Of All The Free Agents The Jets Have, Who Do You Want Them To Keep?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JohnnyThaJet, Jan 26, 2011.

?

Who do you want ?

1. Braylon Edwards

76.9%
  2. Santonio Holmes

73.3%
  3. Brad Smith

47.6%
  4. Wayne Hunter

41.0%
  5. Nick Folk

7.7%
  6. Shaun Ellis

35.9%
  7. Trevor Pryce

7.0%
  8. David Harris

82.8%
  9. Brodney Pool

24.9%
  10. Antonio Cromartie

46.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

He is. I think he returns. I think Rex likes what he does. He played well in the later part of the season. His performance in the divisionals may have gotten him a new contract. He was everywhere he was supposed to be.

Pool takes some terrible angles in deep coverage. We're talking rookie UDFA angles that shouldn't be taken by a veteran safety who should know better.

2. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

Yep, you said it. Smith is a hard nosed player, not the best in coverage but is formidable and a great special teams player. Pools angles have killed us in spots. Not a bad tackler but it does not redeem his lousy coverage.

3. grayburn

grayburn Member

Edwards, smith, hunter, ellis, harris.

4. GBA

GBA Well-Known Member

Holmes, Edwards, Ellis, Harris, and Hunter are the ones I'd like some effort put into bringing back. With the rest it depends a lot on the circumstances.

Pryce, Pool, and Folk are borderline based on what they bring to the team, and Smith and Cromartie are iffy b/c of how much money they might to demand. Pryce was a good rotational player this year and he's a savvy vet. If we don't get the depth we need at the position, I wouldn't mind seeing him back in that same role. If we can find someone to replace Pool, that would be nice, but if not, he's better than nothing. Folk needs to lose the gut and get his kicking form back.

I'm surprised more people don't want Ellis back. Maybe it's an issue of money, but IMO he's our best lineman right now. If we're left with Devito and Pouha(/Jenkins?) and someone new, I think Ellis is definitely worth keeping around. And if he has trouble staying healthy like he did this year, then we can we can rotate in Devito or some other young guy more often.

5. AJayJay

AJayJay New Member

Don't understand all the hate against Folk. Who all is out there that is going to be better than him? I know his kick-offs are below average but he can boot field goals pretty damn good.

We're going to get a new kicker next season, he's gonna come up short on a 45-47 yard field goal and you all will be screaming to cut him too.

6. JohnnyThaJet

JohnnyThaJet Active Member

Correct me if im wrong but these are the Free Agent kickers for next season. ( Notables )

Matt Prater (RFA)- Broncos
    Ryan Longwell- Vikings
    David Akers- Eagles
    Adam Vinatieri- Colts
    Phil Dawson- Browns
    Olindo Mare- Seahawks

Good Bunch who dont exactly kick in the greatest weather. Kinda wanted to make a thread about it actually but didnt know if we'd keep Folk and what our cap would look like.

7. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Outside of Dawson and Vinatieri, the rest aren't special. They'll most likely be resigned anyway.

8. ........

........ Trolls

I voted Edwards, Holmes, Hunter, and Pool. I'd like to add Turner and Coleman to my list. I would have loved to add Harris, but I think he's going to ask for way too much money, and I'd rather have the money spent on my first two choices. Obviously, if he comes back at the right price, I'll be thrilled. Pool I think we keep for depth, but our safeties will likely be Leonhard, Landry/TomZ/rookie, Pool, Lowery, and Ihedigbo (ST).

9. al toon 88

al toon 88 New Member

Edwards, Holmes, Ellis, Smith.... add another K please.

10. JohnnyThaJet

Dawson could be interesting, kicks well in not the greatest conditions, can hit about 50 yarders, and I doubt WANTS to stay with the Browns.

Also, what happened to Prater, I thought he was a great kickoff guy who also was okay on the accuracy stand point and can hit 50+ FGs?

11. xmscott

xmscott Well-Known Member

Who is going to replace Ellis and Pryce?

Its Gholston right now isnt it

:/

12. JohnnyThaJet

Devito , Gilbert, Kroul, and then Gholston. Not the greatest combo by any means

13. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

Prater kicks at Mile High. His distance is exaggerated by about 10 yards. Accurate though.

14. DanR

DanR Active Member

Well out of them, I want to keep Holmes the most.

15. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

I think Gholston goes too.

Remember Ropati Pitouitua is going to return. He was supposed to have a breakout year this year, I hope he can return and be a part of the rotation.

16. Rawrk

Rawrk New Member

akers is a great kicker. had a terrible playoff game but he's as good as they come.

i'd love to replace folk. it shouldn't come to a point where i'm nervous about kicking a 35 yard fg. the pats and steelers both picked up kickers midway through the season and i'd much rather have graham/suisham over folk.

sure folk can kick from 55 yards out, but we're never going to let him attempt anything from over 45 anyways.

17. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Folk had a shitty november. That's really it.

The rest of the season he was fine. The Browns game he was atrocious, and the games after it he was shaken by it.

But december and beyond he's been fine. He hasn't missed a kick since the Miami loss.

I find it pretty funny how we hate this guy when he had one bad stretch of 3 games.

He does need work on his kickoffs. The KR can't start at the 10.

#37 NDmick, Jan 27, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2011
  18. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

If i'm choosing one WR to stay it's Braylon.
    As crazy as this sounds,I think he has better hands then Holmes.

19. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Didn't he miss a chip shot against the Pats?

20. JohnnyThaJet

Yeah from about 32yrds out I believe ... and missed a couple in that huge 45-3 loss .