Jets-Steelers AFC Championship discussion thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Vorrecht, Jan 16, 2011.

1. milcus

milcus Well-Known Member

To me this game is simple, the Jets are bad match-up for the Steelers. I dont care about Steeler fan excuses, the Jets are a bad match-up for them.

The Jets can stop the run, take out both of their wr's, get pressure against a bad offensive line, and double team Miller. If the Jets defense even plays their "B" game, the Steelers should not score more than 13 points. If the Jets bring their "A" game, it can be the 1st half against the Ravens all over again.

On offense. the Jets can also take away what the Steelers strength is. As in week 15, the linebackers probably wont have much of an impact because of the Jets offensive line. And while the Jets might not run it well, they can sure throw against the Steelers. So, the Jets should move the ball, and get into position to score 3/4 times. If it's fg's, the game will stay close. If the Jets can get a TD or two, it should be a pretty easy win for the Jets.

So, I think that this is just a bad match-up for the Steelers, and despite the Steeler fan confidence, this is a tough game for them.

One other thing to remember - since 1990, every AFC team that lost in the AFC Championship one year, and came back the following year, has won the game and gone to the SB. So, you factor that with the fact that the Jets are just as playoff tested as this Steeler team, and the fact that the Jets present match-up problems for the Steelers, and I think this is going to be a hard game for the Steelers to win.

So, I am going to go Jets 23, Steelers 13

2. BK_Jetsfan

BK_Jetsfan New Member

BOOM! HEADSHOT! :steelers:

3. JetRizing89

JetRizing89 Well-Known Member

wayne hunter is a big key this week

if he can hold his assignment and give mark time to throw the jets should be able to establish a consistent passing game and move the chains

4. numbah58

numbah58 New Member

Nothing wrong with being confident but to dismiss the Steelers is a mistake IMO. If nothing else they've proven time and time again that they're gamers. As for the OT victory vs. the Bills... It was a win.

It doesn't matter though, there's only one game that matters now and it starts Sunday at 6:30 PM.

5. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Yes. it was.

As was the game against the Ravens, where Pitt was losing till a late turnover allowed you to put up a TD to get to 13 points.

You scored 17 against us.

And blew out three teams that were essentially done playing.

(Cincy,Cleveland Carolina)

Bottom Line...Your offense struggles against decent defensive teams. (last weeks win was predicated on turnovers as well)

This game can go either way...but for it to go your way, you'll need help from us.

We hope you don't get it.

6. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Are you a Tracy White fan?

7. numbah58

numbah58 New Member

Who the hell is Tracy White?

8. MadBacker Prime

numBAH 58 on the Pats.

You typed it like a Pats fan and you refereed to the Steelers as they not we.

"Nothing wrong with being confident but to dismiss the Steelers is a mistake IMO. If nothing else they've proven time and time again that they're gamers. As for the OT victory vs. the Bills... It was a win."

I thought you were a Steeler fan but after that I thought you were a Pats fan. So you are a Steeler fan?

9. numbah58

numbah58 New Member

Yes Steeler fan since '78. The 58 refers to Jack Lambert. In all honesty, if the Steelers don't win I'm rooting for you guys. Always liked the Jets since the Wesley Walker days.

10. PatsFan2003

PatsFan2003 Member

I don't think that at all. That's just wishful thinking on a Jets fans part imo. The Patriots have already proved that they can still play the game at a high level but it hasn't worked out in the post-season. They had several game this year where they've adjusted just fine just not on Sunday. Dynasties come in waves and that's what's happening here.

We'll see what happens next year. I thinks it's premature to pronounce the Patriots as dead. Again, wishful thinking.

11. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Time will tell. If the Pats fail to win another playoff game with BB & Brady it isn't going to look good at all. If Rex Ryan goes on to own this rivalry the next few years it isn't going to look good.

12. PatsFan2003

PatsFan2003 Member

Oh yeah the Jets and Patriots game are going to be full tilt for the next few years. It's very possible that the Jets will now "own" the Patriots but I don't think it's a given. It doesn't matter now but the Patriots did win the division relatively easily. And a lot of people had the Jets winning the AFC East.

Time will tell.

13. MadBacker Prime

I'll take us getting to the AFC Championship game every year, especially when you're one and done along with it.

[​IMG]

14. SteelCurtain

SteelCurtain New Member

This just goes to show you have no idea what your talking about....the Jets are the perfect matchup for the steelers. Do you honestly think we would rather play the Pats?

15. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Do you really think the perfect matchup is the team that smacked the Patriots in their building?

16. MadBacker Prime

Not for nothing but you didn't show a real good argument against.

Looks pretty sound to me. Just like myself and many suspected here the Pats D was not up for the challenge. Being so young and in a big pressure situation.

You'd be crazy not to want that, you're afraid of Brady and not playing at home. That can be the only thing. We have a better team in every way except they have Brady.

17. concussion80

concussion80 New Member

You said Pitt likes to run? We are #3 vs the run.
    You like to pass as well right? We just shut down 2 of the top passing Offenses in the league.

You play aggressive D right? We are not a one dimensional attack. You better make sure you're banged up corners can contain 2 of the best deep threats in the game. You also might want to understand that the Jets OL is one of the best units in the league. It's not made up, its a fact.

If you think thats the "perfect" matchup for the Steelers you are just being a homer and giving no credit where credit's due.

18. numbah58

numbah58 New Member

I think he's referring to the fact that Brady has had our number. He picks us apart and it's rarely even a game. They're the only team in the NFL that routinely crushes us whether at home or away. I'd rather lose to you guys than the frickin' Patsies.

19. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

The Steelers are a great team. I think the Jets have some good matchup opportunities w/them. I wouldn't be surprised if the Steelers won. I think the Jets will beat them. I think the Jets are better. But the Steelers are one of the best teams in the NFL and they have a great young coach. I just think the Jets are putting it all together and will be good enough to win on Sunday.

20. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

wow we're going to score 23 againstthe steelers with a qb thats inaccurate and should be replaced next year? :smile: