What is the biggest bandwagon franchise in the NFL

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jerseyjet0912, Jan 20, 2011.

?

Biggest Bandwagon team

1. Cowboys

107 vote(s)
    34.7%
  2. Packers

5 vote(s)
    1.6%
  3. Steelers

37 vote(s)
    12.0%
  4. Patriots

149 vote(s)
    48.4%
  5. Other

10 vote(s)
    3.2%
  1. ProfJets

ProfJets Well-Known Member

I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy.

2. steves850

steves850 Active Member

I would....

3. Trifco

Trifco New Member

In México it's Cowboys since I remember, which is the 70s.

And if you didn't want to be a huge bandwagonner, you were supposed to support the Steelers. So, that was our choice, join the obvious bandwagon of the Cowboys, or join the Steeler's bandwagon so you were not called a bandwagoner (in that escenario I'm guilty of supporting the steelers).

Nobody cared about Jets (or Packers or Pats) back then. That's why I choose to support Jets (AFC) and Packers (NFC) (yes, I'm used to like them both, sorry for that) since back in the 80s.

Now, the Pats are another huge bandwagon (not as big as Cowboys vs Steelers) but big anyway, just like they've been the 49ers, the Raiders and the Dolphins before.

And -luckily or sadly- since TVAzteca has followed Mark every single week since he was at USC, the Jets are starting to be another bandwagon.
    Good thing is that we get a pretty good coverage about the Jets, including like 80% of the games live; bad thing is we can't celebrate a couple of good seasons without being called bandwagoners.

In few words, mexican bandwagons:

1. Cowboys
    2. Steelers
    3. Raiders
    4. Pats
    5. 49ers, Dolphins
    6. Jets?

Nobody in here cares about Green Bay.

#63 Trifco, Jan 21, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2011
  4. Brick

Brick Member

Lions fan, maybe not. Browns fan - any Steelers fan who abuses Brown fans on a regular basis deserves that in spades.

My Steeler hatred on TGG is part of a three-pronged strategy:

- Fire up the Jet fans and not have a complete hate letdown after last week.
    - Get the Steeler trolls banned or to just go away.
    - Purge enough Steeler hatred from my system before Sunday so I don't say something to get my ass gang pummeled on Sunday at Heinz.

5. Zedsdead

Zedsdead New Member

I never seen nothing like the Jets/Broncos AFC bandwagon. I was only about 15 then but I remember years before watchings those two atrocious seasons knowing we suck but just holding out for one singular win and nobody wanted to be involved with the Jets as far as they eye could see..
    Fast forward I was going to the supermarket to pick up snacks for the AFC Championship game and walking with my father and it was like someone had airdropped Jets fans clones all wearing Chrebet jerseys on the Metropolitan area.
    Frontrunners can never be avoided in any sport. Me personally I enjoy the lumps taken as both a Mets & Jets fan because it makes moments like Sunday that much more euphoric.

6. YankeeSteel

YankeeSteel Banned

You guys are just jealous that the Steelers have more fans in NYC and NJ than the Jets normally do. Our following is worldwide, and it's a family thing. Bandwagon? I don't think so. WE ALWAYS stick with our team.

7. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Tell us about how you became a Steelers fan. How old were you what year was it, where did you live and why did you pick the steelers?

8. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

Without a doubt it is the Patriots. At least the other teams listed have a history prior to the year 2000. The Patriots "mystique" was bolstered by ESPN and the media to sickening levels.

9. WhiteShoeWillis

The best thing about the Pats bandwagon is that it's already shrinking. Another first round playoff loss or failure to make the playoffs should do wonders in blowing it to shreds.

10. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

I voted Cowboys, but jesus, IMO it is and always will be Miami.

Colors that girls like, team name that is an animal that girls like, and we're talking about the key demographic of a bandwagon fan; GIRLS

Even if they're anatomically not girls....

