Am I the only one? (Braylon & Santonio related)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by macbk, Jan 23, 2011.

1. All Star

All Star Active Member

This. I think Cromartie is replaceable, maybe not necessarily with Wilson, but I think we can find someone.

2. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

People weren't raving about Revis after his rookie year. I think you folks need to be a little more patient with Wilson. CB and WR are really tough positions to come in as a rookie and excel.

3. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

I'd take Edwards and Holmes over Harris.

This team needs to be built around Mark Sanchez.

4. Steeler Tim

Steeler Tim New Member

You better back up the Brinks truck if you want to sign Holmes. He's made it clear that he is all about the benjamins. The guy has huge talent but a huge ego to go with it.

He also might want to go somewhere that is more of a passing offense. The Jets might be to run oriented for him. Just a couple of thoughts.

5. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

Braylon said he'd take a reasonable pay cut to stay.

6. BlueDevil73

BlueDevil73 New Member

Harris is a must- if I am keeping one WR its Edwards. Of all the class the Jets showed post game there was one players who's true character came through. Santonio should be ashamed of his comments. YOU DO NOT THROW TEAMMATES AND COACHES UNDER THE BUS.

7. South J-E-T

South J-E-T Member

I want them both back. Offense will be Ok. I say get rid of J Taylor and Gholston if possible, then draft a speed rusher off the end, safety, and an O lineman. One note about Holmes. Maybe not a fault but something that needs to be worked out. When Holmes runs a route and Sanchez is avoiding pressure, Holmes slows down in mid route, sometimes just as Sanchez is releasing the ball and it makes it look like a poor pass, when actually it would be on the money if Holmes maintains same speed. Happened at least once tonight and several times throughout the season. Like to see that timing get fixed.

8. The Sanchise

The Sanchise Active Member

My brother in law works in the browns front office. FWIW he said folks around the league don't expect the Jets to be able to keep Holmes. It's like accepted knowledge around the league that he is leaving.

9. hazmat

hazmat New Member

I expect that Braylon and Harris will be back and Cromatie and Holmes will leave. I do expect a salary cap and that Jets will not be able to have that much money locked into WR and CB. After they get Braylon and Harris signed they need to work on Eric and Brad Smith and Pool.

10. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

You're full of shit. Stop posting.

11. The Sanchise

The Sanchise Active Member

ok. we'll see. Hope you're right. :drunk:

12. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

David Harris is a damn good player, but he's not as important as a Holmes and Edwards duo.

I don't want this team to pay a 3-4 inside linebacker tons of cash. It's not worth it.

We already have a ton of money invested into Bart Scott. Our OLBs need to be replaced - the money needs to be spent on other positions.

13. BlueDevil73

BlueDevil73 New Member

How do you replace Harris?

14. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Through free agency or the draft.

It'll will be hard as hell to replace a player like David Harris. He's one of the best run stoppers in the NFL.

15. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Frankly, I can see the Jets asking for some of that money back. He's lost a step or two in the last couple of seasons and it showed today. He's a great leader on this defense but he cannot get it done like we paid him to do. Personally, I'd rather have one of the WRs, a stronger running game, and David Harris than the money it would take to get the two WRs we have on the roster focused on one position. Especially with the talent in this draft.

16. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Too much $$$$.

I'd love to have both. Highly unlikely though.

17. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Who knows what the new cap/labor contract will look like, but that sounds right.

People don't realize what a big whole that will leave on both ends of the ball.

18. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

When was this?

19. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

Whats the point of keeping both if your dipshit asshole offensive coordinator is gonna only throw to them for 1/3 of the game.

Fuck you Shittenheimer!!!

20. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

It'd be nice if Scott took a pay cut, but I can't see that happening.

The #1 receivers are going to be gone by the 30th pick. Holmes/Edwards are better than anyone that will be available when we finally get on the clock. Plus, Sanchez already has chemistry with both of them and they know the offense.

Our running game can only be improved if we bring in another back to pair with Greene. I have a feeling Wayne Hunter and Vladi Ducasse are going to fight it out for Woody's right tackle spot. Matt Slauson played well enough to start again next season.