Brainlessly bash former Jet employee, Brian Schottenheimer

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by ThunderbirdJet, Sep 14, 2010.

1. AirStrike

AirStrike Member

Now I know where he get's his idiocy and laughable choking from. His joke of a father. SD cut ties, let's follow in their footsteps.

2. Talisman

Talisman Active Member

that was a TERRIBLE game called by schotty tonight. The two TDs came when Nacho + a receiver decided to make a REAL play

3. The Sanchise

The Sanchise Active Member

he's bad behind or in a tight game (like you saw today). Up a couple scores his brilliance might show. That doesn't cut it at this level with the elite.

Need a change here. Schottenheimer will always fall just short like his daddy.

4. GreenHornet27

GreenHornet27 New Member

5 years I have been waiting for this guy to get canned. 5 verrrrry, verrry long years. From year effin' ONE with Pennington at the helm it was clear this guy was lacking in talent in play calling. Year after year since it has gradually gotten worse and become more and more apparent. It was really only a matter of time before his atrocious play calling caught up with the team. Tonight was it. He can not hide from it it anymore, and his play calling really is the reason the team lost. If he is not fired, this team will not get any closer to the superbowl than it did tonight. I no longer feel it is the same old Jets, it is just more of the same old Shittenheimer.

5. Penning10toColes

Penning10toColes Active Member

And then Jets fans will attack the next guy for every interception Sanchez throws. Every offensive coordinator the Jets have ever had has been pretty much loathed by Jets fans. It's just an easy scapegoat. He didn't lose us this game. A horrible first half and some offensive mistakes in execution did. Plus we couldn't stop Pitt on that last do-or-die drive. Did he make some calls I would've done differently? Of course. But ultimately, they moved the ball well, and he deserved credit for that, not blame (as I said previously, Rex deserves as much blame for clock management during those drives, if not more).

6. desert swordz

desert swordz Totally Addicted

I'm not even going to go into play selection.

At this level Schotty can't be blowing that much fucking time just to call a play, in a game where you're trying to come back in the 4th Q.

There were numerous wasted plays, wasted time, and wasted downs there in the 4th due to the fact that the offense didn't have enough time to set up when the play was called.

At this level and at this stage of the playoffs that is unacceptable.

7. Pick6Revis

Pick6Revis New Member

you pass the ball on 3rd and Goal at the one

WHY!

8. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

you are spot on with the timing of the playcalls. you cannot expect your qb to get a play off properly with less than ten seconds on the play clock.

9. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

It's time.

Sadly, Rex was just saying how he was sad he didn't get a head coaching job.

We won't get rid of him despite the 15 fuc*ing straight games without a 1st quarter TD. Oh yeah...and that 4th quarter.

10. SoulFood

SoulFood Active Member

What was the stat? 51 total yards in the first half and 1 rushing, I believe. I do not call that moving the ball well.

11. tank75

tank75 Well-Known Member

FUCKING fire him. seriously, he has to go. there is absolutely no reason for the jets to keep a coach on staff who has no feel for the game whatsoever. he has no idea what the game of football is about, and how it is to be a player on the field. he puts his team in the worst position possible and never gets the offense to flow. there is no rhyme or reason to the offense other than run straight up the middle and guess what; we havent had much success with this at all. you cant expect to win a game when you cant keep up on offense. you need a coordinator who can get his shit together and manage a fucking game. you see a team come on strong, you have to match it. if a coach is consistently failing to call effective plays then why would you keep him around?

player error was fairly small in this game. there are times in which i wish that i could have strangled schotty. when it seemed as though he just wasnt ready with the play when sanchez was calling for it i lost it. look schotty; if you arent 2 or 3 plays ahead of the game you are behind. you have to know things like, short gain, do this, it bust out, do this, etc. if you are overcoming a 24-3 deficit at half you are trying to move downfield as quickly as possible. not lollygagging around wondering what play they might not be expecting this time.

now i want to know what makes schotty think that trick plays will work right at the beginning of the game? dont you need to have them looking for something to commit to for the trick to work? do you really think that down a touchdown in first is a good time to call a reverse? where was shonne in the firs half? did he get to the game late? why did you wait till 4th down to try and run it in before that safety?

there are so many things done terribly wrong, its clear that rex will never win as long as schotty is on staff.

12. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

The TD off the fumble at the end of the first half was the last nail in the coffin. Still, if OC doesn't choke on that goal line situation we have a bit more of a fighting chance. We ended up getting very lucky with the safety right after that. It would have ended very differently otherwise. He isn't the only reason we lost tonight, but its EGREGIOUS to choke when he did. I have tried to have faith in him over the season. He has his moments of brilliance, but its gonna be hard to forget that series for a long time now.

13. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

Hey junc.....you were wrong again...Schotty is a pile of dogsnot.

14. tank75

tank75 Well-Known Member

and didnt we used to just blame the qb?

15. Penning10toColes

I was clearly talking about the second half. If you're upset about the first half performance you should call for Pettine's head as well.

16. Penning10toColes

Well that's a little more levelheaded. But Greene still should've punched it in and Keller was open. They were weird play calls but they didn't completely doom us. We lost because of the fumble/TD return, the goal line stop, and the 3rd down conversion at the end of the game (I may be missing one or two), in addition to total incompetence in the first half. I want him back. He made Sanchez a great QB, and I have no idea how a new coordinator would affect the decisions of the WRs to come back. Continue the witch hunt though. I look forward to next season's Fire ________ threads.

17. SoulFood

SoulFood Active Member

You can't even try to tell me we wouldn't have scored by running the ball twice from the 2. Pettine made no such blatantly idiotic call as Schotty did. When you are THAT stupid and it costs your team a game (especially one to go to the Super Bowl), it should cost you a job. Plain and simple.

18. ColoradoJets

ColoradoJets Member

Please change thread title to NEVER STOP with the brainless Schottenheimer bashing.
    Thanks, that will make me feel better.

19. Talisman

Talisman Active Member

I have a sad, sinking feeling that we're going to have these same Schotty arguments next season....

20. Penning10toColes

We should've scored anyway. The difference in probabilities between the two scenarios is minimal; LT should've/would've scored on 4th down, and Keller should've gotten a better ball from Sanchez before that. They weren't my calls, but they weren't horrible, awful, Forrest Gump calls.