Plus, they are over rated year after year after year after fucking year - because of these bandwagon fans. Wait 'til they make the playoffs again (don't hold your breath) and that bandwagon will come back out of storage.

Makes me sick.

GO JETS!!!!!!!!!

11. YankeeSteel

YankeeSteel Banned

27 and grew up in upstate NY. Became a Steelers in 1996, and have loved them since then. Favorite players? Greg Lloyd, Kevin Greene, Levon Kirkland, Louis Lipps, Rod Woodson, etc, etc. Last time I checked didn't we ALWAYS annihilate the Jets in the 90s? Through the shitty Stewart years, the bad AFC Championship loses, controversies, and other crazy things have happened with this team. I picked this team because NY doesn't have a true football team at all. Everyone plays in Jersey, and no one wants to be a loser Bills fan. Sorry if I like the Steelers! Maybe you should wave a terrible towell around, and a get a feel for what a winner is like.

12. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

YankeeSteel? LOL. Are the Lakers your NBA team? You like North Carolina basketball and USC football? I betcha you don't like them the other way around. You know, North Carolina football and USC basketball.
    I'm sure you just lucked into the Yankees and Steelers. You liked the Yankees logo better than the Mets on when you were 3 years old.

JetPirate would impress me. YankeeSteel- no. YankeeSteel- gutless. JetPirate- balls.

____

You Steelers clowns do not always stick with your team. Heinz Field was at least half empty when the Steelers were getting bitchslapped by Cleveland in their 2002 playoff game. So much for the diehard Steelers fans. It was more like give-up-early Steelers fans. (Of course, the Steelers made a huge comeback and won that game.)

13. YankeeSteel

YankeeSteel Banned

Yankees, Steelers, Penguins, Knicks. Bandwagon I don't think so.

14. YankeeSteel

YankeeSteel Banned

So what if someone wants to be a Yankees and Steelers fan or a Red Sox and Steelers fan. They love winners, and will do anything to see their teams play. The Mets? BWAHAHAHAHA!!! Sorry but my NL team is the Phillies, and it's joyous to watch them beat the Mets on a yearly basis. :)

15. WhiteShoeWillis

You picked the Steelers when you were 27? When they went to the superbowl? Who did you like before that?

This is smelling like super bandwagon.

If you said you picked them when you were 9 because your dad was a fan, I'd be OK with it. But when you were 27? The first year they went back to the superbowl in over a decade? Bandwagon.

16. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Brick, are you just looking at old Steelers names on their website and saying you liked them?

Lipps' final season in Pittsburgh was 1991. You wrote you became a Steelers fan in 1996, but listed Lipps as one of your favorites. Huh?

The Steelers only beat the Jets two times in the '90s (1990 and 1992).

You are from upstate New York. You are 27 but became a Steelers fan at 13. Who did you like before 1996? I betcha it was the Bills.

17. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Yankees and Phillies? LMAO. You are a completely gutless bandwagon geek.

18. jerseyjet0912

jerseyjet0912 Banned

i have more respect for bills fans that are loyal than you picking a winning team

19. YankeeSteel

YankeeSteel Banned

LOL Ehhh picked them because they were good, and NO ONE in Upstate NY was a fucking Jets fan EVER. No offense but you guys are suffering from some sort of inferiority complex. Why is that? You watched the Steelers, Pats, and Colts dominate your team and the NFL for this past decade. It must be painful also knowing that the NY Giants your "Arch" rivals beat the Patriots in the biggest upstate ever in a superbowl. Why I picked the Steelers? Impressionable kid, and was looking for a great team to cheer for.

20. WhiteShoeWillis

I'm not suffering from anything. This has nothing to do with me. It's about you being a complete bandwagon fan.

Who did you like prior to switching to the Steelers at 27?

And it's funny - I grew up in upstate around plenty of Jets fans. That's how I became one.

The Giants are our arch rivals?? You don't know much about football do you?