I'm Sorry, The Fix Was In: holding penalties not called

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetsKickAss, Jan 23, 2011.

1. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

[Insert comment about the blame lying soley on the lack of tackling, and not the refs]

2. BK_Jetsfan

BK_Jetsfan New Member

RI.F. another illiterate Steelers troll? I don't know that I've read any poster or thread BLAME the refs for the loss. I've seen many posters rightfully pointing out the bullshittery of the refs.

3. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Come on BK, these are the same fans that were in denial about the NFL robbing the Seahawks of a SB a few years ago.

The bottom line is Ed Hoculi is full of suck, not just yesterday but every day. I always avoid betting on games he is reffing because he is a shit stain of a ref. You can always find a ton of just awful calls in any game he is on.

4. James Calvin

James Calvin Banned

I just saw a guy that looked A LOT like one of the refs driving a brand new Kia with the price tag still on the window.

Suspicious shit.

5. BK_Jetsfan

BK_Jetsfan New Member

I think in general officiating has gotten progressively worse the last 2-3 years. As Goodell tries to regulate everything under the son, it gets harder and harder to enjoy all games (not just the Jets games). That's one of the two things that made me stop watching basketball (the other was being a Knicks fan). I doubt I'd ever stop watching football, but the shit is just getting ridiculous.

6. Brick

Brick Member

Steeler fans have been complaining about officiating all year long with Harrison, Ike Taylor, etc... they've had legitimate gripes at points.

I haven't heard a single person in Pittsburgh today complain about yesterday's officiating.

If there's something positive that I can take out of the officiating for this game, it's that when I hear Steeler fans complaining about the officials next game and next season, as they almost always do, I can reference this game - particularly the call against Eric Smith.

Go Pack.

7. milcus

milcus Well-Known Member

Steeler fans, and the players, are fucking whiners. When they lose, they always blame it on officials and ignore the plays they benefitted from. Just look at the Seahwak game and the week 15 game. They bitch about a no pass interference call, but then conveniently forget that the refs gave them a first down when they were a yard short, and they scored a td a few plays later.

There were so many holds that were not called, that it was comical. Hell, if I was a Steeler player, I would have held on every play as well knowing the refs wanted my team to win. The Smith penalty was crap. The Ihedigbo 15 yarder should have been 5. The Harrison hit on Sanchez should have been called. On the play Greene got hurt, his foot was out of bounds, and he got hit. The hit on Greene later on where it was helmet to helmet on a defenseless player. Then there was non-stop roughing after the plays were over. It was so blatantly biased that if it happened against them, they would literally never STFU about it. But, when the Jets get screwed, its all good.

8. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

THat was my error as well.

He generally does OK by us.

But Ed Hochuli in the AFCCG, and WALT F*NG ANDERSON in the Super Bowl?

AYFKM?

9. AJayJay

AJayJay New Member

If that hit on the QB slide was Brady, Manning, Brees or any one of the other leagues poster boys there damn sure would have been a flag thrown on that.

The league also needs to get it's act together on the helmet to helmet calls. Sometimes the refs are so quick to throw a flag and then at times they won't even toss it out there.

The calls obviously hurt and I do believe the Steelers got away with a lot more than we did last night but we shouldn't have been in that position in the first place.

10. siggy00

siggy00 New Member

I agree, the fix was in.

The Steelers are trying to hurry up and convert a 4th and 1 and Ed Hochuli calls for a measurement when it was already spotted as 4th down.

11. siggy00

siggy00 New Member

Helmet to helmet hits on a running back are legal.

Learn the R-U-L-E-S Rules Rules Rules!

12. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

If the calls were even, it would be a 50-50 split.

I would have signed up fora 60-40 split against the Jets.

I would say yesterday's split was 85-15 in favor of the Steelers.

13. BK_Jetsfan

BK_Jetsfan New Member

Which rule states that helmet to helmet hits are legal? The rulebook is online, so go ahead and post a link. We anxiously await.

14. pittguy578

pittguy578 New Member

You sound just like a Steeler fan now. Ben got smashed the entire year and never got a call. His nose got broken-there was no call. If any team has a right to complain about the lack of roughing penalties being called, it is the Steelers.

15. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

That actually screwed the Steelers up. They wanted to get a play off before the Jets were ready. Nice try!

16. grahamburgher

grahamburgher New Member

lol.. you call Steeler fans whiners in a thread that claims the game was fixed by the ref's. f'ing loser.

17. grahamburgher

grahamburgher New Member

" RI.F. another illiterate Steelers troll? I don't know that I've read any poster or thread BLAME the refs for the loss. "

I didn't say you blame them for the loss, genius. You're blaming the refs for fixing the game, as the title of the thread implies.

18. steelerz1282

steelerz1282 Banned

what bullcrap I knew jets would come up with every excuse possible to why they lost. Face it you guys got the crap kicked outta you and in the 2nd half the steelers just let you guys get close just to break your hearts even more. It was great when all the jets fans were walking to their bus behind mcfaddens bar crying and whining while the steeler fans were going nutz on the patio launching beers and snowballs at you losers. Well atleast I was..hahahahaha wait another year losers just to lose to the steelers again

19. steelerz1282

steelerz1282 Banned

some jets fans were alright guys and one older guy even said the better team won tonight..others just made me sick I overheard a group of them saying "this isnt possible im dreaming this cant be happening I thought for sure we were going to the superbowl". lol it was on the radio in pittsburgh all week how jets fans thought they were already in the superbowl. Well you guys forgot who you were playing this week I guess, because its the steeler fans who already knew who was gonna be in the superbowl

#79 steelerz1282, Jan 25, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2011
  20. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

Yeah, we're playing a team that has been getting BS calls from the refs since Super Bowl 10 vs. the Cowboys (bogus calls) and against Seattle.....not to mention a team that can't beat the Patriots if their lives depended it.