Jets/Steelers Roll Call (AFC Championship Edition)

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by Brick, Jan 17, 2011.

1. hobbes4444

hobbes4444 New Member

Prices are dropping by the hour on stubhub. Was 350 for end zone. now 325 puts you on the 30 yd line about 10 rows up. by the morning, 250 for decent uppers and 400 for lowers? i think face on the lowers is 300, maybe a little less for season ticket holders (Tm shows it as $340). very few tix are available for electronic download so they have to be fed ex'd. i see a selling panic tomorrow!!! booked the train from newark to pitt on saturday at 11, arrive at 8, returning on victory morning at 720 am arriving at 430pm. long ride, but only 132 r/t and plenty of time to start the plans for dallas!

2. MeanGreenCervan007

MeanGreenCervan007 New Member

I'll be there!!

Living in Pitt for the past six months and only for the next six. Never thought I'd be going to an AFC championship game in Pittsburgh against the Jets! I'll be around with my wife tailgating and enjoying the experience. Can't wait for another road win!

3. Brick

Brick Member

Head to Finnegan's Wake.

Tickets are dropping in price. Can get decent seats in the 500s for ~$250. The market is converging to a true price.

4. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

definately, although I am still hoping that tomorrow morning will bring seats down to around $225. It would be fantastic.

5. Jerseyboyisback

Jerseyboyisback New Member

Does anyone know where the jets are staying or a good deal on a hotel, looking to stay the night saturday and not do it all in one day.

6. jetsking

jetsking New Member

we will be going three of us. Where are the best places for us to meet other jets fans sat night or gameday

7. jetsking

jetsking New Member

fairfield inn nevill island we paid 95 a night plus tax 8 miles away

8. jetsking

jetsking New Member

great prices i got ripped off maybe paid 550 for second row from field corner endzone sounds too high? Visitors corner seemed like a good deal at the time.

9. jetsking

jetsking New Member

if the pitts fans are so great how come many want to sell seats? They are fakes we will kill them in the game and on to superbowl already have tickets waiting just in case. Is Finnigahns Wake the jets place this weekend?

10. Brick

Brick Member

Either Finnegan's Wake or Mullen's - they're closer to PNC Park. I'm not going anywhere near Jerome Bettis Grill.

There are a couple of hotels right near the stadiums, but they are expensive - I think the Jets stayed at the Sheridan last time. You're better off finding a place in Oakland or in Ross Township and getting a cab or taking the bus. The hotel will be 1/2 or 1/3 the price.

11. hobbes4444

hobbes4444 New Member

A little surprised prices are holding steady as of this morning. But it's just a matter of time. Over 3500 tix are still available for the game on stubhub and it started out around 3900 on Sunday night/Monday morning. For the Pats game, there were about 3500 tix on stubhub 10 days before the game, and then after the Jets won, it quickly dropped to 1500. Prices climbed of course, but then dropped off dramatically the Friday before the game. Tomorrow will be the last day to Fed Ex tix, so tonight should be the start of the fire sale. But I guess some sellers will risk it to the last minute . . . good luck everyone.

12. hobbes4444

hobbes4444 New Member

Re jetsking . . . There is a new all-suites hotel, Cambria Suites, near the hockey arena, apparently 2 miles from Heinz. Rates were around $225 when I booked. Would be a good fit for 3. . .

#32 hobbes4444, Jan 19, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2011
  13. JGuz649

JGuz649 New Member

I'll be at the game, trying to take a charter bus from Penn Station to Heinz field. We have about 10 of the 20 needed, if not I'll have to drive >.<

14. herrera_tim

herrera_tim New Member

Hi,

My name is Tim Herrera, I'm a reporter with amNewYork newspaper. We're putting together a story on fans traveling to the game road-trip style, and I'm wondering if anyone would be willing to talk with me about your trip out. Please call me at 212.239.7586 or get me at tim.herrera [at] am-ny dot com.

Thanks,
    Tim Herrera
    reporter
    amNewYork

#34 herrera_tim, Jan 19, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2011
  15. herrera_tim

herrera_tim New Member

Brick — please see my above message. Would you be interested in talking with me? Thanks.

16. herrera_tim

herrera_tim New Member

Jetsking — Same deal. Would you like to talk to me for a story? Please let me know asap.

-Tim

P.S. — to everyone not going/uninterested, I apologize for spamming.

17. herrera_tim

herrera_tim New Member

JGuz — same question. Would you want to talk about your trip out with a reporter? Thanks.

-Tim

18. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

Hi Tim,

I'm Koz.

I'm a Jets fan looking to give you a play by play of the entire trip. What do I ask for in return? Not much, especially for a fine newspaper such as yours. Midfield tickets, transportation and modest accomodations, with a reasonable per diem for meals/gas/tolls etc.

I get that, you get your story :)

19. herrera_tim

herrera_tim New Member

Ha! Well, since it's such a small request, I'm sure my editors will spring for it!

20. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Good. I'm carrying Koz's bags, so please include me too, okay?