They Did it to Me Again

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Wahoo, Jan 24, 2011.

1. DaftGreen

DaftGreen Member

Feel free to leave but don't come running back when it does happen

2. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

I know a guy who used to be a Raiders fan. He dropped them three years ago and then jumped on the Vikings bandwagon. I betcha he'll go back to the Raiders whenever they make the playoffs again.

3. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

I hope the OP gets gang raped by all the Gorilla's in the mist.

4. Jason05

Jason05 Member

When it will happen, for us..real fans will be one of the greatest day of our life. Don't care when, but i feel will be sooner than later. I'm confident on Rex and Mark and Darrelle. And Woody really want that fucking ring. Don't be sad Jets fan

5. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

I'll see you at applebees punk!!!!

6. Jets Dan

Jets Dan New Member

I've never rooted for any other team (other than for a bet). But Sunday's loss was particularly gutting, esp. given our first-half play. It was worse than last year's loss in the AFCCG... and I live in Indy, was at the game, and had to deal with douche bag Colts fans at work and in my neighborhood... and it was worse than the loss to Denver in the '98 AFCCG. That fact is ironic, given the win over the Pats last week, which was the sweetest victory I've ever enjoyed as a Jets fan.

I'll still be wearing my Jets jersey every Sunday and making road trips next year and every year after that. To anyone wanting to jump ship... good riddance. Gang Green will be better off without you.

:jets:

7. Buffalo Jet

Buffalo Jet New Member

Realistically 31 teams break their fans' hearts every season. This team was close. Quit complaining, you could be a bills fan like my wife. :)

8. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

lol,i don't think the op was 'jumping ship'. I think he was just saying he will think twice before getting hopes up so quickly

9. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

He's lucky I don't know him in real life...

10. good_ol_gil

good_ol_gil Active Member

Absolutely not worse than the '98 game. That Jet team was better than this one and blew a 10 point lead mostly due to a series of ridiculous turnovers.

In this game we were playing a team that is probably better than us on the road, and simply got our asses kicked in the first half. Additionally this year we were a number 6 seed that had to win two road games just to get to the AFCCG while in '98 we were a two seed.

I'd say it's definitely worse than last year because of how over-matched we were, but yesterday's game is not even close to an all-time Jet loss.

11. Jets Dan

Jets Dan New Member

It's funny... I texted my buddies after the game and said basically the same thing... beats being a Bills fan.

12. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

Like "The Sanchise"?

13. Jets Dan

Jets Dan New Member

I can see your point about the '98 game. (Still not sure if staking a team to a 24-point lead is worse than blowing a 10-point lead.) I guess time has dulled my reaction to that loss (although I can remember our fumbles that day all too well). But playing only 30 minutes of football and not converting a 1st and goal in an AFCCG is tough to stomach.

14. Baumeister

Baumeister Well-Known Member

Get over it already we are all upset that the Jets lost the fucking game. They had a rough first half on the road against a good team.:shit:.

Just imagine how dominating this team will be when they decide to play a full 60 min. for a full season. Oh! but then you would giving the Jets rave reviews and telling us how great of a fan you are and knew they would always get the job done.

Stick with your team and stop being a whining little bitch. Then you get mad at people for calling you out on your SOJF mentality. New York fucking Jets forever mother fucker no matter what they do or don't do. The cubs of the nfl give me a break. If you don't like it jump on a band wagon and get lost.

15. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

Much respect. Right on Brother! :beer:

16. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

firemanedwahoo/takemehomewahoorhodes ?

17. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

Ohio Pork is that you?

18. SouthBayJetsfan4life

SouthBayJetsfan4life Well-Known Member

Hey man..I hear what you are saying. I feel bad about the loss as well, but sometimes it best to keep those feelings to yourself. Some of the guys here are like piranhas. They sense any weakness. like blood, they will eat you up.

19. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

To those who are not aware of Ohio Pork, TheBlairThomasFumble was referencing this gem-

20. SouthBayJetsfan4life

SouthBayJetsfan4life Well-Known Member

That was CLASSIC..thanks for sharing.