Of All The Free Agents The Jets Have, Who Do You Want Them To Keep?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JohnnyThaJet, Jan 26, 2011.

?

Who do you want ?

1. Braylon Edwards

76.9%
  2. Santonio Holmes

73.3%
  3. Brad Smith

47.6%
  4. Wayne Hunter

41.0%
  5. Nick Folk

7.7%
  6. Shaun Ellis

35.9%
  7. Trevor Pryce

7.0%
  8. David Harris

82.8%
  9. Brodney Pool

24.9%
  10. Antonio Cromartie

46.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. jetsmetsfan

jetsmetsfan New Member

Me too, Braylon's hands were really good this year. but Santonio is so clutch I would love to have both these guys

2. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

Braylon, Santonio, Ellis, Harris, and Smith

3. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

Holmes and Edwards are really the only guys on that list that stand out as game-changers, though a discounted Cro would also help tremendously.

4. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Those who are prepared to see Cro go, what do they propose the Jets do to replace him? Put Wilson in there and cross your fingers?

5. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

If they can upgrade the pass rush then sure. In 2009 Lito fucking Sheppard started opposite Revis and the Jets had the #1 pass defense in the league.

6. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

the 1st four and harris - obviously will take a lot of coin but the jets NEED to keep the WR core intact at this time.....i would seriously think of franchising harris if possible.

IMO - the D needs the attn this offseason and keeping the O as is will be very important going into 11 and 12.

u drafted k. wilson for a reason now get him in there and upgrade the OLB position for a dang pass rush. we need speed and more speed on D.

7. JohnnyThaJet

JohnnyThaJet Active Member

We just need a better pass rushing Lb and to not lose Sanchez's level of comfortably by getting rid of a WR that is important to him.

8. joeklecko

joeklecko New Member

At some point, the Jets are going to have to do exactly that. They can't keep bringing in FAs every year. Sooner or later, the Jets have to give Wilson his chance. The only way he will learn and the Jets see if he'll ever be able to do the job is to let him play.

We're in the same situation with Shonn Greene. Last year Greene came on really strong at the end of the season, and he was supposedly going to be "the guy" this season. There were question marks regarding his durability and fumbling however. Then they bring in LT and give him the majority of the snaps. Now, they still don't know if Greene can be "the guy" next season. If LT is back, will he still get the majority of the snaps? I'd be willing to bet he will. Schottenheimer seems that dumb to me. Then going into the 2012 season, the Jets still won't know if Greene can be "the guy." They'll probably sign another FA then.

If this team is going to remain truly competitive and have a real shot at winning it all (due to the lack of a real pass rush, I never thought they'd make it as far as they did this year), they have to start building through the draft and letting those players play. They can learn only so much in practice and on the sidelines. Tanny also has to stop trading up. He has to start accumulating extra picks, not always giving ours away. By doing so, he has accumulated some very good young players, but weakened the depth and other positions because of the lack of draft picks.

To be clear, I don't dislike Cromartie. I wanted the Jets to draft him when he came out of college. He was awesome his rookie season, but he has regressed since then. He's too soft, and too limited. He doesn't really fit Rex's system. He can't play zone. He's a bit of a loose cannon.

The big thing that Cro was supposed to bring was interceptions. How many did he get this year? The Jets may need to sign him to a 1-year or 2-year deal if they don't have much or any faith in Wilson. Then they can draft another CB next year. If they don't have much faith in Wilson, then this looks to be a really, really bad draft. 1st round CBs should be able to start their rookie season or at least by the end of their rookie season. Wilson couldn't even sniff the field. Neither could Ducasse, and supposedly, until Wilson fell into their laps, they were gonna draft Ducasse in round 1. By the end of the season even Conner wasn't seeing any action except perhaps on STs. If they sign Cro, I hope it's to an incentive-laden deal with a low base.

The thing is, if Wilson can start without much of a drop off, the Jets could use the money they would have given to Cro to sign Harris, Edwards AND Holmes, instead of maybe only two of the three. Better yet, they may be able to bring in a Kamerion Wimbley to shore up the pass rush, or improve the OL and/or TE depth, or sign a S. I'm hoping that Wilson can do the job, or maybe they sign a cheaper FA CB for insurance, and use Cro's money to improve the pass rush.

9. Rawrk

Rawrk New Member

i voted for braylon, santonio, harris and cromartie.

i highly doubt cromartie is coming back because he needs as big a payday as he can get. he has too many legal issues to take his chances on a backloaded or incentive laden contract. he needs cash. i just don't see the jets being the highest bidder for cro.

i'm all aboard the braylon/santonio bandwagon. do whatever you can to bring them both back. mark sanchez is the most important jet. i know the team is supposed to be built upon ground and pound and the defense. but you don't trade up to the 5 spot to grab a guy who looks awesome handing the ball off.

i would love for the offense to start revolving around sanchez. we've all seen that he has what it takes to win playoff games. and when he's on his game, the offense clicking, it looks so impressive. once he figures out how to consistently play at a high level, it's going to be fun to watch. i think the goal should be to keep the weapons around him especially with both wrs in their prime and nacho entering his 3rd year.

i have faith in rex that the defense will still perform at a high level even with the loss of harris. i have much less faith that the schotty led offense will improve with the loss of an elite wr and with an LT that will catch no one by surprise at the beginning of next year.

an offense can make up for a defense having an offday. but it's much much harder for the defense to pick up the offense's slack especially when our offense scores less than 10 points.

#69 Rawrk, Feb 1, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2011