Braylon Edwards has become clutch

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Kingfish, Jan 17, 2011.

1. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

We have 3 clutch receivers with Holmes and Edwards and Cotchery looks like he is back to being Mr. Dependable. Cotchery really had a bad season as far as dropping passes goes so it was nice to see him have such a big game for us.

2. Jetcentric28

Jetcentric28 New Member

Edwards is a beast! In a Sophie's choice between he and Santonio, I'm picking Braylon.

3. CurbYourEnthusiasm

CurbYourEnthusiasm Well-Known Member

I pray that we can somehow hold onto both Braylon and Santonio, someway, somehow. Sanchez would continue to have dangerous weapons, and with Rex's defense, we could be a team that goes to the playoffs every year. Would be the most refreshing thing for me at least, considering I root for the Knicks and Mets, two teams who rarely make it.

4. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

He's been a beast all season. Remember week 2?

Braylon was a force to reckon with in pretty much every game, besides the ones where the O completely shit the bed.

5. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

Obviously the team is having fun winning, but you can see Edwards and Holmes really seem to get along. I know ultimately decisions usually come down to money, but hopefully player to player relationships influence part of their decision making. (no homo)

6. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

true, but he went through the middle of the season (you know the weeks where Holmes went off, and the weeks the offense shit the bed) in a bit of a slump. But when he turned it back on in the Pitt game, we have been on a roll offensively. I also think he has been the guy helping the offense move the ball down the field more so than holmes of late. I feel like he is drawing the double teams and its been a big reason we have been so successful of late.

7. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

1 TD, 1 2PT, and 2 other less important ones.

The myth that he has bad hands is just rediculous. Whenever he has had time to establish chemistry with a QB he has been as clutch as they come.

8. Danny@ATL

Danny@ATL New Member

I think that like the Pats a few years ago players will be willing to take a little less money for the team. The players LOVE Rexy and I doubt many of these guys enjoyed their old teams as much as they do the Jets this year.

I'd love to stay in good terms with Holmes because he's going to make an outstanding coach after his playing career is over.

9. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Braylon has the least drops on the team and it's obvious that him and Sanchez are on the same page.

A bit unrelated, but I loved when Sanchez pointed and threw it there.

I was laughing my ass off for some reason.

10. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

I Remember missing a TD in the Falcons game last year.

11. kinghenry89

kinghenry89 New Member

As much as I love Holmes, I'd go with Edwards as well. He's a better vertical threat, a better blocker, and he's not one joint away from getting kicked out of the league.

Additionally, I think that Braylon will become more and more valuable as Sanchez matures--if the Jets start going downfield more in the next few years, we'll want Edwards around to teach opposing d-backs how to dougie.