Jets-Steelers AFC Championship discussion thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Vorrecht, Jan 16, 2011.

1. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

you talk alot of shit bitch...get the fuck out of here before you get banned.

2. tcrock

tcrock Well-Known Member

agreed, like I said above, I think it comes down to QB play........running games of each team will struggle in my opinion. Special teams again comes into play too. This is defnitely a 3 to 4 point game..a nail biter

3. TMC4REAL

TMC4REAL Banned

The Patriots are an opportunistic rushing team, finesse. They do not run at teams when teams know they are going to run. They throw, then they pop you with a delay or draw for big yards.

In order to do that, you have to pass effectively.

If you stop the pass with the Steelers, they will run at you even if they net 2 yards.

I cannot believe that a Jets fan, a team that prides itself on rushing the football, cannot see the difference between a real running team and the mickey mouse version.

4. mute

mute Well-Known Member

Hes a Jet fan and always picked them.

5. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

I like our chances in this game as well. The way I see it is the Jets beat 2 better QB's than yours...

6. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

yeah its the other guy...the sportscenter tool who was bashing adam for giving more advantages to the stellers and still picking the jets

7. SteelCurtain96

SteelCurtain96 Active Member

Keep in mind most fans who go to opposing team boards are only there to stir up crap and talk trash.

Silly me I actually like breaking down games.

8. BlackjackGold

BlackjackGold New Member

Anyone wanna take a stab at the over/under on how many times scott ducks when he sees Hines coming after him?

:)

9. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

If we're going to win this game, I think we have to do it passing the ball and limiting turnovers. The defense is not going to give too many points away, and we aren't going to control this game on the ground. Sanchez needs to make smart throws and limit mistakes. A big play from Holmes could be the difference. I know he wants it...

10. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

Don't even bother. Half this board labeled you troll without knowing who you are.

It's cool man...

11. concussion80

concussion80 New Member

I would not go around saying the Steelers are a world beating unstoppable rushing offense when the OL is decimated and the best RB only gains 46 yds the last time out. The Steelers won that game on turnovers and a very opportunistic pass play, ... not by running the ball.

If you look at the stats, the Jets are 3rd vs the rush versus the Ravens who were a whopping 14th vs the rush. You think it's suddenly going to get easier? Fact is, the Jets dared the pass happy Colts and Pats to run the ball if they please to kill the clock and bend not break. It worked.

12. PatsFan2003

PatsFan2003 Member

I don't think the Steelers running game is what it used to be. It's good but not spectacular at all. They are more a passing team led by Rothlesberger.

13. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

I think we really know who wins that battle. Hines is a tough SOB. Scott is a mean SOB (and bigger).

14. Stairway2seven

Ben isnt a good qb?

15. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

Don't troll. Your one and only warning.

16. BlackjackGold

BlackjackGold New Member

LOL!~

You obviously never watched their matchups when scott was in purple.

He's only mean when his mouth is running in front of a camera.

He put a bounty out on Hines, and then on the field, every time Hines came near him he ducked or went to the ground.

It's a historical fact...

17. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

HE is but when you see how Our Defense has contained two of the "so called" greats in the game. You don't think we can take rashard mendenhall out of the game? And unleash the dogs on ben? Their O-line is tore up and we're coming!

18. concussion80

concussion80 New Member

queue 3, 2, 1 youtube of Hines Ward's blindside cheap shot on Ravens Scott when the ball carrier was already 3 yds out of bounds. I'm sure Steeler boy has masturbated to that vid 30,000x. Of course, that's evidence of the Steelers being really awesome...

19. Baumeister

Baumeister Well-Known Member

Yes this game will be a huge battle. No easy win for either side. Turnovers, turnovers and turnovers will play a huge part. I look forward to this match up on Sunday.

20. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

i told you to shutup...good thing thing troll got the boot