Jets vs Steelers AFC Championship Prediction Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JohnnyThaJet, Jan 16, 2011.

1. Steeltown

Steeltown New Member

You are calling me arrogant? I predicted an outcome, you are trash talking. You are cutting on the fans. throwing out accusations, etc. I would like to point out that it is you guys that sound like Pats fans. Were the Pats not pushing their last victory over your your team down your throat and exclaiming that was the evidence they would beat your team again? THAT is what YOU are doing. Think about it.

2. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Jets 27 Steelers 10

Won't be close, Steelers played like crap last game. Jets are playing perfect.

3. Steeltown

Steeltown New Member

Now you are talking like a true Ravens fan.....err...I mean..... never-mind. That might have something to do with Coach Ryan's time in Baltimore.

4. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Also karma will come back to hit Rapeisburger.

5. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

You just predicted a 10+ win, despite watching the Jets just defeat the Colts and Patriots on the road and you looking terrible vs. the Ravens. Sure, the Steelers won, but not in a way where a fan would expect them to dominate a team who just took down a team many considered to be the best with ease. I would be scared to death. Most Steelers fans seem so confident and then laugh at Jets fans for being confident. Its comical.

6. Steeltown

Steeltown New Member

You heard about Sanchez actually going to JAIL for sexual assault? Maybe it's his destiny to fall into a karma fail.

Ben never got arrested for it, Mark has.

7. mattbrw08

mattbrw08 Banned

Do Jets fans not realize Mark Sanchez committed sexual assault when he was USC too? You guys do so much hating on our QB that you dont even realize your own QB has done the same thing.. yeesh.

8. Steeltown

Steeltown New Member

No, I said it would not be more than 10. :wink:

9. littlejohn4life

littlejohn4life New Member

I decided to rewatch the Jets vs Pitt game from a few weeks ago.

Offensively for the Jets I don't think we can take too much away because of Troy being out of the lineup for Pitt. Nacho did have a nice game as well as Braylon and Holmes. LT had a great game as well but the Steelers defense is different with their best player.

Defensively I think we played a great game, we keep the Steelers in 3rd and long but weren't able to stop them. Emmanual Sanders had a huge game and had 3-4 big third down plays, Coleman was on him for most of the plays. We were sending alot of blitzes and playing a different style then we are currently playing so I'm not sure how much this game will be helping the Steelers. We were able to get to Ben with a Corner Blitz and even cause a couple of fumbles but were unable to recover.

-Jets had a TD drive stall after Sanchez threw a 15 yard pass to Braylon or Holmes to put us inside the 15 but the play was called back for a hold on Slaw, we were later forced to punt.

-Pitt had a TD on the same drive where they had a 1st down run for 9 yards pick up a first down, shouldn't happen again. They were also put into 3rd and 16 on that drive and were able to convert a 17 yard pass, contact was made before the first but the WR broke two tackles, we sent 3 and dropped everyone else into coverage.

-I would Expect Brad Smith to have a bigger part of the gameplan, he was a nonfactor offensively although we did fake the reverse with him several times.

-The Steelers had success throwing to their backup TE, expect the same thing with Miller playing this game.

-Dwight Lowery started his first game and safety, Eric Smith will be taking his place and hopefully playing the full game.

-Shutting down Emmanuel will be the Key on 3rd down.

-Weatherford had a GREAT game downing them on the 2 yard line TWICE. where the hell has he been?

While watching the Ravens vs Steelers I was rooting for the Steelers because of how poorly they were playing all game.

important takeaway's from that game

-Steelers had a hard time scoring, 3 of there TD came from field position inside the 30 and their other TD came after a 3-26 hail mary bomb to Smith.

-Steelers need Takeaway's to win the game

Whoever wins the turnover margin is probably going to win the game, there were 0 turnovers for both teams in the first game.

After watching the game I feel like its the Jets game to win, they left a lot of points on the board and if we play the same way we played against the Colts and Pats we should have this one.

I remember when Doug Brian missed those FG's and we ended up drafting Mike Nugent with our 2nd round pick......this could make up for that! =)

Lets go Jets!!!

10. GreenMachine

Ok...But your fellow fan just said:

I mean the Jets this yea never won games they played poorly in..

11. Brick

Brick Member

Fair enough. In general, with Steeler fans saying it's going to be an easy 17+ pt victory, saying 10 points with a 3.5 point spread still seems arrogant to me. I'm not predicting a big Jets win. It's going to be a great, tough game.

When I was watching the game on Sunday, I heard many mocking J-E-T-S chants from the Steeler fans in the first half. No one did that in the second half. You guys got what you asked for.

Six championships mean NOTHING on Sunday.

Pittsburgh delenda est.

12. BlackjackGold

BlackjackGold New Member

they're trying to tell me on another thread it doesn't count because he was only 19.

:rofl:

13. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I don't know if it is true or not, but it is definitely pointless.

14. Steeltown

Steeltown New Member

For the record, the whole Steeler nation was rooting for the Jets against the Pats. We watched the last game too and we like our chances against the Jets. There is something to avenge......

15. BlackjackGold

BlackjackGold New Member

Big difference between an expendable regular season game and a play off game.

Maybe after a few trips to the play offs the jets fan base will grasp that concept.

16. SteelCurtainF

SteelCurtainF New Member

Blame that idiot fan of yours who burned a Terrible Towel for the loss come Sunday.

17. Steeltown

Steeltown New Member

I saw that. That never works out for teams. Ask TJ Housh about that blunder when he was a Bengal....

18. GreenMachine

The past is the past.

Under Rex Ryan this team is 4-1 in the playoffs. Not the SOJ...

19. BlackjackGold

BlackjackGold New Member

It took the titans making charitable donations to the Allegheny Schools to break their curse.

Still, I think a player has to do it for it to really kick in.

20. jwoal7

jwoal7 New Member

Close game JETS: 17 STEELERS:10