Brainlessly bash former Jet employee, Brian Schottenheimer

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by ThunderbirdJet, Sep 14, 2010.

1. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

I've said that all season. Give him a series or two early.

For every series that leads to a score, he gets another.

2. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

They could do that if they want to stay inside. I doubt they will though. How many years has it been? First Hackett and now this, when was the last time we had a good OC?

3. Hobbes3259

And how many snaps did we waste on misdirection/trickeration plays ?

4. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

Schotty certainly sucked yesterday, especially in the first half.

I also think Rex has to modify ground and pound. Either we have an NFL QB that can win a Super Bowl or we don't. I think we do. And Ryan had better stop with this deferring bullshit next year.

5. nyJETS0511

nyJETS0511 Banned

"just for the hell of it lets run it up the middle again...see what happens" --schotty

6. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Nice post. I basically agree with all said here, although I think there might be some merit to the thought raised by others that the Jets could go with Callahan as the OC. Maybe the thinking is that move would provide Sanchez enough continuity. Myself I am not a huge fan of Callahan, though.

I also am not in agreement with others who seem to think BS was the only or clearly the primary reason the Jets lost. And BS gets credit for Sanchez's development.

But the play calling at times was inexplicable. That's on BS.

7. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

And now you know why the real fans thought this assclown would cost us the Super Bowl. You would make a good cult follower, you seem to like kool aid

8. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

The funny thing about this thread is it gave me this rep as a BS nut hugger because of the title. I'm bashing BS, and have no problem bashing him when he deserves it, and he deserves it now.

It's when poster bash him undeservedly. That has happened often. That doesn't mean I even like him as an OC. Overall, I give him a fail.

9. Hobbes3259

10. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Time to re-name this thread I think.

KEEP with the informed Schottenheimer bashing!

11. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

Here are the Jets scoring stats for beginning of games.

The Jets scored points in 18 of 19 games. In those games, they scored points in their first offensive possession 5 times (excluding D/ST TDs).

Of those 5, two were TDs. Both came in weeks 3 & 4.

They were able to score 9 times in their first two possessions. 4 of these were TDs (this includes the ones above). These came in weeks 2, 3, 4, & 16.

On average, the Jets took 2.89 possessions to get their first points of the game. These points were scored in the first quarter 7 times (2 TDs), 2nd quarter 10 times (6 TDs), 3rd quarter 1 time (1 TD). The Jets first points of the game were TDs 50% of the time.

The Jets scored TDs in 15 of 19 games. On average, it took them 4.27 possessions to score a TD.

Of those TDs, 2 came in the 1st quarter, 9 in the 2nd, 3 in the 3rd, and 1 in the 4th.

In their 3 playoff games, the Jets scored their first points on their 6th (3Q), 4th (2Q), & 5th (2Q) possessions. In the first two games they scored TDs, in the 3rd game it was a FG with a TD on the following possession (3Q).

12. BK_Jetsfan

BK_Jetsfan New Member

Really good article. Hopefully more like this makes somone realize this fuckbag must go.

13. Ravens2010

Ravens2010 New Member

No dog in the fight, but I was rooting hard for the Jets to win. When it came to that goal line series it was obvious that the play calling was pretty poor. Maybe it had to do with malfunctioning headsets, or maybe it was Schottenheimer's faulty play calling. But it was a shame to see a valiant effort go down in flames. Props to the Jets for fighting it out to the end, though.

14. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Now it's Go PACK Go!! lol

15. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/f...ethlisberger_denies_mark_sanchez_.html?page=1

16. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

I will never get why Greene was not in, he was having success and trampling guys in the process.

He could've pounded it in if given the chance.

17. BK_Jetsfan

BK_Jetsfan New Member

Makes me feel sick in the stomach just thinking about this. How the fuck does no one say to Schotty "WTF are you thinking?"

18. SoulFood

SoulFood Active Member

Absolutely they were horrible calls. The difference in probabilities is huge. The probability of Sanchez completing a pass yesterday: 61% completion percentage. The probability of Shonn Greene getting 2 yards on 2 or 3 carries: no number but he had 5.8 yards/carry. The likeliness of the pass was over 50% but the likeliness of a run was practically 100%.

19. Talisman

Talisman Active Member

I've got to think that behind the scenes a lot of this is going on at the Jets facility today...

20. nyJETS0511

nyJETS0511 Banned

at the end of the day you gotta blame REX,,, i mean he should have told schotty to stop giving away 1 down every drive by trying to run up the gut....how he could keep watching that is beyond me