Jets-Steelers AFC Championship discussion thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Vorrecht, Jan 16, 2011.

1. James Calvin

James Calvin Banned

I have a feeling we might use part of that game plan on O.

2. James Calvin

James Calvin Banned

Seriously. Golden Rod? That sounds like some fancy dildo.

Even yellow is less gay than Golden Rod.

3. HighFlyingJets

Anyone know the latest injury report surrounding the Steelers?

If I remember correctly, Pittsburgh lost two starters on the O-Line last week vs the Ravens. Both should be expected to play right? Have they both been getting practice reps leading up to the game?

Also, what about their #2 CB in Mcfadden? Has he been getting reps? Is he expected to play?

4. SteelCurtain96

SteelCurtain96 Active Member

It's not about the yards and touchdowns and overall stats he puts up. Heath Miller was being used very poorly early in the year. Our o-coordinator Arians is a total dumbass. The last few weeks, Miller has been put into the gameplan a lot more and he made some big plays in the Ravens game last week.

Heath also put up huge numbers last year so he is more than capable of doing the job.

And for those saying the Jets could crush the Steelers if they play their A game. I think we saw some of your best on offense back in December and you didn't crush us. The odds of this game being a blowout are very slim.

5. Jets Dan

Jets Dan New Member

F*** yes!

:jets:

6. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

Dear Lord:

JETS fans are not perfect, yet we are loyal. We only ask for your help. We have made mistakes, we have let you down at times but in total, I believe we are good. We are here and we are together.

These are great fans, great people and I believe it is our time. For all the JETS fans I have ever met, we are bonded by our love for Gang Green. I want this for them so much more than me.

PLEASE be with us on Sunday..

Read this in another website.

7. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

1. Defensively, I think it all depends on how we stop the bunch formation. By personnel set up, it IS a passing formation, but Steelers offense has been very effective running the ball with it - I was somewhat surprised to find them pulling TE and RG all the way to the left side for a sweep play - and it still worked. Obviously Jets cannot go run-heavy against this formation; Ben will (and he did) audible out of the bunch and go into shotgun. I am expecting another heavy dose of 3-3-5 nickel this game, and the role fringe players play here (Marquice Cole/Ihedigbo/Drew Coleman etc) will be of prime importance. They should be able to cover like a DB should be able to (which is a given) but they should be able to roam the line and attack the rusher (basically, become a linebacker) if Mendenhall rushes the ball.

2. Offensively... I haven't got a faintest clue. Schotty is like a Jekyll and Hyde; he turns up a good plan one week, then stinks up to the high heavens the next week. I would like to think that, Polamalu or not, the weakest part of that defense is the secondary. With that said, going pass-happy offense is the death nell for this offense. They must stay true to their identity. I would think that if the three flight boys can contribute with a handful of big plays, then the game should be within reach. Running game should be a vehicle that makes the big plays happen, not the final finisher of the game.

3. The game should be, again very close. I do think Steelers special team sucks a big donkey ball, and here Jets must establish an absolute superiority. If all goes as planned, Jets offense will drive down for 30-40 yards, and kick a FG. Ben will be forced to drive the length of the field, and fail more often than not. As long as there is no turnover involved, it should be something like 17-14 affair. I'd hope Jets win the game, and I am cautiously optimistic about it (due to the stark difference in ST performance).

#467 Zach, Jan 22, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2011
  8. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

While I agree the odds of this game being a blow out in either direction are very very slim. I disagree that the Steelers saw anything near our best offense. We came into the game with a severe touchdown drought on O. The Jets played alright on offense but in no way our best effort, they can play alot better than they did on my birthday:smile:. Will they? That is another story.

9. milcus

milcus Well-Known Member

Career-wise he is a 35 yard per game player. Unless the plan is to get him 100 yards, which would hurt your team, I still dont get the hype about Miller.

And huge numbers for Miller is what 49 yards a game and a 6 TD year? Again, I am not sure why Steeler fans seem to think this guy will make that much of a difference.

As for a blowout, I agree. I dont think it will be a blowout, but I am saying the Jets have the tools to blow the Steelers out, whereas the Steelers dont. And, that was far from the Jets best game on offense. The offense had no rhythm coming off the Pats/Dolphins games, and really didn't do much aside from a bootleg by Sanchez and 100 yards on the ground. The offense can do a lot better than that.

10. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

Steelers rush defense is good

But so is the jets offensive line. Let's run the ball on these fucks. I hope Shonn Greene mows over Polamolecules

11. 624

624 Banned

oh.

filler

12. IATA

IATA Trolls

You keep trying to make these funny threads and keep missing.

13. vilmatic

vilmatic Active Member

Reese's peanut butter cups are sweet, but salty.

14. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

How the hell is this supposed to be funny? I'm trying to hype our rush offense after hearing about this legendary defense the steelers have all week.

15. Coastal Steeler

Most of your posts are about fags and fancy dildoes. Makes a guy think you are a little light in your loafers. Just saying

16. James Calvin

James Calvin Banned

I'm not wearing loafers, Dick.

#476 James Calvin, Jan 22, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2011
  17. Coastal Steeler

That is my name. You just want one

18. James Calvin

James Calvin Banned

No thanks, I have my own.

Dick.

#478 James Calvin, Jan 22, 2011