Talking Superbowl Again

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by Section 227. Row 5, Jan 17, 2011.

1. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Okay... so we're on our way to Pittsburgh. By Sunday morning I'll be planning a Superbowl trip again, just like last year. I have never been to a Superbowl and I've always said that if the Jets ever get into the SB, I HAVE TO GO.

So last year I was inches away from pulling the trigger on StubHub for a pair of SB tickets. They were going for around $1700 and up.

My question is, can someone tell me again how it works (or if it even works) for us Upper Deckers? Do we gat any shot at all at SB tickets? I forget. Are we persona non-fucking grata or do we have a shot at the SB ticket pool? In the past, I've always had a shot at the tix, but now that I'm a worthless POS non-PSL holder, I forget where I stand again.

I know last year, I was scoping out motels in the area... now I've got to check out where to go in Dallas. Anyone have any suggestions as to a hotel near the stadium?

2. GrindHouse

GrindHouse Member

30% of the tickets will go to Club seat holder's and the remaining 70% will go to friends of Woody's lol! To be honest I really doubt anybody other then some Coaches Club seat holders will receive an email from the Jets regarding Sb tickets, imo. But I hope that I am wrong!

3. Section 227. Row 5

Seeking Dallas Information

Last year I went online looking at SB tix and found a pair. I was going to buy them if the Jets got in, and then, in the infantessimal chance that I got any by being a Jets STHer, I was going to unload whichever set was the least desirable.

I am also looking for anyone in the Dallas area to give me an idea of where to stay, where to eat, etc. Also looking for advice on airlines. Looking to depart on Feb 4th out of (preferrably) Newark airport.

4. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

We have to win one more game first..

5. Silencer

Silencer Member

Was it $1700 for the pair or $1700 each? How were the seats?

6. Section 227. Row 5

Actually, last year I started planning during this week. I want to be ready to jump on a hotel reservation and airline tickets and the SB tickets themselves on Sunday night.

And I don't believe in jinxes. I want to be ready to pull the trigger on some tix and reservations immediately, hence the questionairre this week.

Besides... WE ARE GOING TO BEAT THE STEELERS... you heard it here first!

7. Section 227. Row 5

It was around $1700 EACH and those were the cheapest. I was also locked onto a couple of seats that were slightly more... about $2250 each (or so). The biggest expense is the SB tix. Once you secure those, you can work out the rest.

I'd like to hear from anyone else in the area with the same thoughts. Would like to know which airlines fly into Dallas from Newark (preferrably) or JFK.

8. GrindHouse

GrindHouse Member

227, what are you going to do about a hotel. I would assume it is going to be near to impossible to book something this late in the game.

9. Section 227. Row 5

That's the problem. I may have to settle for a Hampton Inn-type thing on the outskirts, unless I luck out and find a cancellation or something. This is why I need to jump on it Sunday night!

Was hoping to hear from someone in the dallzs area. Champ... are you near Dallas?

10. WWWestonC

WWWestonC New Member

Have you seen anything cheaper than $2K for tickets?

11. Section 227. Row 5

I haven't looked this year. The prices I'm quoting were last year... about the same week.

12. JetsSec337Lot13B

227. I went to Dallas last year to visit a friend of mine. Beautiful women. If the Jets win I am going and money isn't an issue. I am usually not the type to blow money I don't have on stupid things but this isn't stupid in my book.

I am trying to find an airline that lets you cancel reservations within 24 hours after you book them. This way I can book a flight 20 hours before the game next Sunday and if we lose I'm not screwed.

13. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

227 - American Airlines is usually the best way to Dallas as it is their hub, and their company headquarters. My college roomie and my younger brother (both Jets fans of course) live there, so i used to visit the area every now and then. Regarding hotels - that's anyone guess given that a Super Bowl is in town. Stick with the names you know, which might just be the only option anyway.

Regarding we Upper deckers getting a shot at tickets, I recall the initial push for PSL sales indicated that those without a PSL had no shot in the lottery. I've read other posts here since then disputing this, so I'm not sure. I hope I have a shot - obviously I wouldn't need a hotel down there.

Oh, and remember the stadium is closer to Fort Worth than it is to Dallas proper (I'm pretty sure it is)

#13 LogeSection2RowJ, Jan 17, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2011
  14. Brick

Brick Member

Exactly. This is bad karma. Do not plan your SB trip until the clock says 0:00 at the end of the fourth quarter (or overtime) and the Jets score is higher than the Steelers score.

15. JetDan

JetDan Well-Known Member

I also sit in the Uppers and I remember the main point when the ticket reps tried to sell us

PSLS was chance for super bowl tickets. I hope their is a chance for us to get tickets at

face value which i think is $ 1,000 now. If the Jets win I will do everything I can to try

and get there

16. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

17. WWWestonC

WWWestonC New Member

When I click on Buy Package it goes to this page for me:

Inventory not available

The tickets you have selected are not yet available for sale. Please try back later or contact NFL On Location customer service at 212-655-5665 for more information.

That is a nice deal.

And yes it is a jynx/bad karma/etc. But every loaded Jet Fan from NY Area will be snatching up tickets should the unthinkable occur. Those prices will jump at least double what they are now I would assume as everyone will be doing the same thing trying to buy right after the game.

18. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

i planned ahead last year securing 2 airline tickets with my miles and and asking my aunt for her condo on the beach in ft lauderdale.i also started following tix prices on stubhub.tickets started at $1500 per and rose all the way to $1700 come the sunday of the AFC Championship game.i jumped on it. add the 10% for stubhub and it came to $1810 per tix.all going well until manning fucked it up.

well favre lost and the ticket prices dropped every day.until it was $1500 a ticket on wednesday before and still dropping. me and scotlandjet tried cutting ties at a $1000 a ticket whiwch was a $800 loss each before a 15% stubhub charge.

i decided to take both tickets and my son.it was a great time and i remember looking at all the saints fans after the interception,knowing their team was going to win.and the happiness they where sharing with other fans in person.and no way do i want to miss that...

i have reserved my airlines again.friday direct flight out of newark to dallas on continental leaving friday feb 4th i think is sold out.

19. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

thats exactly how you have to do it. but unfortunately there is no match up which involves us this year that will result in ticket prices plummeting so we can snatch them up...

20. JetsSec337Lot13B

Remember Dallas can hold about 100k. More seats = greater supply so prices may drop a bit. I'm still prepared to drop $3k to sit in heaven.