Jets-Steelers AFC Championship discussion thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Vorrecht, Jan 16, 2011.

1. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

based on this morning... its all about the steelers. Their defense is unlike anything we have ever seen.... (except for week 15 of course) and our defense can't contain the stillers forever... We can't get the pass rush to put Ben on the ground...

Fuck this shit. The steelers are a damn good team, but guess what? We are better. We are playing better. They needed to be bailed out by the Ravens choking to get back in the game. We took the fight to the Pats (unquestioned bestest team ever, while brady is playing the best season ever... blah blah blah) and kicked their cans all day long.

The Steelers should be scared. We altered our defense 180 degrees in order to beat both Peyton and Brady. We held them to 17 points earlier this year, and we are going in their on a mission.

We are fucking destined for this year to be our year. It's going to happen and its a shame they got in the way of us. But they did, now go get the fuck out of our way before we run them over.

They have their two rings this past half decade. It's time for the Jets to throw off the last 8 SB representatives in the same postseason en route to declaring ourselves a top teir team in the NFL for the next decade plus.

Pittsburgh Delenda Est.

2. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

It is but you know what, I don't care. The confidence of our team is so far off the charts, I don't care who you put in front of us, we are going to find a way to win the game. We are going to beat them up physically and we are going to find a way to get it done. there is no "all time greatest team" left in the bracket. We arent going to run into Elway's Broncos. We aren't running into Montana's 49ers. We already found a way to take down Brady and Manning. We can certainly limit the steelers offensively.

This weekend is likely to come down to turnovers and ST. I have faith in Westoff to shore up our teams. He won't allow the same type of performance with so much on the line. Something about this team screams destiny to me. So it doesn't matter how, it doesn't matter in what way, all that matters is that I know they are going to get it done.

Time to get fired up, we have two more elite QB's to shut down to win ourselves a fucking ring. Let's Fucking Go Boys!

Pittsburgh Delenda Est

3. BlackjackGold

BlackjackGold New Member

This is January football being played next week and as sweet as it was to watch the jets beat the patsies, I didn't see January football being played in that game....

4. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Patrick Ewing thought he was destined to win as well; how'd that work out? The Bills thought they were destined to win after their comeback against the Oilers; I'm sure that champagne tasted sweet.

beyond that, the "Steelers got bailed out by the Ravens" argument is total bullshit. the Ravens didn't crack 100 yards of offense until well into the third quarter. the Steelers didn't get bailed out by the Ravens, they dominated the Ravens, and the Ravens were lucky to be even in that game because of the Steelers' mistakes.

5. bucknasty

bucknasty Member

Santonio Holmes will be on a mission this game

6. TMC4REAL

TMC4REAL Banned

What continues to crack me up is all the rapist comments in this thread. Are you talking about Mark Sanchez?

"LOS ANGELES - Southern California backup quarterback Mark Sanchez was released from jail early Thursday following his arrest for investigation of sexually assaulting a female student, police said.

Sanchez, 19, was arrested around 4 p.m. at an apartment complex near campus. He was released shortly after midnight after posting $200,000 bail, sheriff’s deputy Ban Nguyen said.

Police took DNA and hair samples from Sanchez, the Los Angeles Daily News reported, citing unnamed sources."

"Eventually, the Los Angeles County District Attorney's office announced no charges would be filed against Sanchez citing a "lack of sufficient evidence beyond a reasonable doubt", noting the case was "essentially a 'one-on-one' allegation". Escaping legal retribution, Sanchez did not go completely unscathed as USC placed him on interim suspension that suspended him from the football team yet permitted him to take his semester finals, albeit separate from the general student body and under the supervision of campus security and was required to take a rape awareness class at USC. "

Ohh...Ohhh....glass houses boys.

So, you may want to state YOUR or MY when you type rapist to limit the confusion.

7. TMC4REAL

TMC4REAL Banned

Someone will just send him a big sack of weed and he will sleep through the game.

We have a hooker waiting on Cromartie.

8. TMC4REAL

TMC4REAL Banned

I do find it funny how the Patriots have "more playmakers" than the Steelers. They definitely do not have a running game comparable to the Steelers. The Pats also did not have a 1,000 yard receiver this season. Mike Wallace trumps any #1 they have if you look at season numbers. Not only has he developed into a complete receiver, he has unmatched speed.

Hines Ward is a multiple time Pro Bowl guy that is still a great possession receiver. The Steelers have Heath Miller. They also have two young receivers in Manny Sanders and Antonio Brown that lead the team in receiving against the Ravens. They have Antwaan Randle El. The Steelers have weapons. And, they have started using them like Tom Brady uses his. You take away one, they will just go to another and ride him until you adjust.

The key WON'T be who Revis gets or who Cromartie gets, they key will be if your free safety and extra DBs can match up with these younger WRs the Steelers have added, who are coming of age at the perfect time.

As for the line in shambles, you will face the SAME line that allowed Mendenhall to run for 99 yards and held your "vaunted", I use that loosely, pass rush to 3 sacks.

9. TMC4REAL

TMC4REAL Banned

I think the one thing Jets fans should know, the teams every Steeler fan hoped would win and face them were the Ravens and Jets. While we hate the Patriots, we also know that a QB like Brady gives our defense huge struggles. His ability to stand in the pocket and take 3 yards, take 4 yards, take 9 yards just kills us. We needed teams this season that lacked that great QB.

Sanchez may turn out to be good, but he is a 2nd year guy that is still learning. Dick LeBeau will throw things out that Sanchez has never seen. The Jets run. The Steelers run defense this season finished with the 3rd best yards per game average EVER. The defense will force Sanchez to beat them.

