I'm Sorry, The Fix Was In: holding penalties not called

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetsKickAss, Jan 23, 2011.

1. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

Officiating was horrid. However, that first half was a disaster and that's all there is to it.

2. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

no, that's a faggot Massachusetts move.

3. Jollygreenjet

Jollygreenjet Moderator

Enough excuses, we didn't play 60 minutes of football. Stfu already! We were beat fair and square. I'm as upset as the next fan, for god sake man up for a change! It sucks but it is what it is!

4. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

Someone answer me this, and if you do, and can disprove this thread, I will contact you and buy you a dinner or all the beers you want at your next Jets game (provided you have a driver to drive you home):

How come the Jets DL jerseys were coming away from their bodies when grabbed by Steeler DL people?

5. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

For once I am with you. The fucking whining here is ridiculous. The Jets didn't show up in the first half. Hence they lost the fucking game.

6. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

holdng? thats ridiculous. we got out asses handed to us in the first half and kicked the snot out of them in the 2d - we could have won the game but for the last pitts td. has nothing to do w/the refs.

7. Jets007

Jets007 Well-Known Member

The first half was just bad to the bone! Refs didn't cost us this game, it's our Offensive Coordinator!

8. JetsKickAss

I DID NOT SAY THE JETS LOST THIS GAME BECAUSE OF THE OFFICIATING !!!

I said the officiating in the backfield on passing plays was atrocious......guys, watch the replay or hit your DVR's.....watch the guys being held....DeVito's facemask was grabbed AND his jersey on a key 3rd-down play.....NOTHING CALLED.

Put the ref back up on the line if they're not gonna call this crap.

AGAIN: they call DEFENSIVE HOLDING ON THE RAVENS ON A RUNNING PLAY INTO THE LINE -- but not 1 holding call on all those 1-on-1 plays in the backfield ?

9. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Wow...I hate that feeling. Can't believe the season is over. This sux.

10. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Yes, it did. I was going apeshit in the first half.

Go back and watch the game (If you can) On one play, Eric Smith is literally being pulled down by a blocker, like a chick trying to get laid.

11. RevSmitty73

RevSmitty73 Member

I agree. I wont blame the loss on the officials, but the non call on the late hit of Sanchez by Harrison was ridiculous when they were calling hand checking all game.

12. JETSJETSJETS17

JETSJETSJETS17 Well-Known Member

King Jerry wants to set an all-time attendance record, so why not have the two teams with the biggest fan bases in the NFL be the ones vying for the trophy?

13. Steelerstone

Steelerstone New Member

I witnessed the worst case of refs trying to control a game I have ever seen last night!

When the Steelers were driving the second time and were stopped at fourth and two and the Steelers hurried to the line to try and catch the Jets off guard and the refs called an "official measurement time out" ..................IT WAS CLEARLY TWO YARDS SHORT!

THAT WAS THE MOST BLATANT ATTEMPT I HAVE EVER SEEN!

14. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

A Jets-Packers Superbowl would have a larger audience than a Steelers-Packers Superbowl. Every. Day. Of. The. Week.

Rex would have the entire football world whipped into a frothy mess by game time.

15. Redzone

Redzone New Member

Amen brother , stop whining like like little girls . The game was lost in the first half . You cant not show up in the first half in a playoff game and expect to win. Now back to the wha wha wha the officials cost us the game thread.

16. RevSmitty73

RevSmitty73 Member

Stop Whining...

You were handed a Lombardi against Seattle by the officials. Just stop..

17. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

Get your head out of your ass. Who made the DL and LBs miss tackles after hitting the RB in the backfield multiple times in the first half? Did they pay our players to not make fundamental football moves?

18. JetsKickAss

Doesn't matter, just like Jet jerseys being pulled away from their bodies here doesn't matter.

We have guys here who are (correctly) upset with the Jets D and O.....so that excuses lack of calls on the Steelers which would have saved us 7 points and maybe 14 in the half, not to mention quicker stops in the 2nd half.

Gee...I wonder what happens if the Steelers score 1 or 2 fewer TD's in the 1st half ?

19. Buffalo Jet

Buffalo Jet New Member

I don't know that the steelers run game looks so great if the D can stick the tackles. I think it was poor execution as opposed to scheming. Edit: I meant to quote the post you quoted.

#39 Buffalo Jet, Jan 24, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2011
  20. JetsKickAss

Great points....but WTF does that have to do with not calling holding in the backfield on passing plays when our guys are being held ? If they call holding on Cro and Smith, why not on their OL ???

Why can't you guys separate the lousy play from the non-calls ?