Brainlessly bash former Jet employee, Brian Schottenheimer

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by ThunderbirdJet, Sep 14, 2010.

1. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

Who do you consider a GOOD OC and who do you consider a GREAT OC ???

2. nlam

nlam New Member

woody interview

hey who saw the woody johnson interview on newyorkjets.com? it seemed to me like he went out of the way to congratulate everyone on the coaching staff except for shotty... sorry cant post links yet but its ~50 seconds in.

3. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

Nice, well at least there's hope he'll be fired even when the Jets win the Super Bowl. Maybe he'll pay the Browns to take him as a towel boy

4. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

Actually, change is generally the norm in the NFL. It is something that you had best be good at dealing with if you are going to be able to achieve any kind of continuity.

5. JetsKickAss

Probably just focused on defense....I am sure he didn't praise Westhoff, either.

6. JetsKickAss

Not for a young QB. It's one thing to have the same SYSTEM with different OC's...imagine having 2 or 3 OC's and 2 or 3 SYSTEMS in your first 5 years. Disaster !!

7. concussion80

concussion80 New Member

Ya gotta admit, there were some extremely poor calls on 2nd down and 5 or 6 when our run game was obviously unstoppable. He called some risky out passes which put us in tough position on 3rd down.

I also hated the slow to develop runs up the middle that went for nothing. Guy has no instinct for the quick hitter off tackle or sweep plays that good offensive lines thrive off of.

Yeah, we won and schotty's plan was good enough, but what disturbs me is we are never great and have the horses in the stable to be such.

Another thing that makes me crazy is going shotgun or emptying the backfield on 3rd and 3, why he tips his hand so quickly I have no idea.

#1847 concussion80, Jan 17, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2011
  8. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

Chad Pennington?

9. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

Schittenheimer was at the Knicks game yesterday. I bet that tool thought this would be his chance to get some face time on the big screen. "OOO, see they love me!! They really love me!! Now let's go out there and set up 3 yard passes when we need 10, YEAH BABY!!"

10. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I find that hard to believe, that he would be at a basketball game on Monday afternoon instead of preparing for Sunday's game.

11. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

I'm no Shotty fan by any stretch of the imagination.. the way they get off to slow starts literally EVERY SINGLE game is beyond frustrating. It's like he doesn't come into the game with a game-plan on how to attack the defense, and he waits for the D to dictate what the Jets are going to be able to do.

But I do have to admit since the Steelers game in December he has been doing a much better job having the offense be balanced and putting Sanchez is better positions to succeed.

12. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

ITA.

He still likes to go long in bad spots....(3rd and 5 down the left sideline)

But he APPEARS to be learning.

13. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

And unlearning.

By this I mean:

During the Colts game, Jets offense was basically picking on the replacement kid during their 2 TD runs. After the second score, however, they stopped picking on that kid. Maybe they felt bad picking on the newcomer? I don't know.

And against the Pats, again we could start picking on their LB corps (they couldn't stop Shonnmower if at all) but instead he goes vanilla. IF YOU CAN START PICKING ON A WEAKLING, GO DO IT.

14. nyjunc

Judging by Mark's slow starts I think it has more to do w/ the QB and his early throws being off target.

15. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

The play design in those opening drives are not QB friendly. We should be creating some short throws to get him going. Which Schotty has done a good job of later in the game, but he doesn't utilize that in the opening drive for some reason.

On our opening series, LT ran, than Mark had a short pass with some good YAC.

Second series of that drive we were 3rd and 5 and Mark throws deep to Cotchery. I would've ran a play that got us the first down at that point, not a 30 yard pass.

Yes he was open but still.

16. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Sorry for not getting to you earlier as I have been reading for a promotional exam at work, the OC's IMO that are good:

Kevin Gilbride
    Cam Cameron
    Heimerdinger
    Hue Jackson-done more with less, wait until they get a qb
    Mike Mularkey
    Marty Mornhinweg

I think the great OC's are now HC's, Mcarthy , Reid and Norv Turner.

I would also put Bill Callahan in the great category.

BS ranks in the average category, but he has been doing a better job lately, the reason I put BS in the average category is that in my opinion the potential of this offense has not been fully tapped.

17. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

I really hope that after we win the Super Bowl, some poor, unsuspecting team lands this clown to become their next HC. Are there any vacant HC positions remaining?

18. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Playcalling. Period.

And, Junc...I'm not being argumentative, but it's getting so obvious that it's starting to get mentioned on the Pregame/analysis shows.

They're starting to stop saying Sanchez..and start calling Schotty.

Bottom Line...

If Mark had Andy Reid, Sean Payton, or FCOl, Paul Hackett as an OC...he'd be above 60% completion rate, and over 90% QB Rating.

I keep saying...60% should be Rex's refrain to Schotty.

'Call any throw you want....He goes below 60%..and it's your ass'

19. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

This is exactly why I think he is an average OC, he has been doing better though and I don't want to bash him when it's not fair, but these are the calls that drive me nuts, he can kill a drive all by himself by going away from what is working or just not using it to his advantage.

20. nyjunc

I don't buy it, I saw mark miss numerous open recievers the last 2 weeks early in games(1st half vs. Indy, 1st qtr vs. NE). The plays were there, the execution was not.

We are on the verge of reaching our 1st SB in 42 years w/ a 2nd year QB and people are still complaining about the OC. It's amazing.