"The most heartbreaking thing is knowing that this room is not going to be the same."

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by firemanedjr, Jan 24, 2011.

1. firemanedjr

firemanedjr Active Member

That was Sione Pouha, after the game. I think it just hit me, this morning, that we're not going to get football for 7 months. We'll have the draft, sure, and minicamp, and then summer conditioning, but that's when this board will slow down, when the Jets aren't the first thing on our minds, when we're not on the back cover of every NY newspaper every single day, when we're not a lead story on Sportscenter, when Mike Francesa isn't bashing us needlessly day after day. And when we do get Jets football back, it won't be the same. We don't know what the roster will look like, we don't know who we'll be saying goodbye to. It could be Brad Smith or James Ihedigbo, it could be Santonio Holmes, or Antonio Cromartie, or Braylon Edwards, or even Shaun Ellis, who we find out in a few months will have played his last game in a Jets uniform. We don't know who we'll be welcoming to our team, whether Tanny has another miracle up his sleeve. Last year we were thrilled to get this far, but losing in the AFCCG stung this time. Last time we thought we were building the blocks to the future, now we now that the future is here.

Let this thread be a last moment for reflection, a postmortem on this season. It didn't end in a Superbowl win, or even in Dallas, but it was one hell of a ride. Short of a win, I'm not sure I'd trade it for anything. We had our ups and downs, scandals and successes, but I can't say I wasn't entertained.

#1 firemanedjr, Jan 24, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2011
  2. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

This hurts more than any loss though. The Jets are the better team, came out flat, and couldn't catch back up. Its sickening. No one ends a championship game with 19 unansweres points.....and loses.

3. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

:lol::lol::lol:

4. REVIS ISLAND 619

REVIS ISLAND 619 New Member

If anything more players like LT's, JT's, Pryce, etc will wanna come here. All week long that's what we heard after we beat the Pats. We'll resolve...

5. nyJETS0511

nyJETS0511 Banned

my GONE list

- LT / JT / VG/ Ellis / Jenkins / cromartie

6. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

It just feels empty man. All season we've been hated on by the media, opposing fans...shit even our friends have been talking shit about our team talking about luck, they got a gift, etc. And what did our team do all season? They won. They fucking won, shutting up all the critics.

All the bullshit we had to deal with it: the Bralyon DWI, Ines Sainz, Sal Alosi, Rex's footgate, the New England 45-3 game, beating them in the playoffs...it just felt like we were gonna rise up above all that nonsense and win the Super Bowl. We all had that (false) feeling that was gonna be the year the Jets break through and win the whole thing.

Now I'm not down on the future of the team at all...but it's hard to get back here. Look at the Colts game. It's so easy in the NFL to get stuck in a game like that in the postseason and end up on the other side losing. We'll see what happens.

7. firemanedjr

firemanedjr Active Member

You're 100% right. For this maligned franchise, it really felt like that was going to have to be the way we'd win it.

8. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

FYP

filla, nigga

9. PinPointPenning10

PinPointPenning10 Well-Known Member

Couldn't have said it better myself, that's exactly how I feel. I hate how all the critics, in the end, "won." It's so damn hard to get back here, I just hope this loss is only the beginning of a decade good things to come. It's so difficult to predict how things will play out though in this league that I hope we didn't blow our best opportunity.

10. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

Empty is a good word to describe the feeling I have today as well.

Much different from many years and definitely different than last year but I'm very optimistic about the future. Certainly much more than I was after last year.

11. The Notorious J.E.T.S

The Notorious J.E.T.S Well-Known Member

I say replace Tomlinson with Ricky Williams and Brunell with Pennington.

Borrow the Giants philosophy for one day (Day 1 of the 2011 Draft) and bring in a monster Defensive End who rapes QB's.

Bring in a safety who smells footballs in the air and goes after them before they land in the hands of opposing receivers.

12. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

We need someone who can Roethlisberger Roethlisberger

13. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

if they draft another CB or project OL I will be pissed. Find the biggest and nastiest QB killer than can play at the pro level and draft his ass.

It's a shame Jenkins can't keep his knee in one piece because he would make that D so much better. Any great big fat guys with crazy abilities out there for the Jets to sign for next to nothing?

14. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

LT can still be productive as a 3rd down back. However, this team needs to recognize he can not be a primary back & they must recognize that he can not be a power back.

Seeing him over Greene in short yardage situations in that Steelers game just didn't make any sense. Think the CS were thinking with their hearts & not their heads. Anyone paying attention to the last few games knew LT can't power these Steelers.

15. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

I don't feel empty at all.

The Jets had a wonderful run. The first half of the Steelers game happened many times to the Jets. it shouldn't come as a surprise to you guys.

Losing a bunch of guys who collectively failed to win the SB or the AFC Champ game is a BLESSING. You guys really need to start spinning it the other way so you don't have the severe ups and downs with this team.

The blessing is that losing guys who couldn't win means hope for the future. If you have faith in Rex, like many of you say, he can get the most out of whoever wears green and white.

Keep your heads up. you sound like patriots fans.

16. yem

yem New Member

I would love to snag Haloti Ngata, he's an UFA

17. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

It's about losing a game. A game that was winnable, as evidenced by the second half. It's about the uncertain future with big time players being free agents. It's about only having 6 picks in upcoming draft. There are things to be worried about. Doesn't make me a darksider or a SOJ fan because I'm not. But this particular team just had a special feel to it, this whole season it just felt like this was gonna be our year. Maybe that feeling will be back next year.

Don't count on it.

18. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

Lets face it. For the Jets to be a completely rounded team, they need to seriously address their front 7, specifically the D-Line and the rush OLB position. We need more pressure than what we've been getting and need stout guys on the front line to penetrate on runs. Yesterday it showed we were lacking in those areas...

19. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

:lol::lol::lol:

Who wouldn't? Not happening. No f'ing way.

20. ........

........ Trolls

Not yet, he's not. The Ravens can negotiate with him until March. No one else can touch him until a CBA is reached. You're going to see an awful lot of players signing with their current teams just to get their signing bonus if there's still fear of a work stoppage and a new cap.