Fooled Ya...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by typeOnegative13NY, Jan 23, 2011.

1. WaitAsekent

WaitAsekent New Member

EXACTLY. couldnt agree more man.. these SOJF's need to realize the SOJ's dont make it to the AFCCG 2 years ina row and with my gut feeling 3 ina row. PERIOD.

2. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Agreed. "SOJ's" or "Ryan's Boy's", the Jets played a half like they didn't realize there was a game today. It killed them in the end.

3. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

It was a great season and a great performance over the course of the year.

It is very depressing and deflating this morning - the main concern is how hard it is and how much luck you need to even get to the div champ game - the chances of us making it 3 years running are not great and I felt like this was going to be our year

Chances are we are going to be a worse team next year in terms of personnel than this year and i cant shake the feeling we will slide

i just wish that they could win one SB during my lifetime :(

4. KWJetsFan

Well said. Damn, I wish I could win...hell, even make the SB just once in my lifetime.

5. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

You'd have to play first...

6. KWJetsFan

Sweet. I'll call my Dad and tell him after 43 years of waiting, CatoThe Elder figured it out. I have to play for the Jets to win. Sorry Dad. Wish I knew this sooner.
    :sad:

7. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

No, you have to play for you to win. Or just take everything you read on a message board seriously. Either or.

8. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

Yeah funny how when we pull something similar in the '81 playoffs it was SOJ's but somehow this year it wasn't to a lot of people. SOJ's isn't just about losing seasons, it's about getting to the brink and losing in heartbreaking fashion or losing when you have the better team.

The second half and the first game showed we had the better team but the Steelers just flat wanted it more in the first half and that's one thing I never thought I'd see with a Rex team. That's also part of the SOJ's, the unexplainable happening. Like the six turnovers in '98 with a Parcells team including Martin and Byars fumbling.

9. jetsons

jetsons Well-Known Member

I say it EVERY time... the nyjets are Lucy & jet fans are Charlie Brown...EVERY time he thinks he's going to kick that football it gets pulled away @ the last moment & he lands flat on his back...AGAIN. :sad:

Just call it the joe namath curse...he made a pact with devil back in 69' & this team & it's fanbase have suffered ever since.

#89 jetsons, Jan 24, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2011
  10. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

This game was lost because of;
    A.a defense that didn't tackle in the 1st half
    B.Horrific playcalling on 1st and goal
    C.Too much LT not enough SG

That being said,FIRE SCHOTTY!

11. jaguarthecarnotateam

tru dat. in my estimation/poor recall, the majority of our epic losses we held a lead @ some point in the game?? SOJ is blowing leads and/or one epic fail play. The first half "let down" was not SOJ as much as it was Big Ben playing to form and the lead not insurmountable. SOJ was nowhere to be seen in the second half.

Mendenhall pwnd us. Difference maker

At game 8 or 9 this year I knew, just fckn knew Ben would be the end of the party this year. I was fckn right.
    r

12. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

You're definition of SOJ doesn't make it the right one. After 30 years of rooting for this team,i have seen them have great seasons,but to end in disappointment one way or another. Whether it was the 1st half or second collapse,it just happens. The Same old jets phrase is a stupid one. I don't know how old you are,but it really doesn't matter. You are not in a position to come on here and tell people how to react to a championship loss. If you are satisfied with just getting to this level,them my instinct tells me you haven't been a jet fan for that long. Could i be wrong? yes. But just as wrong as you are to spend time judging people and calling them shit for being upset maybe an hour after a loss like that. There are no entitlements here. We will have problems signing people next year,an injury can ruin everything and we may not see another time like this for a decade.
    This is a Jets message board,and unless it is trolling ,people are here to talk abput the jets whether it suits your same opinion or not. It seems ever since we signed favre,there was a new influx of posters here that changed the board to a 1984 style of jets conversation.

13. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

You old guys can do all the SOJ posting that you want. You can look down on us younger guys for not experiencing as much bullshit as you have. You can also look down on us for not giving into whatever your definition of this stupid SOJ thing is.

With that said I think those of us that think the above is stupid and annoying have every right to express that opinion because as you said this is a place for all Jets fans to discuss the team whether we agree with your view or not. We don't agree, we never will, and we have every right to tell you why we don't agree.

We were all pissed off and upset about the loss last night. Some of us seem to be able to admit defeat because the Jets just didn't play as well as the Steelers. Others have this need to wax poetic about every other season the Jets came up short. It sucks, we have all experienced it, and we still think crying SOJ after a tough loss is lame.

14. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

5th?

The Jets have lost four.

15. JetsTillDeath

JetsTillDeath New Member

Boo-hoo, were 32-13 with two trips to the AFCCG in the last two years - it really sux to be a Jets fan.. ::sarcasm::

16. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

actually 24-14, but yes, not too shabby.

17. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Which is more games than any other team in the league has played the last two years. Both teams who played in the SB last year lost in the 1st round. The Ravens were the only other team to win a playoff game last year that won a game this year. It's pretty impressive and definitely not SOJ. If SOJ even remotely existed this team goes into a tailspin and losses 5 straight after being 9-2 and fail to make the playoffs let alone win 2 games and being one stop away from having the ball with the SB in your hands.

18. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Yeah, they've played more games the past two seasons than any other team but part of that is because they didn't win enough in the regular seasons. The Jets have played 10 consecutive playoff games on the road. That has to stop. They have to find a way to win at least 13 games in 2011 and get the 1 or 2 seed.

19. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

That would be fine if we played in the West or South but the sad thing is we may be the 2nd best team in AFC but if we don't win the division we will always have to go the hard road. I'm not saying it should be changed because the same holds true for the Pats, Steelers and Ravens but it's just a sad reality. Your right we need to find a way to get that #1 or #2 seed but given the way this team plays off of long layoffs doesn't have me gleaming with confidence that the answer is in playing home playing games.

20. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

I don't look down on anyone for anything. people have a right to whatever they want. But for a few years now people come on here and tell other people how to post,what to post,how to be a fan and how to feel about win or losses. And it's usually the newer crowd who thought by jumping on this bandwagon when either we signed favre,drafted sanchez or pennington or whatever it was think they are going to be entitled to guaranteed success. some of the older fans have some news for you...

Once again. Do i think this will be a good team? yes. i love rex,sanchez greene etc. but yesterday was a wasted opportunity,and no matter what kids think they are entitled to,the best team in the league can have their qb get injured and win 3 games. That is why i was as upset as i was as a jet fan. because championship games are not easily come by just because some of the newer 2 or 3 year fans got a couple.

I never once said SOJ. I said same ole as in same ole results. If someone has an argument against the fact that it was the same ole results then go ahead and make it. from where i sat,again we came up short. No fucking way after last week should this team of professionals have played the way they did in the 1st half. And no fucking way should sanchez NOT be calling the plays if the sets were down. they wasted presious minutes on that shit.