (I have a feeling something to do with the whole Egypt thing) If you actually read this whole thing the only consolation I can offer you is that I am not fabricating this dream at all. Sorry to waste your time. It was an amazing dream though, I woke up and started watching Jets highlights and for a while I completely forgot how our season ended.

Had to get that off my chest.

2. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

The only dreams I can remember having about sports teams were about the St. Louis football Cardinals and Arizona Cardinals. Go figure. Well, I guess one of those did also involve the Jets. One of the dreams occurred in 2002. In it the Jets had coaxed former Cardinals RB Stump Mitchell out of retirement to back up Curtis Martin. Mitchell was 43 years old at the time.

3. rohirrim665

Yep, Im fine for most of the time nowadays, but every once in awhile there is a moment of complete frustration and I have to slam my fist against something. Just thinking, how why how why?????? Mostly, how did we come out so flat. It truly baffles me.

4. jetsons

jetsons Well-Known Member

yup...no SB or me this year.

5. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Ive accepted that I will be sick till the day I die unless we win a Super Bowl by then.

6. InRevisWeTrust

InRevisWeTrust New Member

Checking in again. Yeah, still majorly ticked off. Haven't turned on ESPN since...

7. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I still feel bad for Rex...that 1st half against the Steelers was a fucking embarrassment.

I just hope he's got the cajones to make the changes needed to improve the team.

8. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I only allow myself 1 week of mourning when we get knocked out in the postseason. I've moved on.

9. Talisman

Talisman Active Member

The end of the Jets season always pisses me off until the Superbowl is over. I just can't be happy while another NFL team is still playing meaningful football. After Sunday, I suspect it will all be rear-view mirror again, looking forward to the draft.

10. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

I'll say one thing.....

I've avoided most sports talk since the loss...

But, last night I had on NFL Network Sounds of the game where they showed clips with sound of the entire NFL season.....

That helps a little to see all those teams laying it on the line every week that we finished ahead of.....

I was about to turn the station but, It did help.....

I watched something FOOTBALL related so, I'll consider that step 1 in my recovery.

11. Jetfan76

Jetfan76 Well-Known Member

Lookin at the fact that I dont have to buy the Daily News and NY Post each day anymore along with all the money I have saved on Superbowl merchandise makes it feel a little better but oh well its over now.Time to move on and enjoy the SB 45 just for the fact that it is the big game and is always fun to watch and have a party for.I suppose!

12. thesanchise1

thesanchise1 New Member

awful first half. can't get it out of my mind either.

13. bloke911

bloke911 Active Member

Proud of our team. Ran into Keller the other day and told him how they brought meaning to being a JET fan and they should be proud of their team, franchise and city.

But I'm still sick every time I think of football. I haven't watched ESPN, NFL network since and this is my first time on the board since the loss. I work all the time and the rest of the time is spent with the family. The only time for me is from 1-4 on Sunday or 4-7. Nothing for me until next season.

I'm truly heart broken.

14. rohirrim665

Nice post. Agree on all aspects, especially the top part. It is still devastating though and Ill be sick until we get to a superbowl. I wonder how Rex feels.....actually, let me rephrase, I can't imagine how Rex feels. Im sure hes already chomping at the bit.

15. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

Still have not worn or sported a Jets related item since the loss.

16. Fightin'JetTitan

Fightin'JetTitan Active Member

"Still or ever feelin' sick!!??"

NOPE! Never was!

"What are you feelin'!!??"

NUTTIN' BUT PRIDE for MY JETS!!!I FEEL GREAT! I AM HAPPY!!!

Why!!??

'Cause I've been a devout, crack-hard-headed, JETFAN-IAC since '69 & SEEN IT ALL!
    I've been abused, misused, ridiculed, fooled, bamboozed, stooged, ghouled, screwed & booed by JET-HATERZ I know for decades due to Jets lack of seasonal success(es).

"So again, WHY!!??"

'Cause I finally gots me a ma'f#ckin JET team that's got a GREAT FUTURE!!!

I FEEL GREAT!!!!

I SMELL a SUPER BOWL A COMIN' VERY SHORTLY!!!

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

17. Jetfan76

Jetfan76 Well-Known Member

Why,you ashamed?

18. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Agreed. I'll relax and enjoy the SB, because I'm a HUGE football fan. Still, it will hurt knowing we got so close again and there is no guarantee we get there again anytime soon.

19. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

You must have a hell of a nose...

It's at least a year away.

20. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

The Jets are reminding me of the Red Sox. Even in their greatest moments ever...

[​IMG]

They still cant win it all. Thankfully we won't have to wait 86 years, hopefully.