Polamalu?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Doogstein, Jan 18, 2011.

1. SteelCurtain

SteelCurtain New Member

Your offense score 13 points while having your QB not turn the ball over and your running game putting up 100 yards...Good Luck

2. GreenMachine

Who won the game?

If the Jets played as shitty as you claim and still won...

3. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Again-

Your offense sucks balls compared to Peyton and Brady led offenses.

Peyton got 1 TD on us, you'll be lucky to do that.

4. The Notorious J.E.T.S

The Notorious J.E.T.S Well-Known Member

You keep ending your posts with "good luck". Is that your catchphrase or something?

Anyway, stop acting like special teams and defense points don't count. You lost that game...deal with it.

5. SteelCurtain

SteelCurtain New Member

I'm just shocked how confident you guys are based off of the last time we played

6. xmscott

xmscott Well-Known Member

The last two playoff games and beating your team once already can fuel a lot of fire.

7. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Well I take it he's from Pennsylvania so there's a good chance his parents are first cousins.

8. The Notorious J.E.T.S

The Notorious J.E.T.S Well-Known Member

That win is only a small part of why we are confident.

9. MadBacker Prime

Is it really that shocking?

We took down the two top offenses left in the playoffs. After a shacky first half at Indy, Sanchez has been golden.

We have a lot of weapons on offense and more than enough talent on defense to shut your offense down.

This will no doubt be a defensive game, but our offense is better equipped to take it to your defense, IMO.

You must be used to the SOJF, well thankfully they're a dying breed.

10. SteelCurtain

SteelCurtain New Member

Wrong...NJ

11. MadBacker Prime

You're FROM NJ and a Steeler fan??

How convenient for you. Are you a Cowboys fan when the Steelers aren't good?

Eagles fan I could understand, because of south Jersey but not the Steelers.

12. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

I was responding to 'burgham' i just noticed his location is 'New Kensington,Pa 20 mi north of the Burgh'.

13. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

Polamalu is a boom or bust type of player. He goes for the home-run on every play so when he does connect, it's huge. You never see the missed tackles talked about.

He's the Anti-Revis. Revis is consistently good. Polamalu is sporadically magical.

14. concussion80

concussion80 New Member

I'm expecting a "boom headshot" any minute from SteelerFan, he just seems like that type of guy.

15. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

The Steelers front 7 is great but so is our offensive line. We handled their front 7 the last game, since Rex called them out they've been great. Sanchez has been sacked what, once in the playoffs? I trust our offensive line to handle the Steelers front 7 again and keep Sanchez's jersey clean.

Then it's gonna be up to to the Steelers secondary. Their safeties are good, the corners not so much. Keep the passes short so the Steelers safeties can't make plays in deep coverage.

16. SteelCurtain

SteelCurtain New Member

Ike Taylor is a lot better than your giving credit for...hes only give up 1 TD all year. McFadden and Gay are more than adequate.

17. concussion80

concussion80 New Member

That's it, the Jets shouldn't bother showing up. Good luck in the Super Bowl!

18. MadBacker Prime

Your rush D is your better half though, the pass D didn't even crack the top 10.

If you don't get pressure Sanchez should have a easy time with all the options we have.

Good Luck

19. JetsTillDeath

JetsTillDeath New Member

Lets be real here for a second.

Any Jets fan who thinks Polamalu will have no impact on the game is kidding themselves. "Liability in pass coverage" ???? My ass! When Polamalu plays the Pitt Defense has been excellent. Did anyone see him singlehandedly win the game in Baltimore earlier this season with a strip sack. He comes out of the pile on almost every run play also, the guy is all over the field. He misses one tackle in the red-zone against Baltimore and now we don't need to worry about him? I hope Sanchez is not listening to you all. He may not be as good as he was two years ago, but the guy is a baller and needs to be accounted for. This is not to say we go away from him, but we need to know where he is at all times. We need to play smart, fundamental football to win on Sunday - lets start thinking that way as a fan base.

20. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Not an 'easy' time but the Steelers defense is completely based on getting pressure. I think the Jets offensive line is good enough to keep the Steelers front 7 from doing serious damage. They'll double team whoever they line up over Wayne Hunter, Brick can handle anybody at the LT spot, Mangold can handle Hampton, Moore can handle Keisel, Slauson vs. Hood could be an issue but Slauson is pretty underrated.

Timmons is a fast ILB who's good in coverage, Keller is gonna have to bring his A game.