Brainlessly bash former Jet employee, Brian Schottenheimer

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by ThunderbirdJet, Sep 14, 2010.

1. Jets4life1190

Jets4life1190 Banned

Sadly, this means more the end of Holmes then the end of Schotty

2. Hot Rod

Hot Rod Member

this is it..yes the Jets D sucked in the first half but Schotty is terrible. Thanks again for making my son cry.
    He needs to go or the Jets will never win the big game. How in the hell do you throw the ball on from inside the 4. You run the ball when you should throw and throw the ball when you should run. No wonder nobody wanted you as a head coach this year. They all know your a fluke.

3. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Nah I think the entire Offense is tired of Schotty

4. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Coach Schottenheimer, how do you get your head so far up your ass with the headset on?

5. Hot Rod

Hot Rod Member

Wish I could throw him under a bus. Holmes isn't worried about his contract. He knows he'll get a big deal from someone if not the Jets. Schotty has to go!

6. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

Yes, the D sucked in the first half. However, this was normal Schotty football. Always reacting, never starting strong. It's like he always has this need to feel out the other team's defense before putting together a good game plan.

After Pittsburgh scored the first TD, or even the FG. The entire game could have been different with just one touchdown. Instead? The offense laid an egg in the first half. If the D sucks, the offense needs to make up for it. The defense pitched a shutout in the 2nd half. Just think of what one, just one touchdown would have done in the first half.

With the amount of weapons on this offense and with Sanchez playing a heck of a game, to me there's no one else to blame.

#1966 LeonNYJ, Jan 23, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2011
  7. Hot Rod

Hot Rod Member

^^^^so true...you could see it in Mark's face during the game. Schotty wasn't the only reason the Jets lost but he was a major factor. The game should've been tied. Everytime Mark gets in a groove he calls some stupid ass play...actually surprised he didn't use the wildcat but he made up for it with the reverse.

8. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Im not usually a Shotty basher, I call it like I see it. He is the weak link tho. He never seems to have this team prepared to play. I think we need a coordinator who gets this team ready.

9. RevisOfNazareth

RevisOfNazareth New Member

Vaaaanity bump.

Fuck you Schotty. I used to defend you.

10. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

2 TDs in 4 Drives. "This is easy, Schotty, you suck!"

I'm almost tempted to say, "Let the kid call his own plays."

11. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Sanchez did call the play that set up Folk's game winner in Indy too.

12. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

At this point I don't know how anyone can defend Schotty. Do I think he was the sole problem yesterday? Not at all. The problem is, he was a problem, and a big one. Forget Holmes (who I don't particularly like or want back) why wasn't Edwards thrown to until we were already into the second half. He wasn't even targetted in the first half.

All that pre-snap motion makes me want to cut Schotty. It doesn't fool a single person on defense, and it seems to throw off Sanchez when he finally makes the snap call with 1 second left on the play clock.

It's almost a sure thing he'll be back next year. While I think he's a really smart coach and develops a great scheme and I think he's done a great job tutoring Sanchez (remember, this kid played one season of college ball and he's a pro sophomore) he's just not a good playcaller in-game.

13. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Schitty won't be going anywhere unless he quits. Without a CBA there is no way they will bring in a new OC when there is nobody around to teach the new offense too. It could be summer before they have an agreement if they get to that point at all. You have him for at least another year.

14. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Sad but true.

15. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

I am willing to let all other issues pass. Maybe it is the execution more than play call.

What I cannot let pass is this:

With two scores down, Jets offense is driving down - and Sanchez is barking back at the sideline for plays. Schotty is not even half as ready as Mark is on that scene. Jets score TD with barely 3 minutes left on the clock - after killing good 6 minutes scoring. This is simply unacceptable. This guy seriously lacks the sense of urgency there. Why did Jets have to use almost all of the 40 second clock play after play? If Steelers offense has the ball inside the 2 minute, the game is basically over, meaning the offense gave the defense but one fucking minute to work with.

#1975 Zach, Jan 24, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2011
  16. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Make of this piece what you like, but it has an edge that your alluding to, I think.

The D did not play well in the first half, and they would all put their hands up to that fact.
    But with the constant 3 and outs and short drives, they were well and truely gassed come the half.
    You can put the Last Steelers TD on the Offense, not totally but a good chunk of it.
    I really hope this is the last we see of BS , thats Bull-shit and Brian Schottenheimer.

17. gustoonarmy

He just doesn't seem to get it at all. I wonder how many of those play calls were from Sanchez as the comms were up and down all night.
    For me Mark Sanchez came of age last night and really looked like a leader.

18. jetsons

jetsons Well-Known Member

sure there is, promote Callahan, & hire Rich Gannon or Chad Pennington as the QB coach.

19. gustoonarmy

All for Keeping Callahan on, not sure about the others though

20. cmcm750203

cmcm750203 Well-Known Member

Chad said he wants to play next year