Bill Parcells told the Jets to hire Rex Ryan

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by boshhemi487, Jan 19, 2011.

1. boshhemi487

boshhemi487 New Member

Bill Parcells told the Jets to hire Rex Ryan

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/36114/bill-parcells-told-the-jets-to-hire-rex-ryan

hmm looks like Parcells pour alittle salt on Belichoke

ESPN:
    "Parcells compared that defeat to the top-seeded New England Patriots' stunning elimination Sunday.

"It was such a devastating loss, it's hard to explain how I felt," Parcells said. "I'm sure it's how Bill Belichick felt last Sunday. I'm sure every coach gets to a place where you think you can go to the next spot, and you don't get to go. It takes a lot of blood to get back there, and those windows can close fast"

#1 boshhemi487, Jan 19, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2011
  2. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

The man is a guru.

Have guru will travel...and travel.

3. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Thank god he hired that douche Sparano instead.

4. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Yeah, lately Parcells has been patting himself on the back for the successful advice he has given other teams. I don't see him patting himself on the back for telling the Jets to hire Terry Bradway as GM. Piss off, Tuna, your days are done.

5. nyJETS0511

nyJETS0511 Banned

......players today would tell him to go fuck himself if he got all up in them like he used to

6. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

How Parcells gets credit for everything is beyond me. If he thought Rex was so good, he would have hired him instead of Tony. This is a profession, not a church where you are open to doing favors to the ones u like. Parcells clearly wants the credit here.

7. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

I Do believe Parcells is a NFL Mastermind but no way he was that high on Rex or why not sign him to coach your team?

8. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

And this isn't tampering... how?

9. cmcm750203

cmcm750203 Well-Known Member

i don't see how it's tampering. it's probably not the most ethical thing to do when you're employed by another organization though.

10. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

If anything makes anyone made... Dolphin fans should be mad about this... :rofl:

11. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

parcells is loyal, almost to a fault, to people close to him.thats why he took sparano.he also gave those bad contracts to some of "his" players before he left the jets placing us in salary cap hell.

12. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

i wonder if he's gonna take any credit for the dolphins consecutive 7 win seasons?

13. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

That was all the new owner's fault, most likely in Parcells' mind. Much like the Jets' terrible salary cap situation in the early part of last decade. Parcells skittered out the door in Miami before the Mickey Mouse new owner nonsense started, much like he did with the Jets.

14. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I appreciate what BP did in turning around our farnchise but he always likes to take credit after the fact like he tried to do w/ the Key trade and the '00 draft.

We are lucky he spurned the Bucs again though b/c if he didn't Mike Tannenbaum was going to Tampa w/ him and he wouldn't be here today.

15. kbgreen

kbgreen Well-Known Member

Tanny probably took the advice as a negative to Rex. If the Dolphins FO guy wants you to hire a guy there has to be a reason. And that reason probably won't benefit you.

16. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

The stupidity on display in this thread is really funny. Parcells is a HOFer. Great coach, brilliant, legendary motivator & leader, can be funny as hell at times and a real SOB at times. He's a winner who has developed shitloads of talented coaches, front office folks and players. He could see that Rex was a gifted leader and he recommended him. Why a few people have a problem w/that is frikking bizarre. I think of Rex as the young NFL coach who is in some ways most like Parcells in terms of his leadership and motivating skills.

17. BigGreenUgly

BigGreenUgly Well-Known Member

Since his arrival in 1997 the Jets have had 10 winning seasons, 2 AFC East Titles, 7 playoff appearances, 3 AFC championship appearances, and hopefully this year a superbowl. I have had my issues with Parcells but he did sprinkle a lot of respectability back into a franchise that was a running joke for many years. And he brought back the old logo which I loved as well.

18. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

Disagree w/this. Tanny is a full fledged lifetime member of the Church of Parcells.

19. kbgreen

kbgreen Well-Known Member

It would make me think twice about the guy I know that. Maybe if I knew Parcells I would think differently as Tanny does. Tanny has done a great job here and if he trusted Parcells advice on this hire I would have to say he had a good reason.

20. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

I think they are very close and Tanny has major respect for Parcells. Parcells brought him to the Jets in 1997 and groomed Tanny and promoted him etc.