Brainlessly bash former Jet employee, Brian Schottenheimer

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by ThunderbirdJet, Sep 14, 2010.

1. Jets201

Jets201 New Member

Rex doesn't call the plays, he trusted Schitty to run the offense. But it's bigger than that, even before Rex and the ground and pound philosophy, Schitty had Favre, who could throw for 300 yards in his sleep and he didn't have one 300 yard passing game under Schitty, not one. PLEASE somebody hire this guy away before he wastes another season, because Rex won't fire him.

2. ........

........ Trolls

The more I think about it, the more I think Schotty would be a great OC if he just got his ass kicked. As in physically. Someone, ANYONE, needs to beat the hell out of him to bring him down a peg. The man is NOT a bad offensive mind. His problem is twofold:

1) He has an unrealistic sense of his own intelligence. Studies show this is true of just about everyone in this country, but with Schotty it's especially heightened. He thinks he's going to outsmart every DC in the league at the start of the game with his play design (hence the end arounds from McKnight and Cotchery the past two weeks on early drives and the absurd motions and fakes we always see in the first quarter). He's brought down a peg every week, settles into a good gameplan, but ALWAYS FUCKING GOES BACK TO THE OUTSMART 'EM GAME. Which leads to:

2) He doesn't have enough faith in his offense. That's what it really boils down to. He doesn't realize that this offense actually DOES have the ability to execute his more traditional, toned down playcalling well enough to win games. He thinks he has to force his role, overwhelm DCs with play design to overcome some perceived deficiency in his offense.

This offense will improve, and if Schotty sticks around, someone needs to either kick his ass physically or ream it verbally to bring him down a peg. He's not Marty. It's like he's trying to overcome his father's stigma. He can be a good OC if he just fucking accepts his actual role on the team, not the one he's built up for himself.

3. concussion80

concussion80 New Member

It would be really cool if Schotty actually cared about scoring TD's in the 1st quarter. His philosophy of scripting first 20 plays to "feel out" the defense...absolutely sucks!!

We play way too many close games and way too many from behind!!

4. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Again, I say anyone who think Schottenheimer is the sole reason the Jets lost that game yesterday is just looking for a scapegoat. Jets fans need a scapegoat and when it isnt the HC it is one of the coordinators.

Listen I didnt love some of the play calls yesterday but the blame Schotty is getting is beyond ridiculous. Does he deserve a share of the blame, absolutely, does he deserve all the blame absolutely not. Blame has to be shared by the whole CS, how bout Rex for not having his team ready to play in the biggest game of their lives? How bout Pettine for his D getting absolutely manhandled in the 1st half? How bout Westhoff for his unit not being able to punt or cover a KO to save their lives.

There is about a zero percent chance that Schotty isnt back next year so everyone will have to wait at least one more year for the next scapegoat to be hired if we dont win it all next year.

5. ........

........ Trolls

Great post. People don't look at the entirety of a game, they look at moments. In this one, everyone played a role in the loss, right down to the headsets.

6. concussion80

concussion80 New Member

It was undoubtedly a team loss but I am looking at the year in it's entirety and when it comes to Schotty, it seems like it's the same old problems with him.

Like I said before, this team would be better if they could score in the 1st quarter.

7. nyJETS0511

nyJETS0511 Banned

NO 1st quarter TD's since week 5 = ALWAYS playing from behind.... is a bit of a problem i think...especially when you look at our receivers........actually its laughable

8. concussion80

concussion80 New Member

It all comes down to the philosophy of the coordinator. It's damning evidence that he just doesn't get it. He's really fucking lucky the defense is good, because when you're punting the ball away all 1st quarter, on lesser teams, you get blown out.

9. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

McDonald & Tierney on ESPN 1050 right now are discussing the possibility of Schotty getting fired, saying, "Rex might have a decision to make."

10. Dexter Morgan

Dexter Morgan New Member

Shotty isn't going anywhere.

11. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

As many issues as some may have with Schotty, myself included. Schotty can't go anyway, that would be the worst possible scenario for our franchise QB.

Maybe Schotty can adjust a little bit, Rex can get more involved, or maybe we bring in another offensive coach to help out.

12. Jets201

Jets201 New Member

It's more than this game, Schitty hasn't put out one dangerous offense in all his years here, even with the great Favre. He wasn't the only reason the Jets lost but damn was he ever one of them.

13. IATA

IATA Trolls

Someone needs to kick his ass from another team, let him learn elsewhere. He ain't gonna suddenly change here after 5 years.

14. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

If that's the case I'm not giving the Jets another dollar until he does get cut from the team

15. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Judging from this post you can't be more then 14 and you have no idea what it's like to suffer like a real Jets fan. In that case I think the Jets will survive without the 19.95 you spend for a hat every year.

16. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

:rofl:

well played.

17. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Boom Hat-shot

18. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Rex just cited Vision, and confirmed next year we get more B.S.

(just kidding on the cite part :wink:)

19. ........

........ Trolls

Someone gets it. The only reason to dump Schotty is if we'd lose Callahan otherwise. Anyone who thinks Schotty is a bad coordinator overall doesn't get it. He has issues, and yet every year he gets a FULL vote of confidence. That needs to change. He needs to get his ass kicked, which this FO and two coaching staffs has never done.

20. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

You have no idea what you're talking about. I'm 10 years old and have been a long time fan since November and spent over $25 bucks this year mister. Don't worry I didn't spend it all in one place, I had to manage my allowance after all.

But seriously, I fucking hate BS this asshole cost us big this year

_

#2020 GordonGecko, Jan 24, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2011