Schottenheimer and the refs

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by firemanedjr, Jan 23, 2011.

1. PlowKingPatfanatic

PlowKingPatfanatic New Member

Obviously it had to be the ref`s or something other than being beat by a team that played a better game today. Give me a break! I was pulling for the Jets today after they played a lights out game last week against us. I gave credit where credit was due. Take it like a man and stop the blame game, it doesn`t do what your team accomplished this year justice.

2. nyjcanada

nyjcanada Active Member

Yep. Not being able to tackle this guy in the first half was the difference.

3. ColoradoJets

ColoradoJets Member

Yeah, but if the offense did anything in the first half we wouldn't have been down by 24. Schotty is a huge hole in this team.

I'm definitely not blaming the refs but if that was Tom Brady and not Sanchez we all know how that call would've gone. Very close call but loud mouth teams aren't going to get those calls and teams that have owners that suck ref c*ck will get those calls.

4. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Can't complain about it. It was a backward pass if it wasn't a fumble. Becomes a live ball, so it didn't matter what they ruled it.

5. Talisman

Talisman Active Member

this might have been the first game I've seen without a single offensive holding call on either side

6. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

This is a bullshit post. The officiating was not biased. The Jets got as many calls as the Steelers did to keep drives going.

Only losers blame everything else but their team when they lose. The Jets dug themselves a hole that was too deep to get out of. They deserve props for fighting till the end, but they put themselves in the hole in the first place.

7. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Schotty's gameplan absolutely sucked in the first half so no excuses please. You can't come back from 24 points when you don't have any points of your own to work with and his fcked up gameplan in the first half left us with zero points. You can excuse BS all you want, but sometimes, its the planning and not the execution where the issue is. Clock management sucked in both halves. There was NO sense of urgency (2min drill) implemented even in the 3rd qtr when we had momentum. We shut Shittsburg out in the second half but we lost because our execution was shit poor and the planning behind it worse. Blame Rex for alot of this as well as he might be worse than Herm when it comes to clock management.

8. GBA

GBA Well-Known Member

Those two were total horseshit. Sending an elbow at the neck of a sliding QB? How does that not get called?

The fumble by Sanchez and the non-call on the hit on Cotch were the right calls though.

9. BK_Jetsfan

BK_Jetsfan New Member

Fuck Schottenfailure! Fuck the refs and their non calls and bullshit calls! Fuck the D playing like fags in the first half! Fuck life!

10. BK_Jetsfan

BK_Jetsfan New Member

Bullshit! But you're a hating ass pats fan, so I expect no less. The refs didn't lose it, we did, but if you can't admit the officiating sucks, fuck you!

11. firemanedjr

firemanedjr Active Member

I honestly could not believe that wasn't called. It wasn't even a judgment call. It was a blatantly obvious late hit in the middle of the field.

12. nyscene911

nyscene911 Active Member

I'm still amazed that it wasn't call. It was so unbelievably obvious, I'm just up in arms.

And I'm sure we'll still hear during the next week and a half how the NFL is "out to get" James Harrison, right James?

13. ProfJets

ProfJets Well-Known Member

I don't agree; seventeen points spread out over the course of sixty minutes doesn't dig your offense in a hole; seventeen points over the course of thirty minutes digs them in a very deep hole.

14. 3rdAnd15Draw

3rdAnd15Draw Well-Known Member

Since when is the Steelers offense good? Mendenhall sucks and their entire OLine was injured.

15. Daphins

Daphins New Member

gotta say, i thought the officiating as the middle of the road. Nothing outlandish on either side. The fumble as both said goes the same way no matter how it's called. The non-catch by miller on the 6 went your way when it could have gone either. Gotta play to put the game out of the reach of the Ref's. It's not like your team recovered a fumble in the endzone it it was given back to the Steelers on the 1 or anything.

16. GA Jets

GA Jets New Member

I had flash back of the Herm Edward's Defenses that couldn't stop the run. The tackling was awful in the first half, really disappointing...

17. Cromartie's_kid

Cromartie's_kid Well-Known Member

yes you can, they were one sided and disgusting...they did not call any of the atrocious penalties that the steelers committed...the refs should be shot.

18. I just wonder if Ellis would have been called for elbowing Ben in the head after he slid. Or if the Jets would have drawn a few holdings for the double-leg takedowns the Steelers' OL did, quite successfully.

19. sozopol

sozopol Well-Known Member

Nothing lamer than whining about the refs, I'm sorry. You should be embarrassed.

Now Schotty on the other hand--didn't like him today at all. Unprepared poor tempo, and bad play selection. How can anyone even defend him today.

WTF was up with the D in the first half, though too? I dodn't get that. Like they were just burnt out.