Edwards Felt the Spirit of Byrd on TD

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ThunderbirdJet, Jan 17, 2011.

1. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000...ords-with-strong-play?module=HP_headlines2col

Braylon said he felt the spirit of Dennis Byrd in him as he broke tackles driving towards the end zone on his TD catch. It's in the NFL.com clip pasted above.

Sanchez also talks about what Byrd said, looking into your team mate's eyes, knowing that man next to you in the huddle.

Greg Buttle was saying stuff like this doesn't matter... he was wrong. It does... and it did.

That post game clip sent shivers up my spine.

2. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

Edwards was a man possesed yesterday. If only we threw the rock more his way god only knows what could have happened.

Hopefully their fire carries over into next week and beyond as well.

3. blackwaltz7

blackwaltz7 New Member

I heard him say that, he was possessed, and his blocking was great as usual

4. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

Is there a clip of Edwards saying this?

5. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

The Braylon post game interview was one of my favorite of the night. That guy has surprised me with the amount of passion he plays with each and every game. He has quickly become one of my favorite Jets.

He's such a pimp too, he was stylin for that post game interview with two diamond earings the size of softballs in his ears.

6. ThunderbirdJet

It was in the link I posted... should still be there, but it's later in the clip.

7. ThunderbirdJet

Bump for more Byrd homage.

8. ........

........ Trolls

Edwards has come a long way in the past two years, with that one little speed bump in the middle. If you need any proof, talk to a Browns fan. I have friends who are rooting for the Steelers this Sunday simply because of who Braylon was in Cleveland. Again, Browns fans...rooting for the Steelers. He's a changed man.

9. Coach K

Coach K New Member

im glad to have been the 25 percent who preferred him over Holmes if it came down to it.

Braylons blocking on run plays is monumental also. that play where he beasted in for the TD was fuckin downright nasty.

nothing beats his post game "and for the media on the pats jock, chew on that"

we'll get a discount from Edwards. lets hope Holmes feels something special enough to give one to us too.

10. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

Was really nice to see him embarass McCourty ... remember how he mocked us after his INT last game? Poetic Justice.

11. ........

........ Trolls

Yeah, still waiting for MBGreen to come around on that one.

12. ThunderbirdJet

These guys LOVE playing for Rex, and yes, I think he makes a difference. I think older vets might be more inclined to stay at a discount. Take a bit less money to be happy in an environment you love to be in? It's worth something. How much?

Beyond that, I think Ryan has gotten these guys to feel like family. Leave this to play where... Denver? Cleveland? For some coach you don't like?

13. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Ahhhah I knew that Canadian bastard would have an excuse to work Miracle Whip into a thread. Between that and that ketchup on his crow, he will stop at nothing to use a condiment.

14. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

15. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

To be fair, BE rubbed it in his face pretty hard in Week 2. Look at it this way, whoever wins gets the last chirp.