Brainlessly bash former Jet employee, Brian Schottenheimer

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by ThunderbirdJet, Sep 14, 2010.

1. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

Immediately following the game last night, in my drunken rage, I proclaimed that I wouldn't spend a dime on the team next year if I have to endure Schotty blowing a crucial scoring opportunity in the most crucial game of the Season (after having already fucked up other games throughout the Season).

I just don't understand tolerating his egregious errors anymore. If he just displayed his incompetence in the biggest moment of the Season - and one of the biggest games in the franchise's history - then why would we want him back? Because we hope, after 5 years, that he'll eventually "get it"?

2. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Well played sir, this is entirely 100 percent correct.

in toto.

Rex needs to coach the offensive coaching staff, and stop being a glorified DC.

All Brian really needs is for Rex to sit him in a room, with some Pats game tapes and say...

"See that Ball...three seconds...and out....from here on in, if Mark's completion pct goes south of 60% it's your ass."

3. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

You know what i hate most about this constant irrational Schotty bashing is I feel the need to defend him which makes me seem like I support him more then I actually do. I'm sure I get just as annoyed at some of his playcalling as anyone else but I have been a fan long enough to know it could be MUCH MUCH worse and wise enough to know that he is not to blaame for all the teams trouble. It boggles my mind that whenever we lose he has to go but if we win he doesnt get an ounce of credit.

We were 11-5 this year mostly because of the offense, the D was a major disappointment for most of the year. They stepped up in the playoffs and so did the offense.

I would also put Schotty pretty far down the list of reasons we lost the game yesterday, certainly below the beyond puzzling lack of intensity in the 1st half in as big of a game as this franchise has ever played, below the D forgetting how to tackle and making Mendenhall look like Earl Campbell, below the STs forgetting how to tackle on the biggest KO return of the year and below the D not being able to get a stop when they needed to most.

I was ready to throw my computer off the balcony after that 3rd and 4th down call at the goalline but if you really think about it rationally if the Jets executed on 2nd down what should have been as easy a pass and catch as they come it never comes down to two horrible calls on 3rd and 4th down. Keller was pretty much wide open and it was one of the more easy throws a QB can make, now I wont blame the headset malfunction but if its working properly and Sanchez isn't rushed to get the play off it would have been an easy TD and a 24-17 game.

4. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

You're conveniently ignoring the fact that the Jets could have been 15-1 if they had a decent OC and probably wouldn't have had to win at the last minute for a lot of these games. This team was stacked in 2010-11, they had the talent and ability to do some serious damage, but it was wasted by an OC who likes being cute with his plays and ended up outsmarting himself.

5. ........

........ Trolls

Vision owns this thread, especially with this paragraph, and the bolded line.

6. VictoriousSecret

VictoriousSecret New Member

I believe you were also looking for Schottys address. Just sayin.

7. ........

........ Trolls

So he DID get that date. Well done, TUB.

8. VictoriousSecret

VictoriousSecret New Member

LOL.. no, no date.

9. Jets201

Jets201 New Member

No, just the offense's trouble.

10. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

Oh no....Tub is in the friend zone.

poor bastard.

11. The Notorious J.E.T.S

The Notorious J.E.T.S Well-Known Member

lol

close thread.

12. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

15-1 huh? So which game are we winning with a better offensive showing, the Bears or Pats game? I'm willing to pin 3 losses directly on the O, however I'm not willing to pin those 3 losses solely on Schotty.

This team could have done serious damage huh? You mean like make it to the AFCCG with a chance to play for the SB? I got news for ya, this team did do serious damage this year and if not for a variety of reasons they would have done the unthinkable and knocked off the top 3 seeds and 3 SB MVPs en route to playing for a title.

Please explain to me how they lost that game yesterday with Schotty to blame? I dare ya.

13. ........

........ Trolls

Get Willie on the line immediately for some advice.

14. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

*shines Friend Zone bat signal in the night sky*

15. Jets201

Jets201 New Member

Are you serious? What do you see that this guy's done in his time here to back him up like this? How about godawful playcalling on the goal line? Running the ball late in the game when down by two scores even though your QB is throwing great passes, yeah, that's brilliant. Continually shitcanning drives late in the year (and yesterday with that stupid reverse, that play works maaaybe 3 out of 10 times) with his trick play garbage, anything else?

16. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Pats.

That was a game at 24-3. The third play in a row to Keller for the INT was the nail in the coffin. Convert there and it's a two score game

But Hey...By this post you're conceding 14-2.

Now to defend Mr. TIBS.

The Refs F*d us week one period. Without Baltimore getting help, we did enough to win that game.

And against Miami Santonio Turned into Droptonio for the catch that wins that game.

And against Gb, that was the Jerricho Droppery debacle.

However...in all 3 of those cases, you're still settling for less than 10 points from this offensive cast.

And on the D side, they cost us yesterday, and Chicago.....

And almost cost us Det. and Cleveland.

17. The Notorious J.E.T.S

Did he learn nothing from The Patriots' mistake last week? Down by 14 points - his offense burned nearly nine minutes of clock time time and ended up getting no points. To me, having no sense of urgency at that stage of the game is inexcusable. You have a QB who has proven he can move the ball downfield in a short amount of time (see the Texans game.)

18. ........

........ Trolls

You're right. He had nothing in place for the possibility that the headsets would go out. That's NOT on Sanchez, but it IS on the fact that we have a second year QB who can't call his own plays yet in that situation.

Schotty has problems. They're correctable and he can be a very good OC, but they've been correctable for a while. I'd say he's been good roughly 75% of the time. I want Rex and Callahan to sit him down, run through tape, and get him to coach 100% of the time the way he does in that 75. I can see why Rex likes him and wants to keep him. I can also see why he'd give him an ultimatum. I fault Schotty for being blind to his own problems for years now. I fault Rex for not forcing him to see them.

19. The Notorious J.E.T.S

20. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

I'm sure everyone saw that the first thing Ryan said in his news conference today was that Schitty would definitely be back next year...too many pages too look back on to see if that has already been posted. This should surprise no one with the looming lockout.