Brainlessly bash former Jet employee, Brian Schottenheimer

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by ThunderbirdJet, Sep 14, 2010.

1. concussion80

concussion80 New Member

We ran a successful sweep and then a risky out pass on 2nd down. This dumb fuck cant stick w the run.

2. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

We had a chance to get 1st downs and he wants ti run it up the fukin gut every time....

Shotty will be the #1 reason we lose this game...

3. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

See what happens when you throw it in the endzone????

Jesus friggin Christ!

4. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Another excellent job by Brian, it's all about execution. When we execute he looks good, when we don't he looks bad.

5. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

They ran the ball when I felt they needed to so I'm not going to complain too much, plus how do you bitch when you put up 4 scores? But, I will say that the choice to run the wildcat without Brad Smith in there was about the dumbest thing they pulled on Sunday.

6. Hot Rod

Hot Rod Member

I'll give Schotty credit for a good game plan but please no wildcat especially without Smith. That was just freaking stupid.

7. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

One of my happiest moments from the game last night was when Shonn Greene scored the TD, the cameras showed Schotty on the sideline celebrating. My thought was a big F you to the dumbasss Jets fans bitching about him all year.

Get Oaklands HCing job filled and we will be lucky to have this guy back next year. Its amazing how good an OC can look when the O is executing the gameplan and how bad when they're not.

8. RapZiLLa54

RapZiLLa54 New Member

He calls great games in the playoffs although not perfect. Disappointed we didn't take any shots at the endzone after that huge pick. And in I believe the 3rd quarter when Green just busted off that huge counter run and we'd be running well all drive we decide to pass and have to punt... I got no problem with passing but do it out of PA since the pats D is getting burnt.

Aside from those two things, he called another great game. Last week as well if Sanchez executed last week it would of been a blowout. I've been a schotty hater all season but so far in the playoffs hes been great both years in a row.

9. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

A decent game called..The key is calling a short passing game that keeps Sanchez completing over 60%

10. Namath2Kolber

Namath2Kolber New Member

These last two games (@ Indy and @ New England) have proven to me that Shottenjunior has what it takes. I want him back next year.

11. milcus

milcus Well-Known Member

The problem with Schotty is that he is always too conservative. He calls games in a way that keep them close and keeps opponents in them.

If we had an aggressive OC yestrday, we win that game by 3 td, at least (if it was Belichick calling plays, it would have been 5 td's)

12. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

What do you want to bet that Al Davis asks to talk to Schottenheimer during the Super Bowl week when we're preparing ?

Guy is senile...firing Cable...and then FINING him for running OTA's that Davis wanted, not Cable, so to take the blame off Al !!!

13. rex-N-effects

rex-N-effects New Member

evenr since the pitt game, schottys play calling has been great. just because a play doesn't work doesn't mean it was a bad call. sometimes the players didn't execute or the defense made a play and stopped it.

I'll admit i wanted him gone for 3/4 of the season but the last 1/4 and the playoffs he's been great. If he keeps this up i'd be happy to have him around for a while

14. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

I thought they got too conservative after the Harris INT too. At this point, either you trust Sanchez or you don't. When we came away with zero points, I was getting worried. Such a big play for naught.

One thing... if I ever see another short out pattern it will be too soon. I really hate that play. Risky, and it rarely reuslts in significant yardage.

Schotty called a good game.

Does Rex have his ankles chained together? Geeze, I can run faster than that. A LOT faster.

15. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

Another great game called by one of hte best O coordinators in the NFL. Ive been behind this guy all year and he has delivered.

16. The Notorious J.E.T.S

The Notorious J.E.T.S Well-Known Member

Absolutely agree with this. Listen, I'm not going to waste too much time criticizing ANYONE on this team after that win, but I honestly can't believe I'm reading "I Told You So's" from some of you. That Patriots' defense was aching to give up 45 points yesterday, and we kept them in the game by not being more aggressive. Where were the outside runs? Why are we running up the gut on 3rd & 5? How do you get in the red zone and not take any shots to the endzone? I will be kind enough to call Schotty's gameplan adequate enough to not cost us the playoffs, but don't think a better coordinator couldn't get more out of all the Pro-Bowl talent we have on offense (and you cant deny Holmes' TD was all Holmes going balls out & Braylon's TD was all Braylon channeling his inner Mark Bavaro.)

All that being said. We are 1 win away from the Superbowl...so threads like this are just counter-productive to our morale. At the end of the day, I'm rooting for Schotty just like the rest of you.

17. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Schotty looked like he got his guys to execute a pretty creative set of conservative playcalls at the insistence of Rex. And he did it without the crutch of Brad Smith.

There were things he did that pissed me off yesterday, but all of those middle runs set up the dagger at the end of the game with Greene bouncing outside. Good job, Schotty.

18. plasticsloth

plasticsloth Well-Known Member

The answer to your question is Mark Sanchez. He's still a second year qb and with brady on the other side of the field you do not want to turn over the ball. The Jets gameplan was clear, keep the ball away from Brady with a solid running game and catch the defense napping on a few big plays, which is exactly what happened. Same offense against Manning and it worked. At this point it's clear that they're not using their offense to put up a ton of points, but to control the game and help the rest of the team.

19. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

While I think he is just an average OC, he called a good game yesterday, 4/5 in the RZ can't complain about that. I really like when the Jets go to the 3 receiver set, Holmes, Jco, and Edwards, it puts pressure on the defense because they can still run the ball from the same formation.

Congrats to Schotty for not falling into the Jaworski mentality that it is a passing league and ask MS to carry the offense, good balanced attack.

20. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

You can't put a price on continuity. Ask some of the other QB's what having 3 OC's in their first 5 or 6 years means for them.

Ask yourself this: how good would you be at your job if the location changed every few months...the tasks you had to do changed a few months after that....the people you reported to and their demands changed too.....you'd go NUTS !!