Jets, Rex Ryan will upset Steelers, Ben Roethlisberger in Pittsburgh

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by WhiteShoeWillis, Jan 18, 2011.

1. jets4lyfah

jets4lyfah Banned

I'm GLAD we are underdogs again. Ride the anger train all the way to Dallas, Bart Scott!

CAN'T WAIT

2. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

The line is set to balance betting. There are plenty of not only Steeler fans but bettors who have bet on Steeler SB's before. No team has won as many. It is not surprising that the line might be giving them a couple of points based on this factor.

Because on the face of it the line should be more in the favor of hte Jets.

3. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

I have watched a lot of games this year as we are on TV an awful lot and not opposite New England.

That being said, while Taylor may have had some good plays over the course of the year, I was really hoping he'd be more of a force out there than what he's turned out to be. He's slow and old, and for a speed rusher that is never good.

Did you see him get juked out of his cleats and fall down like Becht this past weekend against the Pats?

4. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

taylor was brought in for a 4qtr pass rush to help close out games in garbage time, something we could not do last year.

as it turns out, taylor has been in on tons of plays all game long. at his age, i was hoping he'd be fresh for the playoffs but oh well.

5. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Every time I here that I think of Family Guy... hey man what was that all about back there?

Let's be honest, how many teams have had the opportunity to beat the Steelers at Heinz Field twice in one season? Obviously Baltimore last week but outside of that?

I don't recall anybody saying the Steelers won't be motivated but let's be honest the Steelers haven't exactly been automatic at home in AFC Title games either. I can think of 3 losses right off the top of my head.

6. dthomas53

dthomas53 New Member

He's made a couple nice, impact plays for us this year (NE I, MIA, @PIT), so I can't claim he's been a total waste.

But if you take away those few plays, he's been invisible.

Watch the Sunday's replay. No good lateral movement, dances with blockers at times, no burst, etc. WSW said it best, he looks like he's 90 out there.

7. MeanGreen1983

MeanGreen1983 New Member

Adam Schein picks us to win, but I agree with most of you I like the underdog mentality. The Jets have been underdogs forever thats why I love them!!!!!!! I'm still pretty superstitious although I predicted the past 2 wins which for a pessimist like me is unusual. Beating them in their house twice in 5 weeks is a tough task to say the least but like Barkin' Bart said, "the check is still cleared that we wrote.....it aint void yet"