Ochocinco and Owens BOTH want to play for the Jets...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jetsclaps, Jan 24, 2011.

1. Jollygreenjet

Jollygreenjet Moderator

Rex allows his players to speak out. Knowing that, can you imagine just how much shit TO would spout out of his pie hole if given free reign? There is a distinct difference between a guy who opens his mouth and voices his opinions and statements on behalf of his team, and then there is TO. I tend to think TO would go completely overboard in a manner in which has yet to be seen, especially in the media capital of the world. No thanks! Keep that cancer away from this organization! Hes no good for Mark or the organization!

2. Talisman

Talisman Active Member

As other have said, I'd prefer to keep Braylon and Holmes. If we had to let one of those two go, I don't think we'd get 85 any cheaper than what either of those two wanted to get paid. TO might come cheaper, but I'd rather eat a pile of shit than have him on this team.

3. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

Would love T.O he only bitches when his team is losing

4. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

He ripped Donovan the year they went to the SB. Cowboys were winning when he dissed Romo also. He throws his qb under the bus no matter what.

5. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

I had the misfortune of having Ocho o my fantasy team last year. That guy dropped every other pass thrown to him. Fuck him. He has no desire to play anymore

6. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

true but the past 2 season he been good and both teams he played for sucked.

7. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Child please....

8. mute

mute Well-Known Member

but T.O delivers and has shown in the past he will give it his all on the field. IF he goes after Sanchez you know REX will put him in check and wont leave encrypted messages about it to the media. Also, he'll most likely be really cheap to get so bring him if Edwards or Holmes get dropped. Ocho, he talks a lot and rarely delivers. He seems like a cool guy but no, I wouldnt want him. He talks on and off the field and would want to come to the N.Y/N.J area to push his brand like I said before.

9. Josh86m

Josh86m Member

i'm happy with what we got.

10. Spikester

Spikester New Member

Hmm, I wouldn't mind having Ocho if we lose Braylon or Holmes. He's been a huge Jets supporter for the past few years. The only way I would take him would be if he changes his name back to Johnson.

11. Mason

Mason New Member

1. They lost the Super Bowl - due in large part to Donovan literally choking on his own puke.

2. If I remember correctly, when he (apparently)said what he said about Romo and Witten, the Cowboys were definitely losing.

I don't recall him saying anything bad about Palmer or the two losers he had throwing him the ball in Buffalo.

12. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

We'll see where we are near the end of the offseason. If both Braylon and Santonio bolt, I'd definitely look at bringing one of these guys in. If one bolts, I'd rather look at bringing in a slot receiver and moving Cotchery back outside as the #2 WR.

I'm not wholly opposed to T.O. or Chad. I don't think either would kill the locker room. However, I'd rather not bring them in because I don't want either bitching they don't get the ball from Sanchez.

13. kaboom

kaboom Member

From reading this thread I presume that many posters only watch Jets games and think that Ocho is the same talent that he was ~ 3 years ago.

Ocho's skills have declined quite a bit. He was never a workout warrior (an admitted McDonalds junkie). He gets no seperation when covered by a decent CB.

Owens is by far the more talented of the two at this stage of their career.

Either one would only be a 1 year deal. Owens is the better player by a fair margin.

I'd prefer to keep Braylon and Holmes, even at the expense of David Harris. Sanchez needs weapons and it is more important to keep a core of skill players around him.

Get rid of Jenkins, LT, Taylor, Brad Smith also before either Holmes or Edwards

14. SienaSaints

SienaSaints Well-Known Member

T.O. and Ocho Cinco Want to Play for Rex

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/01/24/ochocino-t-o-want-to-play-for-the-jets

With the Jets facing the departure via free agency, whenever free agency begins, of receivers Braylon Edwards and Santonio Holmes, the Jets have an easy solution if both guys leave.

They can bring Batman and Robin to Gotham City.

On this week’s edition of The T. Ocho Show, both T. and Ocho make it clear that they would love to play for Rex Ryan and the Jets.

“They will make it to this point every year,” Chad Ochocinco said regarding the team’s second straight berth in the AFC title game. “I’d do anything to play for someone like Rex Ryan or anyone who has that type of mentality.”

Said Terrell Owens: “I’m jumping on that bandwagon, too, because I was thinking the exact same thing, Chad.”

Owens will be a free agent, whenever free agency begins. Ochocinco remains under contract with the Bengals for one more year, but it looks like he and coach Marvin Lewis are destined for a divorce.

The T. Ocho Show gets rolling Tuesday night at 10:30 p.m. ET, on Versus.

Good Fucking God no thanks.

15. jacketpotatoe

jacketpotatoe New Member

HELL NO.
    Keep Braylon and Santonio PLEASE. these two have proven they aren't worth the risk time and again. They are good receivers but they are declining and are destructive.

16. Ron Mexico

Ron Mexico New Member

Ocho (or soon to be Johnson again as he just went on Jim Rome and said he's gonna change it back) is someone I wouldn't mind having on the team if we can't keep either Santonio or Braylon.

But T.O., in addition to being old, is still Team Obliterator even if he hasn't publicly shown his true colors yet in B-Lo and Cincy bc he only spent a year on each team. The last thing a young QB like Sanchez needs is some prima donna WR bitching and moaning about not getting 20 balls a game thrown at him.

17. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Yea, let's get older and slower at WR. That'll help a lot. Also, I've always said we needed a WR who would throw Sanchez under the bus at press conferences!

18. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

They won't come here. Tanny isn't that dumb.

19. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

I don't think Ocho Cinco is that bad, I wouldn't mind him if we absolutely needed a WR. But hell fucking no to TO.

20. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

*sniff* That's my quarterback, man.... *sniffle*