17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Who was the guy here that got SB tickets already, from the host lottery?

2. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Ribeye is absolutely the best steak on the grill or even broiled...
    But,
    2 absolute horrible things you should not do.

1- Never ever ever ever buy a Ribeye to freeze it. Always buy it same day or at most 1 day prior and when you leave it or marinate it overnight keep it in the chill/ vegetable portion of the fridge that allows moisture and won't dry out the meat over night
    2- Steak sauce on a ribeye is a crime!! A-1 Heinz or whatever...you do not put steaksauce on ribeye.
    That's equivalent to Kim Karashian in a Fur coat, all covered up and nowhere to hoe. :smile:

To each their own but it's a waste of flavor to marinate season and all that just to smother it in a sugar sauce

3. asbcheeks

asbcheeks Member

303 row 8, giving up my seat (me and my dad's friend split a pair of seats so I get 1 preseason and 4 regular season games - we draft out the games). Gonna offer it up to my dad's friend first but I'm guessing he'll bail too.

Just don't like the view, annoyed that there are 3 temp rows right in front of me that mostly went to opposing fans this season. I may look into LLEZ depending on what's available, but I usually only get to 3-4 home games a year anyway and I feel like I'd probably save money in the end just paying a premium on the games I actually go to instead of paying face for all 10. Of course I'll be out of luck once we finally get that elusive home playoff game but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

I'll be sad to get rid of them, my dad had tickets since Shea and I was proud to inherit them. I just don't think it makes sense to keep them given my disappointment with my new location.

4. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

what row?????????????

5. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

abscheeks I hear ya------having people I know get offered better seats than me months after I already committed pushed me near the edge , the view had me almost over the edge,, but the parking fiasco was the final straw! I had to purchase a seperate parking pass because when I selected my seats I did what many others did and that was I picked the best seats offerred that were closest to my tail gate. Only thing is then they threw this Orange parking pass crap at us and I had to go buy a yellow pass on top of it. Last year it was hard to walk away this year after the experience --it's easy. The stadium caters to buisness NOT TO THE FAN and thats a shame.
    All these nite games also sucked----I go with kids and it is hard enough for me and my buddies to function the next day after these nite games but bringing the kids is impossible because the games end too damn late--I would take 8 one oclock games in a heartbeat but thats me. Also I cannot say how many Bills fans are bailing this year but if they had to endure the crap that many of us put up with I am sure there would be many--so yeah after years of going to games I am ONE AND DONE!

6. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

17A ---------------------> 342 row 20

7. Digetydog

Digetydog Member

That was me. My dad is picking up the tickets on Tuesday and taking them to SH for sale. With a little luck, the profits from selling the two tickets will just about be enough to pay off our LLEZ PSL's.

8. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

This thread is going to turn very interesting again as the March deadline approaches for PSL resales, coupled with many Upper Deckers bailing. Asbcheeks and CBG are but the tip of the iceberg, IMO.

MANY UD STHers are disappointed with their seats. But frankly, they're also quite disgusted with the treatment they received. It's the view more than anything else, but also the fact that the Jets insisted on fucking the very best and loyal fanbase they had. It will all come home to roost this year... this is my prediction.

And let's not forget that the league is pushing for an 18-game season. That means you've got to pay for 11 games, not 10... AND the cockamamie mandatory, up-front parking for that 11th game.

Woody never did sell out what he had... and this is a season where we made the AFC Championship game. Rookies, newbies and virgins on the fucked-up 2010 Jets Bandwagon don't realize how fucking difficult that is... that our chances of even making the playoffs are back to ground zero and we could just as easily wind up 8-8 next year.

Not many Bandwagon Mousekateers realize that this is not a given... that with F/Agency and parody, the AFC will get tougher yet. Does anyone expect the Bills and Dolphins, for example, to fold like a beach chair again next year? And the Pats have draft picks up the ass. They'll probably go at least 12-4 again next year and be hungry as hell.

So here we are in a season where we get into the playoffs and Woody can't even move his fucked up merchandise still, even with a brand new satdium and hopes and expectations out the wazoo. How the hell is he going to move this shit next year, especially if you have to buy 11 games now instead of 10? I mean, really.

