What This Game Really Means

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Wahoo, Jan 23, 2011.

1. Wahoo

Wahoo Well-Known Member

I'm going out of my head right now. You will all think I'm crazy, but the last time I felt like this was when my wife went into the hospital to give birth to my kid. Its different than last year - last year they were playing with house money. This year is the real thing, especially after all the nonsense that went on, like the fates just don't want Jet fans to be happy. You young guys that always get on me about criticizing the team - you just can't know what it has been to suffer for over 4 decades with a team you put your heart and soul into. I remember watching SB 3 with my dad, how great it was, how happy we and the whole damn city was. We thought, we got Joe Willie, we're gonna win forever! Then came the loss to KC the next year, Joe's injuries and the team just faded away. Growing up, so many of my friends stopped being Jet "fans", and became Cowboy, or Steeler, or 49er, or Raider fans, and they would mock me and my sad team. Went I asked my dad about rooting for another team, he said that no, we were Jet fans, that loyalty means something, even if its painful. Then the Giants started to win championships, to make things even harder. The pain of the Mud Bowl, the Cleveland game, and then, of course, 1998. I remember my dad after that game, shaking his head, saying "they broke my heart again." Like I said, I don't know if the younger guys understand this, but guys like Champ69 and some other oldtimers know what I mean. Yea, its just football, but its not. Com'on Jets, don't break our hearts again.

2. onefanjet

onefanjet Well-Known Member

Amen, Amen, And Amen.....

3. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

Purchase a keyboard with an "enter" key

4. kevin609

kevin609 New Member

This. Is. Our. Year.

5. ScotlandJet

ScotlandJet New Member

Thinking the same thing. This is our time.

6. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Some say, "why do you like sports so much? It's so pointless, lol". The time invested into the Jets specifically, the 'point is not less', I can guarantee you that.

7. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

8. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

As a lifelong fan I've been through some suffering, I've been ostracized, but I'm only 20 years old. (Grammar school was particularly tough) I can't imagine four decades of it, though I know I would have gone through it all. I always think of the old guys when we start to look promising. Lots of respect to the fans who have been here unwavering, we deserve a win today.

9. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

MB Don't be a turd in the punchbowl, Your better then that :)