Polamalu?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Doogstein, Jan 18, 2011.

1. Doogstein

Doogstein Member

Well now that's he back for Pitt and healthy enough to be in beast mode again how does Pitt change around its gameplan from our earlier meeting? What should we expect to see more of and what's going to be the major changes involved now that he's back?

2. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

I'm not sure, he completely missed a huge tackle in the Ravens game. He isn't the same guy he was a couple years ago, but he still has that greatness in him.

You basically need to get him out of the picture. Have players run routes his way to get him out of the picture.

3. Brick

Brick Member

Has dandruff? Talks like a fag? Those are my two answers to that question.

4. JetsFanDoc

JetsFanDoc Well-Known Member

I don't know if I'm right or not, but when I was watching the Pitt-Balt game he just didn't seem 100% at all. He still needs to be "accounted for" by Sanchez on every play no doubt, but he definitely wasn't the gamechanger in that one.

5. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

He didn't he played pretty average. And again, he missed a tackle in the redzone. The player juked him with ease. P

Hell even Mike Francesa says Polamulu is not great anymore, well at leasts thats what hes been preaching all season.

6. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Their watch at 2:00

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwnJLdb7M8s

Polamalu makes the worst tackle attempt of all time against the Ravens and gives them a TD.

Also at 3:30 Polamalu misses another redzone tackle completely. Hell he looks like shit.

7. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

I thought we traded Rhodes to Arizona not the Steelers.

8. SteelCurtain

SteelCurtain New Member

Wow you guys are in for a rude awakening if you think hes just average....He didn't play near the line against the Ravens...its already been stated he was used to take away the middle stuff with Rice and Heap...which he did

Good Luck with that

9. jb944

jb944 Banned

not great but he just won afc defensive player of the year. wow he sucks lmao typical dumb jets fans

10. MikeDevito

MikeDevito Active Member

Were saying he didn't look 100% not that he isn't good. Typical dumb Steelers fan.

11. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

from what publication?

troy has been the most overrated player in the league this year

12. jb944

jb944 Banned

really devito once again showing how dumb jets fans are

Haley will be honored as AFC coach of year by Committee of 101
    By ADAM TEICHER
    The Kansas City Star

JOHN SLEEZER
    Haley
    Join the discussion in the forums.More News
    ■Likelihood of NFL lockout increases ■Haley will be honored as AFC coach of year by Committee of 101 ■Chiefs sign linebacker Bakhtiari ■Chiefs have some tough personnel decisions to make ■Chiefs confident in growth ■Chiefs sign eight practice-squad players Chiefs biggest fan contest winners ■Haley has opening to fill again at offensive coordinator ■Colts, Patriots and Steelers among Chiefs' 2011 opponents ■Playoff loss illustrates Chiefs’ problems at wide receiver ■Steve Penn | Tony DiPardo fights for his life The Committee of 101 has given Todd Haley the first of what may be several coach-of-the-year awards.

Haley was selected by the committee as AFC coach of the year. He will be honored at the annual 101 banquet March 5 at the Westin Crown Center Hotel.

Other 2010 award winners:

•New England quarterback Tom Brady as AFC offensive player of the year. Brady was the NFL’s top-rated passer, throwing for 36 touchdowns and only four interceptions.

•Pittsburgh safety Troy Polamalu as AFC defensive player of the year. Polamalu led the defense that allowed the fewest rushing yards and fewest points.

•Philadelphia quarterback Michael Vick as NFC offensive player of the year. Vick was the second player in NFL history to finish a season with 3,000 passing yards, 500 rushing yards and a passer rating of over 100. San Francisco’s Steve Young was the first.

•Green Bay linebacker Clay Matthews as NFC defensive player of the year. Matthews had 13 1/2 sacks.

•Atlanta’s Mike Smith as NFC coach of the year. The Falcons had an NFC-best 13-3 record and will send seven players to the Pro Bowl.

A national media committee, composed of 101 writers and broadcasters who cover the NFL, selected the award winners in each category.

NFL Films is this year’s winner of the Lamar Hunt Award, given for contributions to pro football.

Haley is the third Chiefs coach to win the coach-of-the-year award from the 101, following Hank Stram and Marty Schottenheimer.

Haley took the Chiefs to a 4-12 record in his first season in 2009. The Chiefs went 10-6 this season, improving by a franchise-record six games, and won their first AFC West championship since 2003.

They lost their first-round playoff game 30-7 to Baltimore.

“While our team’s development was truly a collective effort, I am extremely humbled to follow in the footsteps of coaches like Hank Stram and Marty Schottenheimer,” Haley said. “Our football team made tremendous progress in 2010, but there is still a great deal of work yet to do to achieve our ultimate objective.”

The March 5 banquet will also honor the Chiefs’ most valuable player and rookie of the year.

Posted on Sun, Jan. 16, 2011 09:25 PM

Read more: http://www.kansascity.com/2011/01/13/2582560/haley-will-be-honored-as-afc-coach.html#ixzz1BODEPV00

13. jb944

jb944 Banned

i can play with you retards all day

14. MikeDevito

MikeDevito Active Member

I? So your Polamalu ?

15. vilmatic

vilmatic Active Member

Polamalu is great, but he wasn't at his best against the Ravens. My guess it was knocking the rust off from his layoff. If you think he's going to miss crucial tackles two weeks in a row, you're wrong. I thought the most interesting part of the Steelers' back end was how well Ryan Clark played. He did a pretty fair Polamalu impression. That tackle on Boldin quick screen in particular.

16. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

He won player of the year in a Kansas city newspaper, lol ... That's your source and I'm the retard

Troy is very good against the run (despite ray rice running through and around him last game) but a liability is pass coverage

Ed Reed and Nick Collins are both better all around safeties than troy p

17. jb944

jb944 Banned

www.msnbc.msn.com/id/41062227

Chiefs head coach Todd Haley was named the AFC coach of the year by the NFL 101.
    The committee said Haley guided the Kansas City Chiefs from 4-12 in 2009 to 10-6 in 2010. The six-game turnaround marked the largest in franchise history.
    "I am honored to accept this award on behalf of the Kansas City Chiefs. Our growth as a team this season wouldn't have been possible without the efforts of our entire coaching staff who so tirelessly dedicated themselves to making us better each and every day," Haley said in a released statement. "While our team's development was truly a collective effort, I am extremely humbled to follow in the footsteps of coaches like Hank Stram and Marty Schottenheimer, who previously received this honor with the Chiefs. Our football team made tremendous progress in 2010, but there is still a great deal of work yet to do to achieve our ultimate objective."
    Mike Smith, of the Atlanta Falcons, was named NFC coach of the year.
    New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady was named as the AFC offensive player of the year and Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Michael Vick was the NFC offensive player of the year. Green Bay's Clay Matthews received the NFC defensive player of the year, and Pittsburgh's Troy Polamalu is the AFC defensive player of year.
    The 41st Annual NFL 101 Awards gala will be held on March 5.

get someone to read you the bottom line. like i said jets fans are like picking on the retarded kids. lmao a liability against the bwaahahahaha

#17 jb944, Jan 18, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2011
  18. LoyalJetsFan

LoyalJetsFan New Member

"Da Steeliz deefense aint da same witout Pollermalow"

19. SteelCurtain

SteelCurtain New Member

Wowzers...good luck on sun

20. The Great American

The Great American Well-Known Member

“The life of a man hangs by a hair”

Quote seems appropriate for this thread.

BTW, Troy P. is a very good player and deserving of any awards he may or may not have won.