Lose This Week, and Pats Game Means Nothing?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ThunderbirdJet, Jan 19, 2011.

1. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

I have heard both fat boy and Kay say this, along with some others. If we lose to Pittsburgh, the Pats win means nothing.

I could not disagree more.

For one thing, it will never change how freakin awsome I've felt this week. The pure joy of dismantling the Pats in their house will never dimish the game for me, no matter what happens from here on out.

Secondly, the mystique and invinsibility of Belichick and Brady at Foxboro is dead and buried for the Jets and Jets fans, maybe forever. We no longer have to fear playing NE on the road.

For people who aren't Jets fans, sure, I see why they would say the win means nothing if we don't get to the Super Bowl, but not for me. I was 15 years old in 1970 for Super Bowl III, and this win felt every bit as good as that one did.

The Patriots haunted me. We could just never beat them in the biggest games. Last year, only when the Ravens beat them did I think we had a chance to win the AFC Championship. They just had our number, we could never beat them in their house. Well, not any more, and that win will always be a very big win for this franchise and it's life long fans. It will never be lost in obsurity. Not for me.

2. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Nothing? No.

Diminished? Yeah.

Shit...it's diminished if we win this week.

3. TommyJ

TommyJ Well-Known Member

consider the two sources, kay and fatty, say no more.
    fuck 'em all, short, fat, and tall.
    I was 4 years old when the jets won the superbowl. i was fairly incoherent. i knew something good was going on because my family was screaming and jumping around,. but at 4 years old i really wasn;t fully dialed in yet.
    I am nothing but grateful for these last two years, any thoughts to the contrary and one should be under observation in a psychiatric ward.

4. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

Was it a great win? Yes.

However, the goal of the season is to win the Super Bowl, not beat the Patriots. We may remember it as a great game in our history, but in the grand scheme of things, yes it'll mean nothing.

5. SteelCurtain96

SteelCurtain96 Active Member

Super Bowl or bust....that has to be the mantra for either of our teams.

6. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

Guess the Steelers win over the Ravens is gonna mean nothing then

7. steves850

steves850 Active Member

IF we lose I'm fuckin blaming Thunderbirdjet!

8. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

It'll always be a nice memory, but the only way to ever "catch" the Patriots is by winning championships.

9. REVIS ISLAND 619

REVIS ISLAND 619 New Member

Super Bowl or BUST! let's go!!

10. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

After the season we can discuss whether some wins were bigger than others, but I've moved on from the Pats game. I want the Jets to beat the Steelers and then win the Super Bowl. That's all I want to focus on and riding that train it is fun as Hell. Why even think about losing right now? We have a 25% chance to win it all! Bring on the Steelers!

11. jets4lyfah

jets4lyfah Banned

repeat trips to the AFCCG shouldn't be taken lightly

12. SteelCurtain96

SteelCurtain96 Active Member

Don't mean crap without a ring. I'm not trying to be an elitist. All that matters are championships.

13. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

25% if we were having names drawn from a hat. Since we have more talent than anybody left, we have the highest chance. We also know that if we play our best game, nobody in the league can beat us.

Pittsburgh Delenda Est.

14. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

It will diminish it a bit and be hugely disappointing if they don't win. I think this year, the Jets have a more legitimate chance then last year. They slayed 2 beasts and now have a 3rd.

As disappointed as I was last year, I still felt good about the season because of how far they came with a rookie QB, at 1 point they were 4-6.

This season they finally beat, arguably the 2 best QB's of the last 20 years. 2 QB's that historically Rex couldn't beat with any regularity, if at all. Its imperative that they win this game, who knows, the Jets may never have an opportunity of this magnitude again.

15. albano12

albano12 New Member

Heeellll NO, Pats game is huge. I'm happy with this season even if we lose Sunday, of course SUPER BOWL OR BUST!! but if we lose we shoved it in Brady's and Belichick's face. We beat there asses, and all Jets fans should be god damn crazy because of it. It feels great to beat them when everyone didn't believe in us.

16. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

Agreed, but I didn't want to anger the trolls. It's better if they stay under the bridge.

17. REVIS ISLAND 619

REVIS ISLAND 619 New Member

Time to put the critics to rest. Time to sieze the opportunity. Time to give it their all for the fans! Letd go! I'm so excited.

18. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

The Pats win was amazing. Just amazing.
    However, if we lose this week, it's a good win in another season where we didn't win a Championship.

We can't settle. This could/should/will be our year. Free agency and injuries make you worry. You never know when we will get back to where we are now.

19. Jets42long

Jets42long Member

Wrong thread

20. Patriot Reign

Patriot Reign New Member

When the Red Sox came back to beat the Yankees in the 2004 ALCS following years of humiliation at their hands, it was the greatest feeling in the world for me. That said, had they failed to beat the Cardinals it would have greatly diminished the joy we all felt.

It has been many years since the Jets could legitimately be considered Super Bowl Champ contenders. This is such a year. If they fail to finally win another Super Bowl, I doubt the win over the Pats will be enough to erase the bitter disappointment you will feel.

I can't root for your team any more than you guys could root for the Pats but your team earned that win last Sunday. Rex was indeed the better coach on that one day and, yes, Sanchez was the better QB.

We shall see what happens from here. But enjoy the ride my friends. Win or lose, having a game to look forward to this week with a legitimate chance to go the Super Bowl, is why we are football fans.