Talking Superbowl Again

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by Section 227. Row 5, Jan 17, 2011.

1. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

2. 17a_tailgater

btw scotlandjet is already onboard for Dallas.

3. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

It's going to happen this time baby.

4. JIMsection323

JIMsection323 New Member

Can anyone advise if the upper level season ticket holders have a shot at the Super Bowl Lottery? Has anyone called the Jets ticket office yet?

5. WWWestonC

WWWestonC New Member

I've got flight in Friday back Monday booked as well as hotel & rental car. Just need the tickets. I am a little worried about price hike should we make it.

All the rest of the teams involved have had a reasonable shot to go in the past. Steelers in '09, '06, '96; Packers in '98, '97; Bears in '07, '86. However for us this is the first time in 4 decades, and also with the financial differences between NY metro and these areas, our fellow fans may skyrocket prices.

I do buy into the whole theory of the availability after the lotteries and ticket allocation, but can't help but think I will kicking myself come Sunday night or Monday when I see prices doubled if we manage to do the unthinkable.

6. 17a_tailgater

i would like to think,but lets be honest jim.
    have we been given anything fairly in the upper level?
    parking in the izod,seating order anything????

dont lay your faith in our ticket office.

7. 17a_tailgater

u r in the same boat as me last year.dont make the same mistake i made.wait it out

8. WWWestonC

WWWestonC New Member

Alright, and I guess Saints were us in that situation last year. As you were trying to sell, when did you see them at their lowest? It seems many people's plans are to hit the brokers as the clock strikes 0:00. That doesn't seem like the best plan considering that those lotteries won't be done yet.

9. Section 227. Row 5

Are there any airlines that will give a refund, or are you planning on eating the cancellation fee?

Also, any suggestions on a hotel? Thanks in advance.

10. Section 227. Row 5

Yeah, good advice. I remember looking the following day or two and the prices were still pretty stable if not coming down.

Look everyone, the SB tickets are not going to be cheap... just remember that. The lousiest seats were never less than $1650 (+ 10%) last year and those were sold quickly and the rest got bought up in ascending order pretty much.

I'll pull the trigger when I can buy 2 seats in a decent location at a reasonable price and know they are legit seats with Row and Seat number. Fuck this business of letting them tell you where you're sitting after you've shelled out the money.

11. Section 227. Row 5

Fuck our ticket office.

12. WWWestonC

WWWestonC New Member

Their aren't that I know of. I travel often so I actually booked the flight with points. Since I have status with Continental they would refund me all my points and all but $50 worth of fees if I should cancel, so for $50 it's worth the risk IMO.

We booked the Courtyard in Addison, TX. It's a little ways out, but again it was free on points. Not sure what the price is without. We're hoping they have some sort of gameday transportation since we found it on the Superbowl.com site.

13. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I still got last years flight, it will cost me $100 to activate, its worth $250, I have till Wed. to use it

14. Section 227. Row 5

Okay, thanks for the answers.

Last year my fail-safe option on travel was to just get in the car and drive. This year, it's a pretty long haul to Dallas. I think I'm going to take my chances taht a flight will be available and that the airlines will add extra flights. With 100,000+ people going into Dallas-Ft. Worth (and many of them coming from NY), they will HAVE TO add flights on the schedule.

15. horsehead

horsehead Well-Known Member

I have a ticket...300 level, $900.
    Got a friend who has a friend...

I am praying that I ain't going to see the fucking Steelers!

And anyone looking to buy on the secondary market should do so sooner than later.
    This year's game, you cannot lose on the ticket.
    Think they'll only be going up in price.
    I went 2 years ago to Tampa and there were 200,000 Pitt fans looking for tix.
    I bet the Cards and the money line...fuckers..

16. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Dallas is spread out, but no way its not a good super bowl town. The whole DFW metroplex is huge, and has several parties going on at once. The all star weekend was a huge success here. I would imagine it would be much greater being its the SB. So many concerts, parties, shows...Half the Hollywood was here...but yeah, Austin is not a bad alternative.

17. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

South West Airlines will give u a refund. I think they give u a credit towards the future, but might wanna make sure. Their no cancellation fee adds are running all the time here.

18. JetsSec337Lot13B

I have been looking at NFL Ticket exchange for Super Bowl tickets. They already have the exact locations on their tickets.

19. Digetydog

Digetydog Member

Although I no longer live there, I have family in the area and spent 20+ years as a Dallas resident.

A few ideas on things:
    1. DFW is a "Drivers" town. You can stay pretty far away and still make it to the game. Hotels near the stadium are going to be rediculous. Even if you stay in places like Plano (about 20-30 miles), the hotels are pricey.
    2. If you want to have fun and don't care about price, I would stay in Ft Worth. Fun town, easy walking to drinking spots.
    3. Cheapest Possible Solution: fly out Sunday morning, take cab from airport to stadium, after game, walk to restaurant/bar, hang out until they close, take cab to airport, take first flight back in the morning. I know people who have done this to other SB's and it is relatively common.

Peace

20. ........

........ Trolls

I was fully set to go last year, prepared to pay whatever was necessary. This year, travel circumstances are easier. Have a friend who lives in Dallas, so I can stay with him. Shorter flight for me. Only hitch is I just dropped a ton taking the family to Maui for 10 days. I'm a bit apprehensive about dropping cash on airfare and tickets (Bears OR Packers fans will drive prices up) only to end up with one of the shit seats. According to my friend, it's a terrible place to watch a game, so a lot of us are going to end up paying for the experience of watching the game on a TV, but surrounded by all the experience. My only hope is to have my brother in law put in a request for game tickets as ex-player, but I doubt he'll get them at this point. Tough decision between heart and head. At least you New Yorkers will have the parade experience either way.