Gary Myers 10 Step Plan To Get The Jets To The Super Bowl

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jetcentric28, Jan 26, 2011.

1. Jetcentric28

Jetcentric28 New Member

2. Jet In Brooklyn

Jet In Brooklyn New Member

Fuck Gary Myers and his jinxing act. Fuck him.

3. yankeeswin84

yankeeswin84 New Member

Interesting but to get Asmoghua, resign Cro at Safety and also resign Harris, Braylon and Holmes is a bit of a pipe dream

4. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

This twerpy little asshole is a Cimini wanna be. Sign Aso? I stopped reading right there. I think he is just trying to impress his boyfriend, Mark Clayton.

5. jetzIII

jetzIII New Member

Wouldn't most of these guys want to resign with the Jets and having Rex as a coach?

6. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

He wants the Jets on Hard Knocks again next year, but says "boot the distractions" and keep things more in-house and private. Bit of a contradiction there, Gary.

Signing Asomugha and moving Cromartie to FS is ridiculous. I do agree about bringing back LT as a 3rd down/change of pace back while working McKnight in a little bit though.

7. tank75

tank75 Well-Known Member

especially considering cros track record when he cant get up on a reciever

8. The Notorious J.E.T.S

The Notorious J.E.T.S Well-Known Member

Wait I thought there wasn't going to be another season of "Hard Knocks".

Anyway, I don't think you people realize how realistic Aso playing for the Jets next season is. I believe Rex would be more than willing to lose some other free agents for a chance to have one of the best secondaries in NFL history. The man has a serious hard-on for the cornerback position.

9. hazmat

hazmat New Member

Cromatie at Free safety? Is that a joke? He can't and won't tackle now.

10. S.HOLMES.10

S.HOLMES.10 Member

how about we worry about our front 7???????????

11. Petey

Petey Active Member

It really annoys me when these "experts" say that the Jets need to draft a DE so they can generate a traditional pass rush. The Jets definitely need help at DE, but the DE's don't get the sacks in the 3-4, they take up blockers so that the LB's/blitzers can get to the quarterback. Look around the league at teams that run the 3-4, almost none of the DE's ever produce huge sack numbers.

Same thing about Bart Scott not producing. The guy is in a position to do the dirty work and set things up for the other ILB (David Harris) to make the plays/tackles. Sure, Scott is bad in coverage, but most ILB's are not great in coverage.

I don't understand how most fans here understand those concepts, but most "experts" in the media cannot grasp those facts.

Also, signing Nnamdi Asomugha AND re-signing Antonio Cromartie to play free safety? What? That's basically impossible because of the salary cap, and even if it were possible, really doesn't make sense (I know Cromartie is a play maker, but I'm not sold on him as a safety because of his "tackling").

12. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

Something worthy of replacing buffalophysco for the offseason.

Would love for it to happen but it is far from realistic. A ton of unrealistic stuff needs to happen. Starting with the second best player at a position taking a middle of the pack contract.

13. Pennythetowelboy

Pennythetowelboy New Member

someone played a little too much madden last night...

14. JoeWillie130

JoeWillie130 Well-Known Member

He lost me at Cromartie at Safety. Which was basically three lines in.

15. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

Media spends too much time complaining about Rex personality & not enough watching the team play. This guy's suggestions are what I'd expect from someone who didn't bother watching the Jets till wild card weekend.

Tying up even more $$ into the CB position so that 3rd receivers can rip the Jets. Cro @ safety with the way he tackles?

They should join Hard Knocks but they should also tone it down. Also, Rex shouldn't be Rex.

===
    Also, there is no fucking way Aso is going to take a massive paycut to join the Jets. How can so many fans be blinded by years of sports history concerning athletes and FA? Athletes don't take massive pay cuts for rings unless player is washed up & ready to retire.

-Did Bart Scott take a paycut to come to NY & help out his favorite coach?
    -Revis loves being a Jet but his initial demands is to be the highest paid CB in the league. There was no BS like, he'll settle for being a top 3 salary CB because he like Rex so much.

Players are happy playing under Rex does NOT mean players will take pay cuts for Rex.

Taking less $$ to win a championship before you're washed up is one of the rarest things in all of sports.

16. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

What a stupid article, is it a 10 step plan to get the Jets to the super bowl in real life or in madden? Re-sign everybody, sign Aso and somehow put together a pass rush?

17. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Yep, one of the most ridiculous ideas yet.
    Dude does not like getting roughed up.
    I have a theory why Cro doesn't like the physical stuff, when he goes into a tackle, quite often hes 'high' and doesn't get his pads down low enough. Being lanky and tall doesn't help either, and once you've taken a few hits, its easy to understand why he womans out of the hits, still a Pro at his level should be doing this properly.

18. The Notorious J.E.T.S

The Notorious J.E.T.S Well-Known Member

I'd rather put Revis at free safety than Cromartie. I had enough of non-tackling safeties when Kerry Rhodes was still here.

19. hazmat

hazmat New Member

Cromatie is basically randy moss playing corner. He doesn't like contact, he struggles covering undearneath routes. If you go deep he can stay with anyone.

20. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

I like how Gary Myers gives the Jets 10 steps, but says that the Giants are only a CB away from winning the Super Bowl.