Jets-Steelers AFC Championship discussion thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Vorrecht, Jan 16, 2011.

1. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

I'll say I'm disappointed the teams not going to the Superbowl, but i'm proud of the jets for being in the Championship game two years running, I'm proud of the team for shooting down both the colts and the patriots, and I'm proud of the team for not folding in the second half and making a game of it and having a chance to win the game IF they had made a stop on that last drive.

As with any loss there are alot of what ifs, what if the Jets score a TD instead of a safety? What if two of the dropped interceptions weren't dropped. What If the Jets hadsn't given the Steelers two first downs when the jets should have received the ball.

But in the end, the team that played better won, I congratulate the Steelers, and the Jets gave a performance that I don't have to be ashamed of as a whole. (though I'll paper bag myself for the performance of the first half).

2. Jetserella

Jetserella New Member

cuz pretenders don't make it to the AFCCG 2 years in a row... pretenders are one and done in the playoffs...it just wasn't our game today

3. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

The Buffalo Bills lost how many Super Bowls again???

4. milcus

milcus Well-Known Member

The better team simply did not win. I fucking hate the refs and Brian Schottenheimer so much. Those group of cock-suckers can all rot in hell.

This is as disappointing as the Bronco game because we were the better team. Fuck.

5. titan999

titan999 Active Member

So very painful. This team just cannot get over the hump.

It's even more painful that that slug Roethlisberger goes to another SB. I'm sure that we will have to endure many stories about how he's now a great guy and has been redeemed because his team won.

The first addition to next year's team should be the subtraction of Schotty.

6. Sanc

Sanc New Member

getting 2 the afc champ. means nothing
    this team sucks

7. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

I can't take this anymore...I think I am done...

8. RPOZ51

RPOZ51 Well-Known Member

This loss sucks just as much as any other playoff loss we've ever had, and I've seen them all.

9. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

I thought this was the year. I got suckered in again.

I really wanted this for me and my Dad. *Sigh*

10. PatsFan2003

PatsFan2003 Member

I think you gave the Steelers a real run for their money in the 2nd half. The Jets had their chances but couldn't quite pull it out. It was close though. Coming back from a 24 point deficit is pretty to do against a strong D. Letting the Steelers run like that in the 1st half was a killer.

I think the Jets had played an almost perfect game against the Patriots and it's hard to keep playing at that level. That was a factor imo although not the only one obviously.

11. BleedJetsGreen1981

BleedJetsGreen1981 Well-Known Member

This fucking hurts. We showed up big time the second. Couldn't stop the run for shit in the first half. Someday soon we'll have our day in the sun and when we do we will bask in it baby.

12. 1968jetsfan

I won't argue they need a better first half plan, especially first quarter based on the whole season, but that's not the point. The point is the comment about being a pretender. A pretender is a team that doesn't deserve to be where they are, the Jets deserved to be in the Championship game, no pretending about that.

But the Steelers performed better and had a better plan. If you want to argue that the jets need to improve their performance to start a game then yes you have my whole hearted agreement. If you want to blame a poor first half coaching plan and poor first half execution You'll have my whole hearted agreement. If you want to argue the Jets were pretenders who didn't deserve to be in the Championship game, or wouldn't have deserved to win the game if they had won it, I'll argue that point until the dogs come home.

13. TorontoJETSfan

TorontoJETSfan New Member

Team wasn't ready to give it in the first half. Defence was on the field way to long...

Horrible playcalling in the second half. that 3rd and 1 throw at the goalline ... wtf.

It's really hard to continue to be optimistic .... but the future is bright.

14. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

I didn't see anything horribly bad about the officiating. We beat ourselves in the first half. The Steelers came out and played a great 1st half. It was just not enuff in the end.

15. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

I've just decided...I'm done....it's the AFC championship game...to not even show UP in the first half...un-excusable...not injuries...not nothing...NOTHING...Period...what the the fuck ever....they can all kiss my ass on the left side...they should be TREMENDOUSLY ashamed of themselves....end of story. If they even tackled HALF well there wouldn't be this...no Ben Raplis-burger gets another shot...I hope the Packers destroy these fucks...period.

16. RLUCAS4137

RLUCAS4137 Member

same here man. same here

17. milcus

milcus Well-Known Member

Really, when the Steelers can hold on every fucking play and the refs literally give them 7 points, its hard to say its not on the officials. They are the Steelers MVP. The difference between the Steelers losing and winning, easily..

18. eyedea

eyedea Active Member

DUDE ARE YOU SERIOUS??? PRREETTEENNNDERREESSS all the way, WINNER WIN GAMES AND WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS PRETENDERS TALK SHIT AND LOSE BIG GAMES...

19. 1968jetsfan

Well that's the end of the football season for me.

We'll see if there's a season in 2011 or not, and if there's a draft in 2011 or not.

To those who mean the AFC championship two years in a row means nothing, I'll disagree. It's disappointing, and it's not winning it all. but it's a hell of alot better than missing the post season year after year or being one and done year after year.
    After all, if you get to the championship game atleast you had a chance, if your sitting at home watching the playoffs you have no chance at all.

20. eyedea

eyedea Active Member

stop blaming the refs, jets played like absolute shit in the 1st half that's the difference in the game.