Polamalu?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Doogstein, Jan 18, 2011.

1. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

Are we really going to let a guy who's running around with what looks like a head full of pubic hair ruin our day?

2. TMC4REAL

TMC4REAL Banned

That was a lot of it. He did not practice at all the week prior and the Steelers had a bye. He basically had a two week layoff and missed a couple tackles. The Steelers also played Troy as the deep safety most of the game, something they have only done twice that I can recall. When they do that, it seems to take him off his game, but the Ravens locate Polamalu and then go away from him, so I think by playing him deep, they wanted to force Flacco to go to the other side of the field, which he did. It protected McFadden some and the Steelers loaded up the other side. It appeared to rattle Flacco.

I expect them to move Polamalu back into the role that fits him better, allowing him to recognize the formation and move around with Clark playing the deep safety. Those roles fit both players better.

To those in this thread that state Polamalu is not any good in coverage, he was 2nd in the NFL in interceptions this season and was extremely limited by an ankle injury. He makes game changing interceptions. The idea that he is bad in coverage is almost laughable.

Troy had a horrible game against the Jets. It happens. It happens more when they ask him to play in a cover-2 or single high giving deep help. It just takes him out of his element. I am sure he will be back in the box, standing at the LOS with deep responsibilities and playing deep when he is asked to blitz.

He may not have been voted NFL DMVP by everyone, but he was in the running. That makes him one of the top 10 defensive players in the NFL. As the games get bigger, the Steelers defense usually steps it up.

3. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

heh - yea. I don't understand why people are trying to knock down one of the best safeties in the league here. The guy is beast mode.

4. yem

yem New Member

The reason he played deep safety all game is b/c he can't run. He has achillies tendonitis. He most like is taking cortisone shots before the game and at halftime. It's not rust. A player of his caliber does not get rusty. That's a bad excuse.

Sure, Snachez will has to account for Troy but, as for making big plays, he's done.

5. Forum7200

Forum7200 Member

C'mon be a little easy on the guy, it wasn't his fault, he was not even on the field.

6. Burghman

Burghman Banned

Underestimate Troy?

Keep underestimating him, thats exactly what we want and how you will get beat.:rofl:

7. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Because what the fans think and say will have a huge impact on the outcome of the game.

8. milcus

milcus Well-Known Member

The Jets will always be aware where Polamalu is. Throw short slants to Tone and BE and you dont have to worry about him because his tackling is the most shaky part of his game.

However, the key for the Steelers is not Troy like Steeler fans seem to think - its the linebackers. If the Jets dominate them like they did in week 16, they will win. If the linebackers wreak havok, the Jets defense better stop up..

9. teknopath

teknopath Member

The key is to get Keller involved early and force Troy to pay attention to him and not fly around near the line of scrimmage. I'll repeat my thoughts on hair boy... From a football standpoint, he is very undisciplined. He forgoes wrapping and tackling and tries to throw the shoulder and make the flashy play. That's why Rice went right by him for that TD in the last game.

10. BK_Jetsfan

BK_Jetsfan New Member

Agreed. Troy is still Troy. That said, JETS WILL WIN!

Damnit you beat me to it. Cracked me up! :steelers:

11. TMC4REAL

TMC4REAL Banned

LMAO, that is absolutely not true. Polamalu played up tight to the line against the Browns. He also played in man coverage. He has been limping with this injury for over a month and it is getting better now, not worse.

Funny how you know it is Achilles tendonitis when that has not been announced. If it were simply tendonitis, they could have had him on anti-inflamatory medicines and given him cortesone shots.

Every player gets rusty. If not, they would not have training camps.

When you sit for 2 weeks, do not even practice, and then play at full speed, your timing will be off. Add in that they used him in a different capacity and it explains a lot.

I hope the Jets think they can exploit him like the Browns did, when he picked them to end the season.

12. Fred Mertz

Fred Mertz Active Member

psst..guess who won it last year?

13. TMC4REAL

TMC4REAL Banned

Jets, Ravens, two different jerseys, same style of football.

14. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

Sneak a harlot into his bed chambers as he sleeps and shave his head.

15. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

when healthy he is an elite game changing talent...unfortunately for the Steelers he isn't even close to 100%. I think he is gutting it out because it is the playoffs, but he just doesn't seem to have any explosion, the cutting ability looks poor, and the power isn't there. I think mentally he can get into the head of a player, but he isn't going to be jumping over any offensive line on a goal line play.

16. MikeDevito

MikeDevito Active Member

I'm sure the Jets are saying Polamalu is crap. dumbass

17. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

so, the Steelers will beat the Jets because Jet fans underestimate Troy and that is what Steelers fans want? you have to be a real imbecile to project fan opinions onto how the team will perform.

18. teknopath

teknopath Member

He seems to be in good spirits leading up to the game...

[​IMG]

19. mangoldman

mangoldman Member

I cant believe jet fans are downplaying how good troy is. We sit here and always complain that the outside world doesnt give revis enough props. lets no be hypocritical. Troy is probably one of the greatest safties of all time. he has unbelievable skill. I dont watch him every game just when hes on national tv but for god sakes people a 50% Troy is still better than just about anyone except Mr. Reed

20. deathstar

deathstar Well-Known Member

Some of you people on here are superstitious and seem to think your actions affect the team's play....

Btw, on some plays last week, Ray Rice made him look like a complete fool.