Jets-Steelers AFC Championship discussion thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Vorrecht, Jan 16, 2011.

1. HOI

HOI Active Member

jesus....i was expecting more from the steelers fans...but these people (except SteelCurtain) are fucking idiots. Did somebody really post 40 speeds? Sound like Charger fans who kept posting their WR's height...howd that shit work out for them?

Someone beofer also claimed that the only reason we won before was because the Steelers stopped running the ball....because...heres the best part...the players begged the coach to work on the pass. Well they had three chances inside the 10 to "work on the pass" and they fucking blew it.

The Colts fans are really the only ones I can tolerate. They talk shit but at least they arent morons.

2. Dexter Morgan

Dexter Morgan New Member

This is by no means a walk in the park win for the Jets. I don't know why some of you guys are getting so cocky. We had a great win yesterday. Probably the 2nd biggest win in franchise history but tickets to Dallas aren't punched yet. I agree with some of the other posters who said that the Jets matched up better with NE and Indy.

I am having a hard time telling myself that the Jets will be able to go into Heinz Field TWICE in the same season and beat this team. They are too good. The odds are stacked against this team, regardless of the what happened yesterday.

Expect another heart-attack game this Sunday. I just hope we can come out on top.

3. Stairway2seven

Did anyone just see that our offensive coordinator Bruce Arians kept sending plays to Matt Spaeth a 3rd string TE. If spaeth didnt interfere ball would have been caught. Miller is back and is FAR superior to Spaeth.

4. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

Dominated?? Really??? Time of possession 31 minutes to 29 minutes.

Total Yards including special teams (yes those yards count)
    Steelers 454 Jets 454

That is domination.

Last I checked it is Ben throwing the passes not Arians, did it ever occur to you that maybe on those particular plays that is what the Jets let the Steelers have.

Jets have given up rushing yards the last two weeks, it doesn't mean they cannot, the chose to allow the other teams to go that route to execute their game plan to shorten the game.

5. James Calvin

James Calvin Banned

The Steelers looked totally invincible vs the Ravens, if you didn't pay any attention to the game and only watched the commercials.

Game was sloppier than Brady's Bunghole.

6. TMC4REAL

TMC4REAL Banned

I never stated we were a better offense than the Patriots. In fact, IMO, the Patriots set the standard for the NFL with their passing offense. But, we are a different style of offense and play with MUCH more balance than the Patriots do. We line up and run it right at teams. We throw deep more. They kill teams with dumps and check downs. We are just starting to use them. IMO, the Steelers offense is more diverse.

The Patriots passing offense is in a league of its own, but they cannot run well at all. And, they throw to set up the run.

Different animals.

And, I see that Ryan has changed, but it is not something new to me. I watched Ryan vary his defensive schemes MANY times while he was DC in Baltimore. We know exactly what he brings. We know it will be a hard fought game. Points will be tough to get. But, you cannot sell out with the blitz or run zone dogs like you did with the Patriots because the Steelers could have a run play called and a crease would be bad. There were several instances where the Jets loaded one side to give the illusion of the blitz, brought 1 and dropped 2. Ravens do that all the time. We do it all the time. To think that your defense will dismantle an offense that sees this regularly is a little presumptuous.

7. TMC4REAL

TMC4REAL Banned

Yeah, that is why the Patriots blew you out yesterday....because they blew you out a few weeks ago.

Oh, wait.

Old news. Your offense scored 1 TD against our defense. One. Score one this week and you'll lose.

8. HOI

HOI Active Member

did i miss something?? Who exactly did the Pitts D dominate this year? Carolina?...Oakland?....they are good...damn good but not exactly the 85 Bears.

9. Dexter Morgan

Dexter Morgan New Member

C'mon dude. Yeah, you know what he brings but Brady, Welker and Bellicheck had no idea. Fucking Welker even said they prepared for something completely different than what the Jets executed on the field.

You know nothing.

10. S.HOLMES.10

S.HOLMES.10 Member

Troy is not 100pct he was invisible saturday the line is shaky ben got knocked around like a ragdoll....

11. Makia

Makia Banned

I expect the Jets to win on Sunday.

They are on a magic ride right now. Their defense is hitting their stride. The offense has been efficient. Most important thing to me is the coaching, which is top-notch.

I love the Jets' chances of winning the Super Bowl. All signs point out to being their year.

12. Stairway2seven

You had your superbowl you beat the patriots. Did we roll on the field fly around like planes NO. Its cause we have unfinished business. You shot your load, your done :)

13. TMC4REAL

TMC4REAL Banned

I would agree with that. I think the offensive line and corners, as a whole, are a weakness. Ike Taylor is under-rated, but McFadden and Gay are up and down.

But, I think that the Jets offensive line is over-rated by this board. The Steelers did not work the outside edge games and overloads like they are known to do when they have Polamalu. When they load up and bring the heat, something the Colts and Pats do not do, I think it will get to your line and shake Sanchez. I get he has won some playoff games, but I am not sold on your passing attack.

I also think your WRs are hot and cold. They either play huge or drop balls all over.

As for your defense, I think your DL is average at best. Pouha and Devito are not scary. And, Bryan Thomas is not a great run stopper. I think the Steelers can run on your front like they did in the first meeting.

And, the run will open the pass, not a huge passing game, but one that is good enough.

14. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

In the regular season the Patriots had more rushing yards per game, more rushing yards per attempt and more rushing TD's than the Steelers.

If they cannot run well, what does that mean about Pitt's running game?

15. tcrock

tcrock Well-Known Member

I'll chime in with my over simplified analysis........to me this game comes down to who protects the QB......running yards will be tough to come by on both sides. Ben v Sanchez, who stays on his feet and makes the least mistakes/most big plays.........toss up. Low scoring.......17-13 type game

This will defnitely be a close game, last second FG type of hear attack game.......believe or not I felt like we were on cruise control yesterday.

16. tinmanjetsfan

tinmanjetsfan Member

Not sure if this was mentioned yet since this thread is 9 pages deep, but we need to tackle better. There were several spots in the game where we screwed up out tackling. There were some instances where it was a one on one tackle where we could've had the Pats for a loss or no gain and our guy gets juked and we give up 10 yards for a first down, but that's not what upset me the most.

We can't let them keep getting those extra 2, 3, or even 4 yards after the first hit. If you watched the Pats, when they tackle on the outside one guy makes contact, and three or four guys are there within a second so our guy can't really move forward. There was one play which really upset me where Brady threw a quick pass to the receiver or rb on the outside and one of our corners wrapped him up. David Harris was just standing their, and the guy gets an extra three yards after the wrap-up. We have to drive them back.

17. mute

mute Well-Known Member

the WRs may be "fast" but it wouldnt matter if the QB cant deliver the ball to them. Of course, Big Ben isnt easy to bring down, I know that, but im confident that we can do just that, bring him down, again. Overall though, this should be a fun game.

18. MyFavoriteMartin5

MyFavoriteMartin5 New Member

adam schefter picked the jets to WIN

The bandwagon is getting full

#178 MyFavoriteMartin5, Jan 17, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2011
  19. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

you do realize this win can work in one of two ways right? Either we do what you said, and we are happy and content and fold like a tent against pitt,

OR

we are at an all time high in confidence, which leads to high end play which could very well spell doom for the Steelers season.

I hope to god the Steelers think we are going to fold the way you do. Because if you do, we will beat you.

20. SteelCurtain96

SteelCurtain96 Active Member

Any fan of either team who thinks this is a walk in the park for their team is just f-ing stupid.

I'd be very shocked if one of these teams won this game by more than 4 points.