It's the tip of the fucking iceberg and the Jets Ticket Office is the fucking Titanic.

9. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

If it goes to 18 games I think they will be reducing preseason to 2 games so it will still be 10 home games.

10. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

227 you and many others understand EXACTLY what I am talking about. There are others who did not go thru what WE did so they are uninformed. Then you of course have a few people that are shills and they can say what they want.The View is only part of it,,, the rest of the crap is what honesly did me in. You are also correct about the "tip of the iceberg" statement as I have told people all year long that next year will be even worse, more empty seats or people giving up tickets---oh and don't forget those discounts, be it military (which went to some deserving people and others who never served a day in their life )those will be in full swing.
    I mean if they can fill up the place more power to em but I can tell you that I might attend a game or 2 but I will not purchase a SEASON TICKET,, no way no how ,,,it's over. So many untruths, so many people going in print or on the airwaves saying how well the ticket sales were going---They were still running ads for tickets in week 16---unreal! March will be interesting indeed
    ONE AND DONE

11. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

I'm saying it right now. If I cannot move down or over, I'm out.

I'll just buy tix to the games I want to go to just like so many others did this year.

I don't know if I want to spend so much cash living up in Mass.

I lost money on the one game I sold and the Bills game as well as the pre-season games were wastes of gas money and miles on my vehicle.

This is going to be very interesting. I know my oldest is very upset at the thought of me giving up the tix but there seems to always be cheaper tix available on the secondary market.

12. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

fuck you woody johnson!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

PATS hater I don't know how old your oldest is, mine is 10 and he is very cool about me giving them up.He comes to just about every game now and I started bringing him when he was 3. I had spoken to him a while ago about my plans regardless of how we finished the season I knew I was ONE AND DONE. We had a talk again last nite---he said can we still go to a couple of games and I told him "of course" . When I took him on one of the tours (I WENT 4 TIMES) the first thing he said when we reached the seats " wow we are high" .Many things about the stadium and how things were handled are/ were wrong add the design to the list.

14. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

He turned 9 this summer. His first game was at 5.

I'm sure he would be fine with it in the end but when I mentioned it, he was bummed for sure.

15. Clayture

Clayture Member

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/2011-01-28-nfl-ticket-prices_N.htm

This article states that at least 16 teams will not be raising ticket prices in 2011, and a couple including TB and SD will be dropping prices. No surprise the Jets aren't mentioned as one of the teams holding ticket prices the same. Does not state that the Jets will raise prices either. Anybody hear anything either way on the Jets prices? I know the trend is to raise every year...

16. baamf

baamf Active Member

Like many others I am most likely giving up my season tickets after 22 years. Also as others mentioned, it is not so much the view either. I've always been an Upper Decker, I prefer that view of the game. Once I get in my seats at the new stadium, I'm relatively happy (a bit high but that was expected). It's all of the ancillary crap that I'm having a hard time dealing with. I go to games with my 78 year old father, 16 year old daughter and then a floating tick that moves around to various folks. The crappy parking has split up a once great tailgating crew. Getting into and out of the stadium with my Dad is insane. Leaving my seat to go to the restroom and missing an entire quarter is nuts. Plus, having to deal with more and more opposing fans at every game. The experience has become less and less enjoyable and for this I'm paying more money :eek:hmy:. Just doesn't make sense.

I'm not a definite yet; I'll see what kind of changes they are planning for this year. If it is not significant I'll regrettably probably move on and use the money on a bigger TV. We shall see...

17. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

For me its really a money thing.

I can do so much more with that cash at this point.

18. Jerseyboyisback

Jerseyboyisback New Member

Does anyone know if there will be a Fee to resell/transfer my PSL to someone??

So lets say I sell it to someone for 10000 is there like a 20% fee that the jets will get??

19. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

I think I remember reading about a handling fee, but there's no commission. You know they've got to get their vig somehow.

20. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

i was at Disney on Ice Thursday night. and there are mountains of snow everywhere.how are they having a super bowl here in february 2014.....