On offense, the Steelers will bring balance. They will run, dump pass, nip a first down, punt when they have to, then, when you least expect it, they will run a guy deep and bust you open. IMO, the first team to 20 wins.

10. pittguy578

pittguy578 New Member

You are not going to beat the Steelers up physically. Our defense is going to be at 100%, including Troy. Our QB gets hit and doesn't flinch unlike Brady.
    Totally different situation.

11. JetBlue

yeah, that's the same thing the Patriots thought as well, how'd that work out for them?
    the fact that you don't even realize how f'ing asinine this statement is reveals how little you know about the Jets. your line must suck if the Jets got 3 sacks in that game; we couldn't sack anyone in the regular season.

12. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

I think this game will be won in the trenches...fairly obvious statement, but unless there are turnovers, first to 20 wins this game. Something like 20-17 will be the final. I'll give the slight edge to both defensive lines, but I do think the Jets OL can prove to be the deciding factor. They outmuscled the Steelers' Dline last game and can do it again - they can basically do it to just about anybody.

13. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

I'd expect Santonio Holmes to be ready to go. I'm sure he'd love to knock his former team out of the playoffs.

14. TMC4REAL

TMC4REAL Banned

We are not the Patriots. We PLAY defense. We run the ball. I find it pretty funny how most here simply dismiss the Steelers. The Steelers have handled Rex Ryan's defense many times in Baltimore. He is not something new to us.

Our line does suck. The Steelers won 12 games with that crappy line. Sacks? So what. Three sacks is a good outing. The Ravens had 6 this week. SIX. And the Steelers hung 31 points on them. The Ravens keyed on Wallace and Ward, so the Steelers used Sanders and Brown. The Jets have to stop Mendenhall first. The Jets have yet to face a team in the playoffs with a decent running game to pair with a decent passing game.

Everyone here acts like the Steelers have been offered up on a platter. You sound just like the Raven fans last week.

The Steelers defense allowed 160 yards of TOTAL offense against the Ravens. They forced turnovers and dismantled that offense in the 2nd half. They are also as healthy as they have been since week 1.

15. JetBlue

and they sound just as fucking stupid as you. if you want to criticize irrational posting it is best not to then do so as well.

me specifically or the board? if me, how about you look up and read my position on this game. if the board in general, every message board is filled with posters like that, including the Steelers boards. but if you want to criticize the reasoning behind their pots, it is best not to be as unreasonable in your retorts.

16. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

you are joking right? coming into yesterdays game, Brady was utilizing so many weapons with regularity, that nobody got close to 1000 yards.

He had Welker, Branch, Green-Ellis, Woodhead, Gronkowski, Hernandez, Tate, all making plays on a weekly basis.

The Steelers have Ward, (great receiver, but he is starting to slow down a little. Wallace has taken over the "go-to" duties) Wallace (an up and comer, but hey that's what Revis is for) Miller (a top 10 TE, who is tough to stop, thank goodness we just bottled up two good ones to prove we could do it) and Mendenhall is the big threat on the ground.

Randle El has done almost nothing this year. Sanders and Brown are certainly improving, but they are still young guys and are relatively inexperienced compared to our secondary.

Don't get me wrong, you guys have great weapons. But as far as shear number, the pats had more for us to cover.

We can cover the steelers, we just need to do it.

17. The Sanchise

The Sanchise Active Member

Yes, but facts are facts.

One incident for Sanchez (IN COLLEGE, MIND YOU) where you probably did far worse and the girl just couldn't remember.

Roethlisberger is going on 30, there's been multiple incidences, and multiple of which didn't end up in newspapers. Just look on Deadspin and search for Roethlisberger "Grey dick".

See the difference? Wouldn't expect you to.

18. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

little bit of a difference here.

This Jets team has the most talent of any team left in the tournament (the only question mark is the QB) If Sanchez plays like he did yesterday, we will roll through the super bowl, guarantee it.

The Jets also will refuse to assume its going to be handed to them, they are going to work harded than hell. They are the most battled tested team for late game situations. We have won so many games late (both offensively and defensively) this year its getting to be ridiculous.

This Jets team will prevail sunday, not because the Steelers play poorly, but because we step up when it matters and win the damn game.

19. pittguy578

pittguy578 New Member

In terms of speed/agility, the Pats receivers have nothing on the Steelers.
    Revis ran a 4.4 40 yard dash.
    Mike Wallace ran a 4.33 40
    Emannuel Sanders ran a 4.4 40
    Antonio Brown 4.4 40
    Hines Ward has more yards than half of the Pats receivers combined.

Jets matched up better against the Pats in terms of coverage because the Pats receivers are either slow and/or old. Pittsburgh's receiver's are younger and faster, and Wallace is flat out faster than anyone in the Jets secondary.

20. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

you want to know why all the experts (and several members of the board) thought we wouldn't make it out of the first round, or beat Tom brady this week?

Because they said we couldnt stop an elite passing attack. Our strength was our run defense, and we had the ability to slow down teams that only employ three real receiving threats (at one time). in other words, 2 WR and 1 TE formations

you offense, is the type of offense we actually felt comfortable stopping 2 weeks ago. Which btw we limited to 17 points a month ago, even though Mendenhall ran all over us. If we can't limit your offense, which plays into the strengths of our defense, we don't deserve to win.

Your defense should stop us. I will admit it, our offense isn't exactly elite... But we have playmakers at every level of our offense. 3 elite WR in Holmes (who you know all to well) Edwards (who has been Beast this season) and J-Co (who in case you are unawares just went off on NE). We have Keller, a still developing TE who has the ability to take over a game (see Miami game 1) and we have an elite OL and LT (great receiving back) and Greene (bruiser who can punish opposing defenses)

If we ever put it all together, or if Sanchez plays another big time game, I would be worried in Pittsburgh if I were you...