Lose This Week, and Pats Game Means Nothing?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ThunderbirdJet, Jan 19, 2011.

1. SteelCurtain96

SteelCurtain96 Active Member

I'm not sure how you can say you have more talent than any of the other teams. I think the Steelers and Jets are both equally talented.

2. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

agree. These teams are even in terms of playmakers.

Its going to come down to who makes the least mistakes.

3. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

I am hardly saying that losing would not make me miserable, nor am I saying it made the season.

What I am saying is that going into next year, the Pats no longer have to be feared. That is the lasting legacy no matter what happens. That is my point... the mystique of the Patriots has been broken. Maybe forever.

It's like the kid who had nightmares about the monster in the closet. There was no monster, but for as long as that kid beleived it was there, it was real.

Wins this sweet don't happen often. I haven't moved on, I'm still enjoying it, and will do so until 6pm on Sunday. As a fan, I can bask in the afterglow. It's the players that have to move on. If you aren't still enjoying this win, you are cheating yourself.

It's the players who have to remember what Byrd told them. "This is your moment, your time."

4. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

Last year we were content with the team making it to the AFC championship game. We had the lead and momentum going into the half, but that 2 min drive and td by Manning gave the Colts new life and the momentum they needed to win. Not to mention Greene gets injured and TJ runs out of gas.

Although it was great making it to the AFC championship, we got too close to advance. Too close to the Super Bowl.

This year we have to advance. 'Opportunity has never knocked this hard'.. 'Expectations have never been higher'.. 'One goal as an organization, to win a Super Bowl.' The fact is, is that it is so difficult to reach this plateau and to get this close again. To slip would be a damn shame. Whatever it takes. We have to win this game, we have to advance.

5. SteelCurtain96

You just never know when the next Super Bowl appearance will come. Ray Lewis surely has to think he would have a second SB appearance by now.

6. DRC™

DRC™ Active Member

Maybe not completely nothing, but close to it

I care more about winning a SB than beating the Pats

7. milcus

milcus Well-Known Member

Considering we are where we were last year, a loss is a failure for this team. It would be one thing if we were running into an unbeatable team, but there are 3 beatable teams left. If the Jets dont finish, last week will mean nothing.

8. steves850

steves850 Active Member

Making it the AFCCG is just pointless right?

Many teams make it to the AFCCG by beating teams on the road two years in a row right?

Well it will be disappointing but it will not "mean nothing."

This is stupid.

9. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

I agree with this.

10. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

Strange responses.... everyone seems to think I'm saying I'm totally satisfied now, and that could not be farther from the truth. Most of you have completely missed the point. When was the last time the Jets won a big game at Foxboro?

This is and will remain a step towards dominating the division for next year and beyond. That doesn't mean shit? That we can go into Foxboro and make Belichick and Brady look bad?

I didn't say this made the season. I said that this win means more than nothing even if we lose. It means the Pats dominance over us is done. History. Past tense. And yes, I'm gonna put that win in the bank. It isn't spent money. It is the beginning of dominating our own division. In fact, it's the benchmark for a new era of the Jets owning the AFC East.

And because of that, it will never be meaningless.

11. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

It's a Great Game... Like the MNF Miracle. The Obrien / Marino shootout.

One for the ages.

The highest peak most Jets fans have seen...

But, yeah, the SUPER BOWL... oh. my.

I just might have an emotional break down.

12. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

It doesn't mean that at all.

Every season is a new chapter... The Pats are young and have like 12 Draft picks.

They are going to be there.. I'm very hopeful the Jets are too.

The next battle in Foxboro is a dogfight regardless of this weeks game.....

It was an awesome game maybe the biggest of my life..

But, now the stakes are raised. And We're ALL IN.....

Lose now and we can talk all about that great hand played Vs the Pats but we'd be OUT.

13. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

I actually disagree, hence my previous statement. I feel the Jets are the most talented team all around. If Sanchez had the experience of Big Ben, we would be the heavy favorite. since he doesn't we aren't.

I think we are the more talented team, particularly offensively. The Steelers just happen to have a top 5 QB with plenty of playoff experience, which evens things out for the purpose of the game. But in terms of talent, I firmly believe we have the edge.

14. SteelCurtain96

Pro Bowlers past and present on this roster.

Ben Roethlisberger
    Hines Ward
    Heath Miller
    Maurkice Pouncey
    James Harrison
    LaMarr Woodley
    James Farrior
    Troy Polamalu
    Aaron Smith
    Brett Keisel
    Casey Hampton

Doesn't even include future pro bowlers Lawrence Timmons, Mike Wallace, Possibly Ziggy Hood.

Sanchez is talented no doubt but he's not as accurate as Ben is. Maybe as he develops he'll surpass Roethlisberger but I don't see it just yet.

Your cornerbacks are definitely more talented, no denying that.

You also have more overall talent on your O-Line.

Overall though...the teams match up pretty damn even in talent.

15. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

I not only want a berth in the Super Bowl...I want the Jets to win it...obviously.

Anything less would be a disappointment.

But I wouldn't get pissed if we lost....because I know, under Rex Ryan, the Jets are a proven perennial contender. The culture in Florham Park is now a "winning" culture....they'll continue to get better every year.

16. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Pouncey made the bowl?

Cool. I loved him coming out of college.

17. pittguy578

pittguy578 New Member

Who really cares about Pro-Bowls etc? Pats won with no names. Most important thing is playing as a team, and I think both of these teams are true "teams" in every sense of the word..not just a bunch of talented individuals with egos.

18. SteelCurtain96

First rookie center in something like 40 years I think to make the Pro Bowl. He's crazy good.

19. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

oh I know haha. I wanted him at Guard for the Jets. Slauson's played very well this year, but Pouncey is a special player.

Our interior line would be incredible.

20. TonyIommi

TonyIommi Active Member

You do know that if you lose, you have won nothing? You lost the division by 3 games. Now you are going to dominate it for 10 years? You need to go to the SB to make the season successful. If you think the Patriots are going to be weaker next year, you're nuts. In my opinion, if the Jets don't win the SB this year, the Patriots will hoist their 4th before the Jets raise their second.