Jets-Steelers AFC Championship discussion thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Vorrecht, Jan 16, 2011.

1. SteelCurtain96

SteelCurtain96 Active Member

The Jets win over the Steelers wasn't necessarily a fluke. Our offenses and defenses are very evenly matched, you guys have the edge on special teams, which proved to be the difference in that game.

Even still, we almost won the game because of what I consider the biggest difference maker in this game. Big Ben led them down the field but Matt Spaeth couldn't execute.

Both teams have a lot to be confident about and I think this will be a very close game. As others have mentioned in other threads, this game is going to come down to who makes more mistakes. The Steelers have a lot of rookies at wide receiver and in our return game. I'll admit that concerns me a bit.

2. James Calvin

James Calvin Banned

Nobody has mentioned this yet and it may be the deciding factor in this game.

Only fags wear yellow pants. Think about it. The steelers pants make them look faggy.

3. SteelCurtain96

SteelCurtain96 Active Member

Really dude? Really?

4. Dexter Morgan

Dexter Morgan New Member

I guess for discussions sake, it's all been covered. Digging deep for some new chatter with a day and a half to go.

5. James Calvin

James Calvin Banned

Exactly......

6. James Calvin

James Calvin Banned

But seriously...

I would like to see the Jets take a lot of 5 to 10 yard passes. Quick timing patterns to negate the rush. Sanchez is way more accurate in that range (who isn't). It could open the running game up more, and move chains.

I only saw part of the pats/steelers game, but what I remember looked like Brady dinked them to death.

7. Diabolical_Jet_Fan

Diabolical_Jet_Fan Well-Known Member

Come on now, we exactly don't look intimidating sporting green pants.

8. James Calvin

James Calvin Banned

Well, one shouldn't wear white pants after Labor Day.

9. mattbrw08

mattbrw08 Banned

Steelers have the most intimidating jerseys in the NFL, Iowa Hawkeyes copied their jerseys because they wanted to look intimidating as well. But in saying this, its not "yellow", they are "gold".

10. rholt168

rholt168 Active Member

Hines Ward was on 1050 and said that no one expected the Steelers to be here, everyone had the Jets representing the AFC. Where did this retard get that from?

11. James Calvin

James Calvin Banned

Sorry to piss in your easter basket. The Saints pants are gold. The Saints wear Black and Gold.

The Packers colors are Green and yellow and their pants are the same color as the steelers.

Yellow is Yellow no matter what the fuck you want to call it. And no one has been intimidated by the sight of men in tight yellow pants in the history of the universe. And Iowa Sucks too. Corn holers.

Look at real gold. Then look at the steelers 'gold". I'll make it easier for you.

Here's a visual aid(s).... Look at the letters on this jersey.

[​IMG]

The name "GAY" is clearly spelled out in Yellow letters Not gold.

What makes you feel worse- that fact that you've been lied to all of these years about the "Black and Gold" shit? Or the fact that you never learned your colors right in school? Or the fact that it took someone on a Jets site to point out that you don't know your colors and have been lied to all your life?

/rant off.

#451 James Calvin, Jan 22, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2011
  12. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

black and gold is the Saints.

13. rholt168

rholt168 Active Member

It's called Black and Yellow for a reason. And those yellow terrible towels.

14. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

somebody needs to do some "gene splicing" on Hines Ward.....to find out how this chindian hyena ascended to a probowl caliber player in the NFL.

In addition, I hope Bart Scott punches that fruity smile right off his face tomorrow

[​IMG]

15. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

lol ill burn those towels. Who the fuck waves yellow flags around in the air like an idiot?

its like the gay parade is coming. wth.

16. James Calvin

James Calvin Banned

He looks like a fat fucking Tiger Woods. Without the fucking.

17. Steeler Tim

Steeler Tim New Member

You people are full of mis-information. The Steeler colors are black and goldenrod. They have shortened the name to black and gold. It's not really that complicated.

I don't care what color the Jets fans call it when the Steelers run past them. :up:

18. milcus

milcus Well-Known Member

Honestly, you are one of the few objective Steeler fans I have seen. Most seem to think this will be a cakewalk for the Steelers, and I honestly have no clue why. The Jets are literally clearly better, or just as good, at every position aside from QB and Safety (even though I am one who believes that Polamalu is an over-rated player who makes about 5 big plays a year and is treated as though he is Ed Reed or Clay Mathews for no reason).

I have said it for a week now, if the Steelers win, it will be by no more than 3-7 points. The Jets on the other hand can easily blow the Steelers out if they bring their 'A' game.

Oh, and here is a tendency, since I am a big believer in that. Since 1990, no team in the AFC that has lost the AFC Championship game the year before has lost it twice in a row. Not 1. And guess who lost it last year?

Finally, I just dont think a TE who average 30 yards a game and has 2 TD is much of a difference. If our safeties can handle Tamme and the legend known as Gronk, I think they can handle Miller. And as mentioned, I am not one of those people that gets on his knees over Polamalu because his stats say to do the exact opposite. So, if the Jets beat the Steelers with zero momentum without those 2 guys, if the Jets bring even their 'B+' game, it could get ugly.

19. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

I believe Calvin was saying something about this team being faggy? Well if that doesn't prove it...

Pittsburgh delenda est.

20. ironcity

ironcity New Member

Absolutely, he always does...death by a thousand paper cuts. Our CB's play 10 yds off of the ball typically.